Football epl

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Theadder4

Football epl

August 16th, 2019, 9:20 am

Was watching the europa super cup the other night liverpool v chelsea.
The comentators were saying its not right playing it at that time on a wednesday when liverpool had a league game on the saturday,they were slso moaning about extra time.
Basically they were saying its a two bob cup compared to the epl.
Arrogant cauliflowers i was thinking. the epl should have changed their fixture dates
To fit in with the super cup,not the other way around.
Its the same with the europa league or the fa cup or league cups epl teams show them no respect,all that matters to them is finishing 18th or above in the epl they dont give a fuck about winning anything. sad what its come to.
give it another few years and teams will prob be playing some if their epl home games abroad to sell the brand and try to get more money in.

Theadder4

Re: Football epl

August 16th, 2019, 11:27 am

On other football.
Next year ,ladbrokes stopping their £2million a year sponsorhip of scotish footbal,their reason is...their sponsorship might encourage gambling.
Bollox...ladbrokes are finished as high st bookies (or whoever owns them now) most of their shops in the glasgow area are closing down,the ones still open are in a state (toilets out of order for months etc) understaffed and the staff working there without any training, on a saturday you might get 5 or six punters standing in their shops,rest of the week they lucky if they get 2.
Only thing that was keeping them going was the machines,now they dont have them (at the same levels) they have thrown in the towel.

T8MML

Re: Football epl

August 16th, 2019, 2:19 pm

The money now in the EPL is massive and that will always ensure it ranks over everything else and only rivalled by the CL. It shouldn’t be like that but that’s the way it is. My question is who decided it should be played in Turkey and in August?

As for Ladbrokes they’ve been on a downhill slope for at least ten years. I worked there in the late 70’s and there manager/settler training was the best. All the others, Hills, Coral’s, Mecca and other small chains used to poach from them constantly. Now, they are clowns behind the counter and need a computer to work out a fiver at 2/1.

Sponsorship of the SPL should be safe as I hear Weatherspoons are keen on sponsoring a pub league;)

Btw we’ve lent you a top guy in Andy King!