The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Rivher
Posts: 2038
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 4:36 am
Location: Yappsville
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35231Post Rivher
December 4th, 2019, 4:39 pm

ladymucky wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 4:27 pm
richlizard wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 10:15 am
ladymucky wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 7:36 am


Absolute poppycock.

In actual fact the better player is MORE likely to bust out of a tournament.



Eh? Image
I get why Simon wouldn't understand but TBH quite surprised at you.

The short answer is - style of play.

Good players cash only 15 to 20% of large field tournaments -Better players maybe even less.

To win big you have to UNDERSTAND busting out is part of the game.

Good players will accumulate a lot of chips to win the tournament ... with that comes more risk ... so this makes the best players favourites to bust more often. But the long game is that in these risks comes the much larger payouts many times their buy-in and covers the tournaments they don't cash in.

.
No there is a lot less risk with a big stack, you can make moves and not go broke on one hand. Best players do not go all in preflop with 50 big blinds, they play the flop turn and river.

Ok so bad players don't accumulate a lot of chips, so how do they win then? What total stupidity is this? You are aware it is the player with all the chips at the end who is the winner? :roll:

Angie this is so totally ridiculous, you really have zero clue. You wont look at any training as your brain wont allow it that is fine, yet you think you know about high level poker? You seriously have no idea, and never will.

I mean wtf is good players ITM 15-20%, but better players even less. Then they are NOT better players, it is just the most stupid comment ever.

ladymucky
Posts: 229
Joined: October 21st, 2019, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35239Post ladymucky
December 4th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Rivher wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 4:39 pm
ladymucky wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 4:27 pm
richlizard wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 10:15 am





Eh? Image
I get why Simon wouldn't understand but TBH quite surprised at you.

The short answer is - style of play.

Good players cash only 15 to 20% of large field tournaments -Better players maybe even less.

To win big you have to UNDERSTAND busting out is part of the game.

Good players will accumulate a lot of chips to win the tournament ... with that comes more risk ... so this makes the best players favourites to bust more often. But the long game is that in these risks comes the much larger payouts many times their buy-in and covers the tournaments they don't cash in.

.
No there is a lot less risk with a big stack, you can make moves and not go broke on one hand. Best players do not go all in preflop with 50 big blinds, they play the flop turn and river.

Ok so bad players don't accumulate a lot of chips, so how do they win then? What total stupidity is this? You are aware it is the player with all the chips at the end who is the winner? :roll:

Angie this is so totally ridiculous, you really have zero clue. You wont look at any training as your brain wont allow it that is fine, yet you think you know about high level poker? You seriously have no idea, and never will.

I mean wtf is good players ITM 15-20%, but better players even less. Then they are NOT better players, it is just the most stupid comment ever.
The question was bust out more often. And yes players are ITM in large-field tournaments 15 to 20% of the time.

Again you cover your argument by sayings I am a crap player even though you don't see me play.

Keep offending me doesn't make you better Simon nor does it make me worse.

Heres what I glean from you ..,..

You bring a John Little video to prove me wrong,,, he goes on to prove YOU wrong. Then when you realise he has proved you wrong you go on to say he must be off his nut. Then you go on to send links to loads of his stuff here.

I don't get it, I don't. If you can only listen to him when it suits you then why try to sell him to others?

You also say you have 2 more years studying to do before you can be a proper player, so what gives you the right to judge others play? And do you think the poker world will wait two years for you to catch up?

You say I don't listen, I do. Maybe you should try it.

I have way more respect for Lizard here, he asked the question and I gave my answer. He didn't go on to attack me. Whether he agrees with me or not, a least he will take the time to consider it. Not just dive in for the sake of it. He is prepared to listen (on poker anyway) and that's why he is the player he is.

Poker coaching is not there to suit your agenda. It isn't the bible, you cant pick out the bits that suit you. When it suits you.

Rivher
Posts: 2038
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 4:36 am
Location: Yappsville
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35241Post Rivher
December 4th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Angie you have possibly made the most stupid quote ever relating to poker.

Lizard can't be bothered as telling you anything is impossible ever.

For once realise it is the most idiotic thing you have ever said.

The better players lose more often? :help:

There is not one person in the world who will ever agree with this ridiculous statement. Find me one? Hell someone on here please support here, form a queue please?

Mucky you have won 0 tournaments in your career right? Nothing never not one? If I am wrong what and when? These are facts.

You cash maybe one in ten yes (I'm being generous), when you play alone? Is that right? You had one decent cash 4 and a half years ago right? And your last cash was 2 and a half years ago?

Why are you so totally deluded about this?

Slag me off all you like, everyone knows I am a much better player than you, just look at results. But I am not good enough yet by a long way to win big, unless I smash the deck in the face, but that is unlikely. You though who has never ever listened to any poker advice or teachings, know it all? But you do not know much, that is not me slating you it is true.

Why can you never ever agree with anyone ever about anything?

This is the most stupid statement of the forum ever, yet you are defending it still.

I know you can't train you explained that so that is fine, but stop deluding yourself you are good, you can't be, there is too many good players who study the game now.

No offence you do not even know the basics as far as I can tell? :bang:

I do not wish to keep picking on you, but you court it with your arguing replies about the most stupid comment ever, only you think the better players lose more! Its hilariously stupid Angie. :roll:

I didn't realise how (Jonathan) little I knew until I started taking a look at what is out there.

Rivher
Posts: 2038
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 4:36 am
Location: Yappsville
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35244Post Rivher
December 4th, 2019, 9:51 pm

ladymucky wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 7:23 pm
Rivher wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 4:39 pm
ladymucky wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 4:27 pm


I get why Simon wouldn't understand but TBH quite surprised at you.

The short answer is - style of play.

Good players cash only 15 to 20% of large field tournaments -Better players maybe even less.

To win big you have to UNDERSTAND busting out is part of the game.

Good players will accumulate a lot of chips to win the tournament ... with that comes more risk ... so this makes the best players favourites to bust more often. But the long game is that in these risks comes the much larger payouts many times their buy-in and covers the tournaments they don't cash in.

.
No there is a lot less risk with a big stack, you can make moves and not go broke on one hand. Best players do not go all in preflop with 50 big blinds, they play the flop turn and river.

Ok so bad players don't accumulate a lot of chips, so how do they win then? What total stupidity is this? You are aware it is the player with all the chips at the end who is the winner? :roll:

Angie this is so totally ridiculous, you really have zero clue. You wont look at any training as your brain wont allow it that is fine, yet you think you know about high level poker? You seriously have no idea, and never will.

I mean wtf is good players ITM 15-20%, but better players even less. Then they are NOT better players, it is just the most stupid comment ever.
The question was bust out more often. And yes players are ITM in large-field tournaments 15 to 20% of the time.

Again you cover your argument by sayings I am a crap player even though you don't see me play.

Keep offending me doesn't make you better Simon nor does it make me worse.

Heres what I glean from you ..,..

You bring a John Little video to prove me wrong,,, he goes on to prove YOU wrong. Then when you realise he has proved you wrong you go on to say he must be off his nut. Then you go on to send links to loads of his stuff here.

I don't get it, I don't. If you can only listen to him when it suits you then why try to sell him to others?

You also say you have 2 more years studying to do before you can be a proper player, so what gives you the right to judge others play? And do you think the poker world will wait two years for you to catch up?

You say I don't listen, I do. Maybe you should try it.

I have way more respect for Lizard here, he asked the question and I gave my answer. He didn't go on to attack me. Whether he agrees with me or not, a least he will take the time to consider it. Not just dive in for the sake of it. He is prepared to listen (on poker anyway) and that's why he is the player he is.

Poker coaching is not there to suit your agenda. It isn't the bible, you cant pick out the bits that suit you. When it suits you.
Jonathan Little hasn't said shit about this exact hand as he hasn't received it.

But I think I can get him to review it possibly, can ask!

If it can be exported to a player I will ask him if he can?

I have never once said Jonathan Little is off his nut ever. He is a very knowledgeable $8 million winner of poker tournaments, and a good teacher, who I rate very highly.

And you think Lizard listens to you about poker? :roll:

Rivher
Posts: 2038
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 4:36 am
Location: Yappsville
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35245Post Rivher
December 4th, 2019, 9:56 pm

I can admit I am average at best at poker.

What is wrong with being honest about your abilities?

But you won nothing because the best players lose more often right? That's how good you are, you lose almost every time, you're world class! :D

silverfox46
Posts: 692
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35248Post silverfox46
December 4th, 2019, 10:34 pm

online and live are so different, although similar principles apply, i believe online generates more excitement for the weaker players, which equates to more revenue for the operators.There appears to be a dispro
portionate amount of drawing hands ie. str8+ flushes, when compared to live play. This in my opinion has changed the game dramatically in recent years. You can play live all night and not see many of either,where as online it seems to happen more frequently, if that's the case not all can make the transition to live play successfully expecting their draws to hit like online.
Last edited by silverfox46 on December 5th, 2019, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ladymucky
Posts: 229
Joined: October 21st, 2019, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35251Post ladymucky
December 4th, 2019, 10:57 pm

silverfox46 wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 10:34 pm
online and live are so different, although similar principles apply, i believe online generates more excitement for the weaker players, which equates to more revenue for the operators.There appears to be a disspreportionate amount of drawing hands ie. str8+ flushes, when compared to live play. This in my opinion has changed the game dramatically in recent years. You can play live all night and not see many of either,where as online it seems to happen more frequently, if that's the case not all can make the transition to live play successfully expecting their draws to hit like online.
No idea of the relevance here. But disproportionate is all in the time it takes live v the online bah fucking blah. whole other convo and been done to death.

silverfox46
Posts: 692
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35252Post silverfox46
December 4th, 2019, 11:03 pm

ladymucky wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 10:57 pm
silverfox46 wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 10:34 pm
online and live are so different, although similar principles apply, i believe online generates more excitement for the weaker players, which equates to more revenue for the operators.There appears to be a disproportionate amount of drawing hands ie. str8+ flushes, when compared to live play. This in my opinion has changed the game dramatically in recent years. You can play live all night and not see many of either,where as online it seems to happen more frequently, if that's the case not all can make the transition to live play successfully expecting their draws to hit like online.
No idea of the relevance here. But disproportionate is all in the time it takes live v the online bah fucking blah. whole other convo and been done to death.

ladymucky
Posts: 229
Joined: October 21st, 2019, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35253Post ladymucky
December 4th, 2019, 11:13 pm

Rivher wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 9:36 pm
Angie you have possibly made the most stupid quote ever relating to poker.

Lizard can't be bothered as telling you anything is impossible ever.

For once realise it is the most idiotic thing you have ever said.

The better players lose more often? :help:

There is not one person in the world who will ever agree with this ridiculous statement. Find me one? Hell someone on here please support here, form a queue please?

Mucky you have won 0 tournaments in your career right? Nothing never not one? If I am wrong what and when? These are facts.

You cash maybe one in ten yes (I'm being generous), when you play alone? Is that right? You had one decent cash 4 and a half years ago right? And your last cash was 2 and a half years ago?

Why are you so totally deluded about this?

Slag me off all you like, everyone knows I am a much better player than you, just look at results. But I am not good enough yet by a long way to win big, unless I smash the deck in the face, but that is unlikely. You though who has never ever listened to any poker advice or teachings, know it all? But you do not know much, that is not me slating you it is true.

Why can you never ever agree with anyone ever about anything?

This is the most stupid statement of the forum ever, yet you are defending it still.

I know you can't train you explained that so that is fine, but stop deluding yourself you are good, you can't be, there is too many good players who study the game now.

No offence you do not even know the basics as far as I can tell? :bang:

I do not wish to keep picking on you, but you court it with your arguing replies about the most stupid comment ever, only you think the better players lose more! Its hilariously stupid Angie. :roll:

I didn't realise how (Jonathan) little I knew until I started taking a look at what is out there.

You sir are an idiot .. and we will leave it at that.

And can I ask why you feel the need to keep speaking for Lizard? Has he become mentally challenged lately? He can't speak for himself?

My tolerance and respect are harder to gain than lose. I am about there.

Listening to me about poker isn't about my play but about the FACT that the better player will bust more often than Joe Bloggs. BUT OVERALL WIN MORE MONEY !!!!!!! You sir prove nothing more than you are Joe Bloggs .. concentrating on staying in rather than winning, trying to play to lose less rather than win more. Just play basic maths like the old school and you will just remain the plain knitted jumper.

THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR YOUR BRAIN TO UNDERSTAND .. and again it will be for others too. I get that .... BUT DONT FUCKING CALL BE STUPID because you can't fucking comprehend it.


Topic closed.

