Glen Durrant

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Rivher

Glen Durrant

January 13th, 2019, 8:10 pm

Would like to see him move over to the PDC, as I think he is actually a top 10 PDC player on that level.

Who agrees?

He clearly is heads and tails better than the BDO mob, and I think he would fair ok against the PDC big boys.

As in top 10 and Premier League he would be mid table and give everyone a decent game?

Last 'superstar' from the BDO Stephen Bunting got a rude awakening which I think affected his confidence, but I think Durrant is made of stronger stuff and is actually good enough to do reasonably well?

Phinnies

Re: Glen Durrant

January 14th, 2019, 10:11 am

Why would he?

A nailed on world title and a cheque for 100k or struggle in the PDC.
Maybe top ten but he won’t win a title. Guess it depends what your priorities are, Wolfie Adams stayed there, made a good living and now has a career as a pundit. Wouldn’t have got that with PDC.

_JC_

January 14th, 2019, 10:14 am

He has a decent overall average of about 97, but only over a few games, not his fault BDO hardly have any competitions. He is at PDC Q School this week, no reason to think he won't win his tour card though. He will have to maintain that average if he is to do any good. Bunting is averaging 93 and currently 17th on the Order of Merit

_JC_

January 14th, 2019, 11:13 am

Wolfie has earned around £30K a year when playing, Durrant around £74k a year but that includes where the PDC let BDO players join in.

PDC Michael Smith has made around £200k a year and even Robert Thornton has made about £130k a year

With the BDO prize money being crap ther PDC prize money this year is £14M if you managed to qualify for each tournament and get knocked out in the first round of each game you would still be £95k better off