Covid - 19

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Post Reply
bilthebandit
Posts: 3392
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Covid - 19

Post: # 37096Post bilthebandit
February 26th, 2020, 5:57 pm

Looking like a biggie now so might be a idea holding off on the ante post Cheltenham bets haha.

Saw some figures and estimates of 250k to 350K deaths here being banded about with a ROI of between 2% and 4% seems low but going to be very big advantage if your ticker and respiratory functions are fine!!!! if not like myself ya gonna have to go allin as a 70\80% fav and hope it holds.Foxy ofc in the shit going allin with any 2 :hide: :hide:

Will Vegas go ahead???? who knows be dodgy on a plane with guys coughing and snotting all over the shop for 12 hours haha.

Marky147
Posts: 3373
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37097Post Marky147
February 26th, 2020, 6:44 pm

Will Vegas go ahead?

Are they closing it?

Stick to politics, Nutkins.

silverfox46
Posts: 873
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37099Post silverfox46
February 27th, 2020, 9:23 am

Foxy is always in the shit Bill, at my age,still smoking, for 60+years lungs fked, dicky ticker,if i wake up every day it's a bonus m8. :help:

Theadder4
Posts: 2895
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37100Post Theadder4
February 27th, 2020, 1:45 pm

Same here.heavy smoker .drink a lot .like a fry up every morning and a takeaway every night.
Average life expectancy for a male in the area of glasgow i live is 54.
Im 60 this year so freerolling. So not going to worry about some virus.

T8MML
Posts: 1774
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 7:35 am
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37101Post T8MML
February 27th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 1:45 pm
Same here.heavy smoker .drink a lot .like a fry up every morning and a takeaway every night.
Average life expectancy for a male in the area of glasgow i live is 54.
Im 60 this year so freerolling. So not going to worry about some virus.

Tbh Dougie, if can escape Benidorm without catching something you’ll be able to walk through a room with 200 lepers in it without even getting a bollack itch!!

Tonytats
Posts: 646
Joined: July 15th, 2017, 6:55 am
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37103Post Tonytats
February 28th, 2020, 6:27 am

Theadder4 wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 1:45 pm
Same here.heavy smoker .drink a lot .like a fry up every morning and a takeaway every night.
Average life expectancy for a male in the area of glasgow i live is 54.
Im 60 this year so freerolling. So not going to worry about some virus.

I love this post Dougie xx

LittleMate
Posts: 576
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 2:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37110Post LittleMate
February 28th, 2020, 3:53 pm

The virus is starting to hit business, but is a few weeks away from impacting. Stocks of Chinese components are down to the last 2-3 weeks supply - and its 5 weeks to get here on the seas ONCE MANUFACTURED. Manufacturing has ceased for now in many parts of China evidently. It looks like there is going to be a "hole" in the inventory of chinese goods. If this carries on for another week, which I expect it to, I can see manufacturing industries grinding to a halt.

On a separate point, I'm due to watch Borussia Dortmund play in a fortnight. Paid for tickets via a reseller. Got AirBnb and car hire booked. Starting to worry about this event. Might have to stay at home with the wife instead grrrr..

Tonytats
Posts: 646
Joined: July 15th, 2017, 6:55 am
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37114Post Tonytats
February 28th, 2020, 9:49 pm

I hope my buyer from Wigan don’t realise
I’m selling 3 drilling rigs n loads gear
Laid my blokes off Monday called it a day
No work
Brexit Boris corona ? Dunno
I’m had enough
Having a quieter life now

Tonytats
Posts: 646
Joined: July 15th, 2017, 6:55 am
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37129Post Tonytats
March 3rd, 2020, 4:08 am

Phew he turned up and bought all my drilling equipment

bilthebandit
Posts: 3392
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37131Post bilthebandit
March 3rd, 2020, 1:12 pm

Marky147 wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 6:44 pm
Will Vegas go ahead?

Are they closing it?

Stick to politics, Nutkins.
Skys political anchor woman Kate Burley in sin city atm covering US political bollox and the virus seems to be going great in the USA no doubt due to Donald haha.

Our intrepid gov says they will bring out old retired GPs and nurses to bolster the ranks!!!!! rofl as if these ppl are stupid enough to put themselves in serious peril.

Marky147
Posts: 3373
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37132Post Marky147
March 3rd, 2020, 3:23 pm

Tonytats wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 4:08 am
Phew he turned up and bought all my drilling equipment
Enjoy!

Have time for a few holidays now, mate :)

Marky147
Posts: 3373
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37133Post Marky147
March 3rd, 2020, 3:23 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 1:12 pm
Skys political anchor woman Kate Burley in sin city atm covering US political bollox and the virus seems to be going great in the USA no doubt due to Donald haha.

Our intrepid gov says they will bring out old retired GPs and nurses to bolster the ranks!!!!! rofl as if these ppl are stupid enough to put themselves in serious peril.
Doubt it's much to do with Donald what's going on there.

Wouldn't be watching anything with Kay Burley on, either. Horrible woman.


T8MML
Posts: 1774
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 7:35 am
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37136Post T8MML
March 4th, 2020, 2:02 pm

Marky147 wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 3:23 pm
bilthebandit wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 1:12 pm
Skys political anchor woman Kate Burley in sin city atm covering US political bollox and the virus seems to be going great in the USA no doubt due to Donald haha.

Our intrepid gov says they will bring out old retired GPs and nurses to bolster the ranks!!!!! rofl as if these ppl are stupid enough to put themselves in serious peril.
Doubt it's much to do with Donald what's going on there.

Wouldn't be watching anything with Kay Burley on, either. Horrible woman.
You leave Kay alone mate - I reckon she’s a right dirty bitch!!

silverfox46
Posts: 873
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37137Post silverfox46
March 4th, 2020, 4:16 pm

T8MML wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 2:02 pm
Marky147 wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 3:23 pm
bilthebandit wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 1:12 pm
Skys political anchor woman Kate Burley in sin city atm covering US political bollox and the virus seems to be going great in the USA no doubt due to Donald haha.

Our intrepid gov says they will bring out old retired GPs and nurses to bolster the ranks!!!!! rofl as if these ppl are stupid enough to put themselves in serious peril.
Doubt it's much to do with Donald what's going on there.

Wouldn't be watching anything with Kay Burley on, either. Horrible woman.
You leave Kay alone mate - I reckon she’s a right dirty bitch!!
well worth a squirt in her younger day, nearly past her use by date now Tim.

Marky147
Posts: 3373
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37138Post Marky147
March 4th, 2020, 4:21 pm

I'll leave her well alone. Don't even look at her on TV :lol:

bilthebandit
Posts: 3392
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37139Post bilthebandit
March 4th, 2020, 4:52 pm

Agree with Tim here and Foxy you would love a shot!!!! dunno whats up with noddy but I reckon shes one of the most interesting women on tv.

T8MML
Posts: 1774
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 7:35 am
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37140Post T8MML
March 4th, 2020, 5:15 pm

Marky147 wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 4:21 pm
I'll leave her well alone. Don't even look at her on TV :lol:
Gone are the days where any hole was a goal you fussy fker!

tankbuster1
Posts: 2061
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 3:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37144Post tankbuster1
March 4th, 2020, 7:14 pm

Don't worry about it Israel has a cure for it

User avatar
Random1002
Posts: 351
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 7:16 pm
Location: ooop your gary
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37145Post Random1002
March 4th, 2020, 11:15 pm

fkin odd looking goat

Double D
Posts: 94
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37147Post Double D
March 5th, 2020, 3:03 am

Lads here is the update from the Colonies. Trump and our Center of Disease Control (CDC) screwed up the first tests so we don't have any tests, only tested 500 people so far, there have been 137 confided cases and 11 deaths. But since hardly any tests we really don't know how bad it is or how far it has spread. One Nursing home in Washington State is the epicenter of the disease with it working the old folks over pretty hard, 7 of the deaths have come out of this old folks home. Since there is no testing there is no contact tracing and not much quarantine, so it could get out of the box over here. Trump is trying to tamp down how bad it is so as to stave off the stock market decline and the recession which might hurt Trump in the campaign. I am hopeful about WSOP, but keeping an open mind. OnTap, is coming over in April to SouthPoint and while I am booked, I'm keeping my options open.

Double D
Posts: 94
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 11:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37148Post Double D
March 5th, 2020, 3:57 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/04/worl ... &smtyp=cur

Here is a link to New York Times which does a daily update on the illness.

Garethherb
Posts: 185
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 6:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37149Post Garethherb
March 5th, 2020, 7:11 am

Just doing some maths on this when WHO revised the death rate to be 3.4%. This is being revised all the time.
Govt thinks "best" worst cases scenario (whatever that means) is 80% of population will be infected.

So here's the maths

66.5M population x 80% infected x 3.4% mortality rate= 1.8M coffins required. Even if the numbers are way off the potential is scary.

Today Italy announced 107 deaths from 3000 cases. Not a single fatality under 60 years of age.

Govt announcing in next day or two we are moving from Containing Plan to the Plan. Good luck if you have tickets for a big match or concert. The health advisor to government is talking about "changing the way the NHS is run"

Scary stuff, especially for us old duffers on here. Stay safe everyone

silverfox46
Posts: 873
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37152Post silverfox46
March 5th, 2020, 8:27 am

oh the irony, got an email this am from go groupie, a Chinese co. who i have bought bits and bobs off advertising.......................... fkin HAND SANITIZER for 5-99 a pop.

bilthebandit
Posts: 3392
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37153Post bilthebandit
March 5th, 2020, 9:38 am

Yup MR Herb at first they said 250k to 350k deaths here and the revised 80% infection rate screws up their figures drastically .

The land of the free are going to have to be brave as the %%%%%s of deaths there will be a lot higher than Europe because although great treatment available its only for a minority and tbh its going down the same path here.

As the economy or Toryboy backhanders the priority here expect an explosion of infections in the next 2 or 3 weeks I predict as an inept gov seem clueless about containment and the latest non disclosure of areas with high rates will serve to spread the virus quicker albiet will save a few quid in the short term.

Bandits investment guide says forget Cheltenham and have a punt on funeral company shares they are going up haha.

Theadder4
Posts: 2895
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37154Post Theadder4
March 5th, 2020, 10:39 am

A lot of experts saying prob everyone is going to catch this virus.and their advice is to take a week to 10 days of work and its sorted.

Theadder4
Posts: 2895
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37155Post Theadder4
March 5th, 2020, 10:46 am

And dont worry dave.TRUMPS the man to save the planet :D

Garethherb
Posts: 185
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 6:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37157Post Garethherb
March 5th, 2020, 1:10 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 10:39 am
A lot of experts saying prob everyone is going to catch this virus.and their advice is to take a week to 10 days of work and its sorted.
Hopefully, by the time any of us catch it the doctors will have sorted out best practice.

LittleMate
Posts: 576
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 2:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37158Post LittleMate
March 5th, 2020, 1:22 pm

Garethherb wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 7:11 am
Just doing some maths on this when WHO revised the death rate to be 3.4%. This is being revised all the time.
Govt thinks "best" worst cases scenario (whatever that means) is 80% of population will be infected.

So here's the maths

66.5M population x 80% infected x 3.4% mortality rate= 1.8M coffins required. Even if the numbers are way off the potential is scary.

Today Italy announced 107 deaths from 3000 cases. Not a single fatality under 60 years of age.

Govt announcing in next day or two we are moving from Containing Plan to the Plan. Good luck if you have tickets for a big match or concert. The health advisor to government is talking about "changing the way the NHS is run"

Scary stuff, especially for us old duffers on here. Stay safe everyone
As always it gets the old and vulnerable, as influenza does each winter.

If you are over 70 then you have a 1 in 12 to die; over 80 and its 1 in 7. If you have cariovascular issues, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, hupertension or cancer you got a 1 in 20 chance of dying.

Under 50 you have between a 1 in 250 and 1 in 500 chance of dying - and if you are healthy similar odds.

Marky147
Posts: 3373
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Covid - 19

Post: # 37159Post Marky147
March 5th, 2020, 2:06 pm

Chief Medical Officer supposedly said this on Radio 4 -

Did not see much benefit in banning large gatherings such as footy matches as...

"An infected person could infect a few people sat near them"

"If people went to the pub instead to watch a match - then the risk of transmission and infection would be much higher in such a tightly-packed confined space"

As opposed to outside in the fresh air in a stadium.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ladymucky and 40 guests