Rivher
Posts: 2038
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 4:36 am
Location: Yappsville
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35261Post Rivher
December 5th, 2019, 2:24 am

Whose be?

And why is he stupid?

:hide:

ladymucky
Posts: 229
Joined: October 21st, 2019, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35262Post ladymucky
December 5th, 2019, 3:11 am

Rivher wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 2:24 am
Whose be?

And why is he stupid?

:hide:
Strangely enough I have been sneezing all night, blocked nose and tickly cough. So my ‘me’ sounds like ‘be’ :lol:


PS

It’s not whose, it’s who’s.

Stupid.

:hide:

ladymucky
Posts: 229
Joined: October 21st, 2019, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35263Post ladymucky
December 5th, 2019, 3:46 am

Oh doh! I was little slow on the uptake.

If lizard is telling you he can’t be bothered, then nor can I.

Enough said.


bilthebandit
Posts: 2322
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35269Post bilthebandit
December 5th, 2019, 9:46 am

Is Mucky grooming Lizard and Rivher abusing him or the other way round either way leave the poor chap alone he is mesmerized atm with his poker quiz question and is currently seeking counselling from Budda to overcome the trauma you two put him through!!!!!

On the poker side Simon ofc spouting shite to outdo our own Madmuckys muses.

Simple fact is you are both incorrect and both right in aspects of your ITM deliberations,the live or online comment making a difference as pointed out by a onlooker also plays a big factor here.

Think you will find in most types of NL games SOME of the very top players may well have lowish ITM figures due to a high variance style that they play well others have a tighter style and do equally as well via a different method and have a higher ITM count but gtee one thing none of em give a flying fuk if they are ITM %50 or %5 so long as the top line makes nice reading.

More important stats are getting top 3 when hitting FT then converting top 3 to a win these are the make or break percentages.

Rivher
Posts: 2038
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 4:36 am
Location: Yappsville
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35273Post Rivher
December 5th, 2019, 11:44 am

bilthebandit wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:46 am
Is Mucky grooming Lizard and Rivher abusing him or the other way round either way leave the poor chap alone he is mesmerized atm with his poker quiz question and is currently seeking counselling from Budda to overcome the trauma you two put him through!!!!!

On the poker side Simon ofc spouting shite to outdo our own Madmuckys muses.

Simple fact is you are both incorrect and both right in aspects of your ITM deliberations,the live or online comment making a difference as pointed out by a onlooker also plays a big factor here.

Think you will find in most types of NL games SOME of the very top players may well have lowish ITM figures due to a high variance style that they play well others have a tighter style and do equally as well via a different method and have a higher ITM count but gtee one thing none of em give a flying fuk if they are ITM %50 or %5 so long as the top line makes nice reading.

More important stats are getting top 3 when hitting FT then converting top 3 to a win these are the make or break percentages.
The difference I think is they play to win not just to cash.

When I chopped the deepstack I didn't give a shit about cashing and probably stole loads of chips on the bubble as I had a stack.

Nutkins I am not sure if you are agreeing with Mucky, the best players lose more often is what she said, if you agree with that you are an idiot too.

It is just fucking so stupid, if it is true why isn't Mucky winning millions and Phil Ivey last cashed 3 years ago? :help:

bilthebandit
Posts: 2322
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35276Post bilthebandit
December 5th, 2019, 1:16 pm

Hmm having problems with your ABCs again Riv and glad you agree with Mucky that better players go busto coz they don't give a stuff about min cashing she just worded it badly but I think you know that and are just being argumentative which I find so out of character for you haha.

Rivher
Posts: 2038
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 4:36 am
Location: Yappsville
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35278Post Rivher
December 5th, 2019, 1:20 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:16 pm
Hmm having problems with your ABCs again Riv and glad you agree with Mucky that better players go busto coz they don't give a stuff about min cashing she just worded it badly but I think you know that and are just being argumentative which I find so out of character for you haha.
It's more a case of detecting who is min cashing and raising there blinds, before the other savvy fucker on the table with the big stack does! :clap:

The day Ladymuck agrees with anyone on anything is the day I win the lottery, same odds! :help:

Nothing I not told her to her face at the weekend.

She doesn't get quite so animated in real life, sits there like a good girl and listens. :hide:

ladymucky
Posts: 229
Joined: October 21st, 2019, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35279Post ladymucky
December 5th, 2019, 1:22 pm

So not well today ... I haven’t the energy.

