The Big Fight

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
richlizard

The Big Fight

September 3rd, 2019, 5:32 pm

Khabib or Sydney Poirier?

Marky147

Re: The Big Fight

September 3rd, 2019, 5:58 pm

Poirier has been a different animal at 155, but Khabib just mauls everyone.

Hard to see past Khalabeeb, unless Dustin can avoid being dragged to the ground.

Dustin's boxing is top drawer, and he's got plenty of snap, but if Nurmagomedov can do his thing, it'll be business as usual.

Rivher

September 4th, 2019, 4:43 am

Yeah I second what Marky says, he is an animal on the deck, you just need to deck him first!

McGregor couldn't do it and he has many spectacular knock outs, and just look at Diaz boat after 5 rounds of being punched in the face?

I really want to see Tony Ferguson and Max Holloway go at it.

Two fucking lunatics who love a war, that for me is the biggest fight out there!

In an ideal world, bring back McGregor to fight Khabib again so he can be retired if he loses, or if he can avenge the loss with a great win like he thinks he can, that would be a great to watch.

I just hope McGregor can try and be a little more humble? Since whacking some old boy who hardly moved from his stool for not wanting his Whisky, his stock has flown down, even by the irish who used to love him. That was very wrong, and was glad to see his latest interview admitting how out of order and stupid and bad it was. We all make mistakes, just not in the public eye and that will cost a few million in compo! To be fair he just looked like an idiot who couldn't knock an old boy off his stool. :o But he got serious issues to do that, and thinks everyone should bow to him I guess? If he can get back to doing what he does best, fighting in a cage, but tone it down with the mouth, and let his fighting skills do the talking, he can rule again.

Then the winner fights Holloway or Ferguson.......

I would love to see McGregor fight the above two also, so that would be my ideal scenario, over another fight with Diaz for example!

richlizard

September 8th, 2019, 10:07 pm

All a tad one-sided wasn't it.

Sure Khabib is different gravy, but fuck me it's boring to watch. Yes I know he won't give a fuck on my thoughts.

Marky147

September 8th, 2019, 11:07 pm

Boring for those who just drop in to watch main events of massive cards and want to see people get ironed out :lol: :lol:

Like a chess match, and it's fascinating watching him work people, no matter what approach they take to neutralising it.

bilthebandit

September 9th, 2019, 12:29 am

Seem to remember the Thriller in Manila was a "boring" fight till one got ironed out!!!!!

Rivher

September 9th, 2019, 2:10 am

Marky147 wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 11:07 pm
Boring for those who just drop in to watch main events of massive cards and want to see people get ironed out :lol: :lol:

Like a chess match, and it's fascinating watching him work people, no matter what approach they take to neutralising it.
Totally agree, nothing boring about it at all!

So it looks like it might be Ferguson v Khabib next, hope so. :angel: