Kuchar tighter than a Rabbi's bacon sandwich?

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Rivher

Kuchar tighter than a Rabbi's bacon sandwich?

February 13th, 2019, 12:16 am

What a miserly skinflint! Won approx $1.2million and paid his stand in caddie just $5000! Bearing in mind that is less than 0.5% of his prize money and the norm is 10% or lowest 5%, how more scrooge like can he get?

Then when he upped it to $15k still pathetic, the Mexcian told him jog on, good on him!

This guy is already a multi millionaire, who thinks this stinks? And I forecast he wont win much for long once the ol' Karma train kicks in! Let's hope anyway!

bilthebandit

Re: Kuchar tighter than a Rabbi's bacon sandwich?

February 13th, 2019, 3:37 am

Goto agree caddies do a vital job and often the difference between a big tourney result and having an early bath.

Obv theres lots of dif deals and %%%%s and he may still have been obligated to paying his usual man his 5 or 10% and not having read the story yet cant make a complete assessment ie was he a pro caddie or just a guy from the crowd type of thing.

Deffo looks tight fisted from what you say tho.

Theadder4

February 13th, 2019, 8:55 am

Think a lot of caddies get a choice,they can either get a decent % of prize money,or a small % of prize money and a salary. (The caddies with the top pros ,ime talking about)

LittleMate

February 13th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Presumably $5k was the agreement. If the fella went to work without one then he's the mug. If he'd missed the cut then Kuchar would have been $5k down. If it was done on a handshake then Kuchar is a wrong 'un.

Find it hard to have any sympathy with the caddie - and Kuchar is a mug for offering a paltry increased sum.

T8MML

February 13th, 2019, 6:22 pm

I’d love to get 5k for carrying a bag round on a nice sunny day - I do it here everytime we do the shopping!

bilthebandit

February 13th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Well read a couple of pieces on it and tbh reckon hes a wanker tbh.

Lets start with "etiquette" and honesty, vital and traditional in this game and fall foul of it and it will be long remembered seems like Matt falls short on both here with the help of his management also.

Caddies says he was offered about 2.5k + bonuses which seems reasonable and just a tad over what he would get for his usual caddying fee b4 the bonus ofc.

Kuchar regular bagman on holiday so its not like hes responsible to pay him via a injury or illness ect which often occurs on tour.

2 month later it comes to light due to a comment mentioned by a pundit and golf media sniffed out the story.

1.3 mil payout usually 130k to reg caddie deal dependent but the general rule so offering him 5k in a envelope was rightly seen as an insult and to me a bonus of 40k to 65k should have been the honourable result prob nearer the 40.

Shameful.

Rivher

February 14th, 2019, 8:01 pm

Kuchar is only worth $43million.

I just don't get why you would be so tight when you got more money than you ever need.

Martin I don't think any cabbie at all has a contract. It is done on a gentlemans agreement?

I mean the guy is a local caddie, and knows the course like the back of his hand? To say he didn't help him as not a 'pro caddie' is ridiculous.

I just wonder how he can sleep at night in his Mansion and doing some regular guy up the gary to whom 100k would change his entire life.

Theadder4

February 14th, 2019, 10:33 pm

If he normally pays 10% to his caddie, he should have given the guy 100k
And given his normal caddie who was on holiday 30k,that way everyones happy,and its not cost him any more than normal.especially if he is already a multi millionair.

bilthebandit

February 14th, 2019, 10:36 pm

Think a lot of caddies prob have a contract but your right about the guy being local "knowing the course" reg caddies often play or walk courses with local ones to gain their knowledge and common practise to "buy" info, yardages pin positions and breaks on the greens ect from these same local caddies.

Deffo right with last sentence but cudda shortened it to just "wanker"!!!!