I DONT DO POLITICS BUT...

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
ladymucky

I DONT DO POLITICS BUT...

December 5th, 2019, 12:18 am

'
The freedom to vote should be just that, surely?

I haven't looked into this but my cab driver from London to Essex on Mon told me some eyeopening stuff (journey went on way longer than expected)

So, in Holland and surrounding countries, if you don't use your vote they fine you 2k :o

I mean, what kinda democracy is that?

I don't vote because I find it hard to believe in any of it... so they would force me to vote for something/someone I didn't believe in?

I see this going one of three ways for me if I lived there....

1. Bankrupt.

2. imprisoned for nonpayment of fines (due to principles)

3. Moving out.

Shocking..... this is 2020 Europe FFS people should be as entitled to NOT have an opinion as having one.

tankbuster1

Re: I DONT DO POLITICS BUT...

December 5th, 2019, 12:32 am

What is more Shocking is you thinking you live in a Democracy

silverfox46

December 5th, 2019, 9:15 am

i'm sure Mr Bandit will be along shortly to show you the path of enlightenment.

richlizard

December 5th, 2019, 9:19 am

You don't live there. Be happy.

caaaant

December 5th, 2019, 11:57 am

This is also a requirement in Australia. I whole-heatedly support it. It does not mean you need to vote for anyone, you can spoil your ballot paper. It should be mandatory - lots in my family died fighting for your right to vote and live freely. Vote you fucking truds :-)

bilthebandit

December 5th, 2019, 1:05 pm

Richy makes the most compelling argument there then calls me a fuking TRUD which is only just better than a tory supporter which tramsposes the R and U !!!!!! but I am happy enough to belong to the Trud clique alongside Mucky!!!!!!

ladymucky

December 5th, 2019, 1:18 pm

caaaant wrote:
This is also a requirement in Australia. I whole-heatedly support it. It does not mean you need to vote for anyone, you can spoil your ballot paper. It should be mandatory - lots in my family died fighting for your right to vote and live freely. Vote you fucking truds :-)

I agree with a lot of your politics I see on FB and I know you feel strongly. But I don’t agree with this.

And people died for many things under the British flag 🇬🇧 but were sold out. Like the RUC members who died for the Royal insignia and they stripped them of it.

Voting with no knowledge and going blindly in caused Brexit, so how does that help???

Forcing me to lie by ticking a box is still forcing me to lie. I won’t agree with it. It stinks of dictatorship.

People also died for our right of freedom and the right to choose.

T8MML

December 5th, 2019, 1:22 pm

I’m with you Caant. Too many will spout their political shit on social media but when the day comes there’s a slight risk of rain so stay in bed!

Rivher

December 5th, 2019, 1:25 pm

ladymucky wrote:
'

I haven't looked into this but my cab driver from London to Essex on Mon told me some eyeopening stuff (journey went on way longer than expected)

So, in Holland and surrounding countries, if you don't use your vote they fine you 2k :o

I don't vote because I find it hard to believe in any of it... so they would force me to vote for something/someone I didn't believe in?

1. Bankrupt.

3. Moving out.

Shocking..... this is 2020 Europe FFS people should be as entitled to NOT have an opinion as having one.
I think it is very good.

It means the result is a totally true representation of the entire country!

Rivher

December 5th, 2019, 1:26 pm

T8MML wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:22 pm
I’m with you Caant. Too many will spout their political shit on social media but when the day comes there’s a slight risk of rain so stay in bed!
If it rains, fuck that! :D

ladymucky

December 5th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Rivher wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:25 pm
ladymucky wrote:
'

1. Bankrupt.

3. Moving out.

I think it is very good.

It means the result is a totally true representation of the entire country!
Not if you dont know what you’re voting for. And you don’t believe any of the BS. You are putting your name to a lie. It’s a disgusting idea.

T8MML

December 5th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Trouble is Angie, the rest of us can’t look in a cauldron to see the way forward :)

LittleMate

December 5th, 2019, 2:30 pm

caaaant wrote:
I'm a firm believer in voting; I even vote in parish elections - because I firmly believe you can't moan about it unless you took part in the process.

I'm not sure about £2k fines (I think Australia is 1/10th of that from memory) but I think that people who consistently do not vote should be restricted from doing so in the future. Miss 2 consecutive elections and so you are barred from the following 2?

Theadder4

December 5th, 2019, 2:41 pm

I moan about politics all the time,
Who can i vote for? ,its not just a case that i dont like most of their policys ,
Ime against most of them. And thats all partys,
So should i vote for something ime strongly against ?

ladymucky

December 5th, 2019, 3:03 pm

LittleMate wrote:
caaaant wrote:
I'm a firm believer in voting; I even vote in parish elections - because I firmly believe you can't moan about it unless you took part in the process.

I'm not sure about £2k fines (I think Australia is 1/10th of that from memory) but I think that people who consistently do not vote should be restricted from doing so in the future. Miss 2 consecutive elections and so you are barred from the following 2?
All this tells me is that you’re a firm believer in moaning :hide:

_JC_

December 5th, 2019, 3:30 pm

Oh dear, in Holland you 100% do not have to vote, you may have been sleeping but that was abolished in 1967......

bilthebandit

December 5th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Its a very debatable point with some members making very reasonable arguments others not so much

Very reasonable contributors so far
Richy
Dougie
Martin
Esp Foxy

Valid contributors
Lizard
and YES Tank
Belated input from JC

You don't have to agree with their arguments for it to be a reasonable or valid opinion.

No pat on the back for the wise crackers nor the fellow who thinks the prob totally inaccurate Dutch system would be "good" and lead to "even more laughable" A totally true representation of the entire country.

As it is atm here any adult eligible can vote or abstain no matter of political view whether black white or a dif shade or religion a witch even also does not matter if you have the capability to understand what your are putting your name to or are too daffy to have the remotest clue to what is going on the IQ of a gnat will suffice.

A wise man once said to me "the majority is almost always wrong" and damn he was right as Brexit proves and the amount of times the tory boys have hoodwinked the electorate.The wise man did have flaws tho he looked and dressed like Corbyn haha.

ladymucky

December 5th, 2019, 4:12 pm

_JC_ wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 3:30 pm
Oh dear, in Holland you 100% do not have to vote, you may have been sleeping but that was abolished in 1967......
You make my very point ... people making uninformed opinions.

You say here "Oh dear" in a patronising way and say I must have been asleep. If you actually read the post I say "I haven't looked into this but my cab driver from London to Essex on Mon told me...." Who also happened to be a resident in Holland for nearly 30 years. And why the subject came up. He also told me its a police state basically and that people are too free here to treat the police badly. In Holland, they could just pick them up and shake them with no comebacks etc. ( I blamed The Bill, :mrgreen: :hide: )

We both agreed the police should be armed in the UK. Not just response teams.

LittleMate

December 5th, 2019, 4:25 pm

ladymucky wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 3:03 pm
LittleMate wrote:
caaaant wrote:

All this tells me is that you’re a firm believer in moaning :hide:
Lol, but exactly the opposite. I don't believe others can moan unless they have made a valid contribution to the system.

Marky147

December 5th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Look at Nutkins Bercow up there as speaker of the house :lol: :lol:

Theadder4

December 5th, 2019, 5:57 pm

Dont think holland is a police state,they very liberal over there,
Even have prisons were they let you out during the week to go to your job, and have to go back after your job is finished for the day,or sometimes you are free to work and live with your family through the week but are locked up at weekends to serve your sentence.
Ive worked and stayed in holland,and its defo not a police state.

Other thing they do in holland ,which they should do here imo, is public transport, theres machines to buy tickets,and everyone must buy one (or season tickets) if you are caught on train without one,you are fined, 10% of whatever your yearly salary is (at least thats the way it used to be)

T8MML

December 5th, 2019, 6:15 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 5:57 pm
Dont think holland is a police state,they very liberal over there,
Even have prisons were they let you out during the week to go to your job, and have to go back after your job is finished for the day,or sometimes you are free to work and live with your family through the week but are locked up at weekends to serve your sentence.
Ive worked and stayed in holland,and its defo not a police state.

Other thing they do in holland ,which they should do here imo, is public transport, theres machines to buy tickets,and everyone must buy one (or season tickets) if you are caught on train without one,you are fined, 10% of whatever your yearly salary is (at least thats the way it used to be)
They make great brownies too

richlizard

December 5th, 2019, 6:24 pm

caaaant wrote:

As it's you, who do you want me to vote for? Are we now a gang?

richlizard

December 5th, 2019, 6:31 pm

I don't do politics, but let's be honest.

If us cluelees truds hadn't been given a vote, we would have none of this Brexit bollox going on right? I am right, aren't I? Right?

ladymucky

December 6th, 2019, 2:31 am

richlizard wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 6:31 pm
I don't do politics, but let's be honest.

If us cluelees truds hadn't been given a vote, we would have none of this Brexit bollox going on right? I am right, aren't I? Right?
Right.