You sort him out MrBandit.

I think I caught this off him anyway the annoying cauliflower.

ladymucky
Posts: 229
Joined: October 21st, 2019, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35282Post ladymucky
December 5th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Rivher wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:20 pm
bilthebandit wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:16 pm
Hmm having problems with your ABCs again Riv and glad you agree with Mucky that better players go busto coz they don't give a stuff about min cashing she just worded it badly but I think you know that and are just being argumentative which I find so out of character for you haha.
It's more a case of detecting who is min cashing and raising there blinds, before the other savvy fucker on the table with the big stack does! :clap:

The day Ladymuck agrees with anyone on anything is the day I win the lottery, same odds! :help:

Nothing I not told her to her face at the weekend.

She doesn't get quite so animated in real life, sits there like a good girl and listens. :hide:
Do I fuck. The only time I sit still, is when I’m pretending to listen ... it shuts you the fuck up a lot quicker and gets you to the bar.

It’s like ... “yes dear yes, I hear you, now it’s your round, good boy”.

Works every time :hide:

Rivher
Posts: 2038
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 4:36 am
Location: Yappsville
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35284Post Rivher
December 5th, 2019, 1:29 pm

ladymucky wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:26 pm
Rivher wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:20 pm
bilthebandit wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:16 pm
Hmm having problems with your ABCs again Riv and glad you agree with Mucky that better players go busto coz they don't give a stuff about min cashing she just worded it badly but I think you know that and are just being argumentative which I find so out of character for you haha.
It's more a case of detecting who is min cashing and raising there blinds, before the other savvy fucker on the table with the big stack does! :clap:

The day Ladymuck agrees with anyone on anything is the day I win the lottery, same odds! :help:

Nothing I not told her to her face at the weekend.

She doesn't get quite so animated in real life, sits there like a good girl and listens. :hide:
Do I fuck. The only time I sit still, is when I’m pretending to listen ... it shuts you the fuck up a lot quicker and gets you to the bar.

It’s like ... “yes dear yes, I hear you, now it’s your round, good boy”.

Works every time :hide:
Ok so I call you a boy, you seem to enjoy it?

ladymucky
Posts: 229
Joined: October 21st, 2019, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35287Post ladymucky
December 5th, 2019, 1:34 pm

Rivher wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:29 pm
ladymucky wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:26 pm
Rivher wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:20 pm


It's more a case of detecting who is min cashing and raising there blinds, before the other savvy fucker on the table with the big stack does! :clap:

The day Ladymuck agrees with anyone on anything is the day I win the lottery, same odds! :help:

Nothing I not told her to her face at the weekend.

She doesn't get quite so animated in real life, sits there like a good girl and listens. :hide:
Do I fuck. The only time I sit still, is when I’m pretending to listen ... it shuts you the fuck up a lot quicker and gets you to the bar.

It’s like ... “yes dear yes, I hear you, now it’s your round, good boy”.

Works every time :hide:
Ok so I call you a boy, you seem to enjoy it?
You called me boy?

Now it all makes sense why you were offering me sweeties.

Rivher
Posts: 2038
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 4:36 am
Location: Yappsville
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35302Post Rivher
December 5th, 2019, 4:15 pm

ladymucky wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:34 pm
Rivher wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:29 pm
ladymucky wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:26 pm


Do I fuck. The only time I sit still, is when I’m pretending to listen ... it shuts you the fuck up a lot quicker and gets you to the bar.

It’s like ... “yes dear yes, I hear you, now it’s your round, good boy”.

Works every time :hide:
Ok so I call you a boy, you seem to enjoy it?
You called me boy?

Now it all makes sense why you were offering me sweeties.
Yeah cyanide, sweeties same thing!

ladymucky
Posts: 229
Joined: October 21st, 2019, 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: The Counties Championships Reporting Thread..

Post: # 35315Post ladymucky
December 5th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Rivher wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 4:15 pm
ladymucky wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:34 pm
Rivher wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:29 pm


Ok so I call you a boy, you seem to enjoy it?
You called me boy?

Now it all makes sense why you were offering me sweeties.
Yeah cyanide, sweeties same thing!
Cyanide? You trying to say you don’t really love me? :cry: :o

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests