Is anyone here still furloughed..

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Alski

Is anyone here still furloughed..

June 27th, 2020, 9:59 am

..?

Tonytats

Re: Is anyone here still furloughed..

June 27th, 2020, 12:27 pm

Yeah my Mrs n daughter
Let hm gov pay their wages

chithole

June 27th, 2020, 2:27 pm

yes from 2 jobs :)
its when the companies have to start contributing to wages you will see lots of redundancies cheaper for government to pay dole than furlough

T_F_L_S

June 27th, 2020, 6:21 pm

Me and given the choice I would take another 12 1/2 years if it was available! I think the govt should be able to claim back the furlough money from companies making redundancies...

LittleMate

June 27th, 2020, 7:10 pm

T_F_L_S wrote:
Me and given the choice I would take another 12 1/2 years if it was available! I think the govt should be able to claim back the furlough money from companies making redundancies...
I disagree. The furlough money is there to keep people in jobs for now, until we know how the economy was going to pan out. If there was no furlough scheme hundreds of thousands of people would have been made redundant by the end of March; millions by April. Its been like a life support machine for pubs and restaurants. Both of these trades would have laid EVERYONE off.

Having thought about it, I think that last statement ranks in the top 10 most stupid posts ever. Congrats turbo!!

LittleMate

June 27th, 2020, 7:12 pm

Oh - and I still have 3 staff furloughed and 1 is back full time from 1 July and another will come back part time in July when regulations allow. I'm working like a loonie right now to do nothing more than preserve THEIR jobs. I could have closed the business in March and been better off than I am today.

tankbuster1

June 27th, 2020, 7:35 pm

Look at how many CEOs from top top Companies left their places late last year and in Jan and then have look at how many Senators sold their shares at a peak price in Jan

23rd December 2019
https://www.investors.com/news/ceo-turn ... ut-droves/

RichyPal

June 27th, 2020, 8:04 pm

I am one of the "extremely vulnerable" because I have hardly any immune system due to the drugs I take for Crohn's Disease and a few other bits.

I received my government letter saying so on March 22nd and my company furloughed me 2 weeks later, I didn't leave home at all apart from 2 hospital appointments for the full 12 weeks.

The 12 weeks ended on June 22nd but I got another government letter last week saying I must stay off till at least August 01st.

My company sent me an e-mail yesterday saying they are extending my furlough and it could be until October 31st !

I am v v lucky because my company make up any shortfall and I get full salary.

Marky147

June 27th, 2020, 8:13 pm

You should have been jogged on about 10 years ago, you muggy little cauliflower!

bilthebandit

June 27th, 2020, 8:29 pm

Did you get a call asking if you need any food Richy due to the risky nature of going to asda ect????? got mine 2 or 3 days ago haha

Martin i think turbo is referring more to the larger companies and multinationals some of which will and have took the piss but tbh the scheme by Rishy Sunak is the one redeeming policy of this gov and was even done at the right time!!!!!

Also Richy cant see you or i hitting the nightclubs till a vaccine appears so your oct 31st may get extended also.

Garethherb

June 27th, 2020, 8:47 pm

I am still on furlough and expect to be last man back.

Company car lease ran out so was collected. Company asked if I wanted a hire car while waiting for replacement. As car had done zero miles I didn't take their offer. So I expect they will take the others back before calling me.

Hopefully when the redundancies come, those wanting early retirement will volunteer first.

RichyPal

June 27th, 2020, 9:07 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 8:29 pm
Did you get a call asking if you need any food Richy due to the risky nature of going to asda ect????? got mine 2 or 3 days ago haha

Martin i think turbo is referring more to the larger companies and multinationals some of which will and have took the piss but tbh the scheme by Rishy Sunak is the one redeeming policy of this gov and was even done at the right time!!!!!

Also Richy cant see you or i hitting the nightclubs till a vaccine appears so your oct 31st may get extended also.
The letter I originally received from the NHS/government on March 22nd advised me to go on line and register as extremely vulnerable and answer some questions etc and that is where they asked me if I wanted the food parcel. I 100% said I didn't need the parcel as Denise was still able to get out as long as she followed the strict guidelines, they have sent me a parcel every Thursday for the last 3 months.

After a few weeks I received a call asking me how I was doing and did I need any extra help, I told them I was fine and could they please stop the food parcels and the bloke said of course, they never stopped. I told the delivery driver twice to stop delivering and he said he'd tell his manager, they still never stopped. I've been splitting the parcel between Denise's dad and my mentally ill brother.

The thought of it being extended past October would bloody kill me, I actually want to get back to work now.

RichyPal

June 27th, 2020, 9:12 pm

Marky147 wrote:
You should have been jogged on about 10 years ago, you muggy little cauliflower!
Muggy mug :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Marky147

June 27th, 2020, 11:01 pm

RichyPal wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 9:12 pm
Marky147 wrote:
Muggy mug :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
8-) :thumb:

Double D

June 28th, 2020, 12:23 am

Boys, report from Phoenix in Arizona. The news networks are saying Florida is new epicenter in USA, but here in Phoenix we have 40 cases per thousand and Florida has 19 per thousand. Our hospitals are about a week from crashing. I'm staying in lock down as I have been for 4 months. When you think it is bad, just imagine if you had a reality TV host running the country, telling all the idiots not to wear a mask and that everything is going good. Over half the states have rising case numbers, and only 3 or 4 have declining numbers. Trump thinks unless he gets the economy going again he will lose, so he is lying to everyone telling them all is under control, and all the kids headed back to the bars and it took off again. It is going to be hell for next 6 months.

Marky147

June 28th, 2020, 12:38 am

You're wrong, Dave. It's all fake :roll:

Stay safe, and hopefully see you at xmas, mate.

LittleMate

June 28th, 2020, 10:57 am

Dave,

Keep safe and hope to see you when all is good again.

T_F_L_S

June 28th, 2020, 11:03 am

LittleMate wrote:
T_F_L_S wrote:
I disagree. The furlough money is there to keep people in jobs for now, until we know how the economy was going to pan out. If there was no furlough scheme hundreds of thousands of people would have been made redundant by the end of March; millions by April. Its been like a life support machine for pubs and restaurants. Both of these trades would have laid EVERYONE off.

Having thought about it, I think that last statement ranks in the top 10 most stupid posts ever. Congrats turbo!!
Pubs and restaurants provide poorly paid non jobs as far as I'm concerned. Ie not enough to live on...

The fact that most businesses seem to be run with zero contingency for tough times reflects the real problem, poor management and planning...

T_F_L_S

June 28th, 2020, 11:09 am

Double D wrote:
Boys, report from Phoenix in Arizona. The news networks are saying Florida is new epicenter in USA, but here in Phoenix we have 40 cases per thousand and Florida has 19 per thousand. Our hospitals are about a week from crashing. I'm staying in lock down as I have been for 4 months. When you think it is bad, just imagine if you had a reality TV host running the country, telling all the idiots not to wear a mask and that everything is going good. Over half the states have rising case numbers, and only 3 or 4 have declining numbers. Trump thinks unless he gets the economy going again he will lose, so he is lying to everyone telling them all is under control, and all the kids headed back to the bars and it took off again. It is going to be hell for next 6 months.

He should be strung up the lives of thousands are on his shoulders...

bilthebandit

June 28th, 2020, 1:27 pm

Double D wrote:
Not quite sure who is leading the way tbh Donnie or Boris both seem well matched and their underlings even harder to separate except for Kayleigh and Sunak as hes good with figures and shes got a good figure also hes uses his mouth wisely and we all would wisely tell her what to do with her mouth.Even Tim would agree with most of this. :D :D

tankbuster1

June 28th, 2020, 8:47 pm

nyc.jpg
nyc.jpg (4.69 KiB) Viewed 275 times
To be fair to Trump he sent the Hospital ship to New York but Nipple ringed Cucmo sent all the people with it to Care homes to wipe out the old people the same Cucmo whos daughter was caught with Antifa damaging property

Also in the States you are tested twice a day in the Hospitals and every test is put on the Offical figures so if one person in the hospital for a week there is 14 positive tests times that by 1000 people and people think 14000 people have tested positive.

Hence the Trump stop testing positive people speech

bilthebandit

June 28th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Always nice to hear conservatives opinion.

tankbuster1

June 28th, 2020, 9:41 pm

Its all about control Bill always has been oh and to strip people of even more wealth they want it fking all.
Perfectly fit people staying indoors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_DC0lu ... e=youtu.be

tankbuster1

June 28th, 2020, 10:11 pm

Just came across this but listen to this Guy happened a couple of days ago when his Vid was took off youtube
It could even go in the Racism thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSjrYWPxsG8

All about control

LittleMate

June 30th, 2020, 7:53 am

T_F_L_S wrote:
LittleMate wrote:
T_F_L_S wrote:

Pubs and restaurants provide poorly paid non jobs as far as I'm concerned. Ie not enough to live on...

The fact that most businesses seem to be run with zero contingency for tough times reflects the real problem, poor management and planning...
Just a question. How much contingency do you think a business should have? Put a figure up, as a % of turnover.

T_F_L_S

June 30th, 2020, 8:54 am

LittleMate wrote:
T_F_L_S wrote:
LittleMate wrote:

Just a question. How much contingency do you think a business should have? Put a figure up, as a % of turnover.
I have no idea but it makes my blood boil when thieving scum like Green and Branson are the 1st ones with their snouts in the trough despite siphoning off billions...

Do you think that working should guarantee a life? ie shelter, heating , food, decent pension etc? Or should we continue with this USA inspired race to be the next 3rd world country?

bilthebandit

June 30th, 2020, 11:06 am

I was under the impression that "Virgin" pay and working conditions ect have always been fair and good Turbo agree that Green is scum of the highest order.Also the 1st with their snouts in the trough have always been the paymasters and the members of the Tory party green likely to be here.

Marky147

June 30th, 2020, 1:44 pm

Aren't Virgin having to resolve their cashflow issues through private deals?

LittleMate

June 30th, 2020, 3:26 pm

T_F_L_S wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 8:54 am
LittleMate wrote:
T_F_L_S wrote:

I have no idea but it makes my blood boil when thieving scum like Green and Branson are the 1st ones with their snouts in the trough despite siphoning off billions...

Do you think that working should guarantee a life? ie shelter, heating , food, decent pension etc? Or should we continue with this USA inspired race to be the next 3rd world country?
Turbo you are making no sense. All you are doing is spouting off. As usual you know all of the issues and have none of the solutions.

At a guess, businesses hold about 10% of their annual turnover in cash. I'd estimate that the average person in the UK does not hold 5-10% of their annual salary in cash. So the public are poorer planners than the businesses they work for......

tankbuster1

June 30th, 2020, 6:34 pm

Whats fking the public is house prices even if you heald 10% of your wages in cash its only your mortgage or rent for a year.
The only way for a country to prosper is to kick out the Bankers .Its been done before and the Country that done it had the highest standard of living in the world for 9 years