Brexit

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
T8MML

Re: Brexit

January 21st, 2019, 3:51 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
January 21st, 2019, 3:08 pm
Only 20 min to go b4 our fearless,ethical,moral,honest and ofc strong and stable leader stands up setting out her agenda for Brexit no doubt this will be well received by all !!!!!
JC is the only one who this will be a surprise for. Well him and Abbott but at least they can comfort each other

bilthebandit

January 21st, 2019, 6:04 pm

Might be a surprise for me I dozed off and forgot about it haha must get on google quick!!!!

Theadder4

January 22nd, 2019, 6:11 pm

Blair popping up a few times on tv today,talking about brexit,must be money involved.

tankbuster1

January 22nd, 2019, 6:45 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
January 22nd, 2019, 6:11 pm
Blair popping up a few times on tv today,talking about brexit,must be money involved.
Was he being interviewed from Davos ?

Theadder4

January 22nd, 2019, 7:11 pm

Yep he was tank.

T8MML

January 22nd, 2019, 7:14 pm

Brexit supporter Sir James Dyson to move head office and tax commitments to Singapore. I hope the pos gets his cock stuck testing his suction machine!!

tankbuster1

January 22nd, 2019, 7:51 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
January 22nd, 2019, 7:11 pm
Yep he was tank.
Why the fk am i not surprised and people still think we have some sort of choice in our direction. Fking sociopath War Criminals telling us what to do and the Media letting him ,thats if you can call it Media

tankbuster1

January 22nd, 2019, 7:59 pm

T8MML wrote:
January 22nd, 2019, 7:14 pm
Brexit supporter Sir James Dyson to move head office and tax commitments to Singapore. I hope the pos gets his cock stuck testing his suction machine!!
Dyson the definition of a Coward

bilthebandit

January 22nd, 2019, 9:16 pm

Damn right m8 Dyson should be in Nurumberg for ethic cleansing of carpets!!!!

Theadder4

January 29th, 2019, 9:47 am

Brexit vote today (again)
If NO DEAL is so bad for the UK and EU why are the EU willing to go down that road ,by insisting there will be no more negoiations ?
Maybe they are risking it because they know it wont happen so they dont need to renegoiate.
And why do they know we wont leave with no deal? Because we are telling them we wont ffs.
In fact theres a chance we will pass an amendment today saying we will not leave with no deal :bang:
EU must be loving it.

Theadder4

January 29th, 2019, 10:16 am

I think we should tell the EU (today) that the deal on the table is not acceptable,so we will be leaving with no deal,
Put the ball in their court,and see what they come back to us with.
The way it is just now,is we are wasting time voting for this or that amendment to the deal on the table,when the EU have already told us they wont be renegoiating on it,so whats the point.

Theadder4

January 29th, 2019, 10:20 am

Imagine going to buy a house,and telling the seller,no matter what the cost,ime not leaving here today without buying this house,
Think they would give you a good cheap/fair price on it ?

bilthebandit

January 29th, 2019, 10:45 am

Reckon Dougie should be our negotiator!!!! so long as he takes his lucky cup with him haha.

PS I agree with ya here.

T8MML

January 29th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 10:20 am
Imagine going to buy a house,and telling the seller,no matter what the cost,ime not leaving here today without buying this house,
Think they would give you a good cheap/fair price on it ?
Couldn’t agree more Dougie but if your missus is stood behind you saying something different your negotiation position is bollaxed

Garethherb

January 29th, 2019, 10:40 pm

Singapore signed a free trade deal with EU last October. He ain't silly

Garethherb

January 29th, 2019, 10:56 pm

I think we should tell the EU (today) that the deal on the table is not acceptable,so we will be leaving with no deal,
Put the ball in their court,and see what they come back to us with.
The way it is just now,is we are wasting time voting for this or that amendment to the deal on the table,when the EU have already told us they wont be renegoiating on it,so whats the point.
Theresa May signed off on an agreement in Dec 2017 with EU (phase 1) That stated there would be no hard border on the island of Ireland.

Good Friday agreement states there can be no change to the border without the consent of the people of Northern Ireland. Can you imagine a NI referendum on a United Ireland?

If we were to leave with no deal then that's 2 international agreements we have broken. Also breaking up the position the leader of the UK negotiated with EU in phase 2.

I posted in December she would eventually get her deal through because of realpolitik. Question now is how much do the EU move? Will it be enough? Will it be at all as they have a binding agreement from phase 1 that there will be no border.

Still a long way to go before anyone knows

Theadder4

January 30th, 2019, 10:44 am

An mp came out and said (yesterday) if we leave with a no deal,there will be shops/supermarkets with empty shelves all over the UK ,like the types we see on the news from third world/countries at war/countries in collapse.
I would like to bet every penny i had ,on that being a load of shite....wanker
Last edited by Theadder4 on January 30th, 2019, 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Theadder4

January 30th, 2019, 10:53 am

At least six other countries want a referendum on staying in the EU or not.
Its in the EU best interests to tie the UK up for years in further negoiations after we leave (so we cant get on with things) so as to make them think twice about leaving.

bilthebandit

January 30th, 2019, 11:09 am

As Mr Herb says its baffling and contractionary with effectively breaking the law or agreements if we do something and likewise if we dont strong and stable eh ROFL at the bunch of clowns.

The food shortage ofc your correct Dougie just more bullshine from these lying wankers sure the odd item may be scarce or much more expensive but do the frogs want to sell us food or wine????? damn sure Australia does and many more.

caaaant

January 30th, 2019, 2:03 pm

All countries will still sell to us, no-deal will mean higher prices due to WTO tariffs.
I don't think the food on shelves is a problem because suddenly no one wants to sell us Rioja. It's more to do with perishable goods like fruit and vegetables which we tend to import more during winter and spring while ours are out of season. The delays at entry and exit points between the UK and EU will be long and arduous for freight companies. We could just not check documents and allow anything through, but then this leaves us open to a massive increase in illegal immigrants and open to lower food standards. It'll be a mess. So we need to check goods coming in, no real change there on our side, but you can bet there will be on the EU side. The real delays at borders for goods in or out will be due to more bureaucracy, extra paperwork will mean big delays. Don't believe me? We have vast experience of it here in Gib. We are a a nation of 30,000. We import everything, most over land via our hard border, the same kind of border that the UK will get if we crash out. We have days of delays. Now imagine the higher volume coming into the UK...it'll be a mess. We also suffer queues of up to 8 hours in the evenings getting out into Spain if and when the Spanish decide to stick to the rule book and check every document of every person entering/ exiting the Schengen area from a non-schengen state. In general they do not stick to this rule, sometimes there's not a border guard there at all and you waltz through. But none-the-less, when they do carry out checks as required by the schengen law, it's again a bloody mess. Which I am sure you'll all experience in one way or another soon. Don't moan, they are only doing what brexiters voted for, protecting their borders and immigration policy, checks which we have the right to implement to EU nationals entering the UK now, which by the way we have already have the right to use an EU member but are not implemented by the UK gov...strong and stable indeed :-)

Think Monsieur Herb has it spot on...

caaaant

January 30th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 10:53 am
At least six other countries want a referendum on staying in the EU or not.
Its in the EU best interests to tie the UK up for years in further negoiations after we leave (so we cant get on with things) so as to make them think twice about leaving.
Don't think there's any majority in any other EU state looking to exit.
Yes, lots of issues in countries, but they are mostly directed at the sovereign governments rather than the EU.

Something maybe we should be doing when we blame the EU for our ills, rather than those who govern us directly.
Could you imagine the French standing for the shit this Tory gov have done?

bilthebandit

January 30th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Careful Rich we have some staunch conservatives here with Tank Rivher and Tim!!!!!

T8MML

January 30th, 2019, 3:13 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 2:21 pm
Careful Rich we have some staunch conservatives here with Tank Rivher and Tim!!!!!
:roll:

Garethherb

January 30th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Shops being empty or not is dependant on trucks rolling through dover and the tunnel. Approx 5000 everyday in both directions i have heard. WTO has rules regarding customs checks and the such but I don't know them. I have heard reports from up to us to decide our own policy to each manifesto needs checking. The trucks that roll though EU from Serbia and Turkey can take hours to clear customs at present time.

Also depends on Calais making checks in timely fashion. If the trucks can't get out of Calais docks, they can't reload and return.

Also, at present the UK passport checks take place on French ground in Calais. I wonder what international law says about such an arrangement if we don't have regulatory alignment and no Cu/SM. If that disappears, then you can bet we will be doing thorough checks on every truck.

Still a long way before know where this will end.

Garethherb

January 30th, 2019, 4:08 pm

I have difficulty believing any other country in the EU will have a referendum until they see where we end up. Even if it takes another decade or so to get Eu trade deal and those around the world sorted.

Would be a hell of a gamble when you will find out with UK taking the risk

Theadder4

January 30th, 2019, 4:52 pm

At the next general election,would any of you go out and vote for any of these parties ?
At the moment i dont think i could bring myself to. Though that will be playing into their hands,the less people who go out to vote the better for them.
Last edited by Theadder4 on January 30th, 2019, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marky147

January 30th, 2019, 4:53 pm

I'd vote for the one that cancelled Brexit :hide:

caaaant

January 30th, 2019, 4:53 pm

Gibraltar government ready...shame Westminster can't get their act together

EUROPEAN UNION (WITHDRAWAL) BILL

The European Union (Withdrawal) Bill is currently being debated in the Gibraltar Parliament, introduced at length by Deputy Chief Minister Dr Joseph Garcia. Here's a summary of what it means:

The European Union (Withdrawal) Bill follows the approach of the United Kingdom’s EU (Withdrawal) Act. It provides the legal cover for an organised departure from the European Union. It will also provide legal cover for a no deal Brexit.

It repeals our European Communities Act on the day the United Kingdom and Gibraltar leave the European Union. It ends the supremacy of European Union (EU) law in Gibraltar and converts EU law as it stands at the moment of exit into domestic Gibraltar legislation.

It also creates the power to make subsidiary legislation to enable corrections to be made to those laws that would otherwise no longer operate appropriately once we leave the European Union. This will allow our domestic legal system to continue to function correctly outside the EU.

The Bill performs three main functions-

• It repeals the European Communities Act;
• It converts EU law as it stands at the moment of exit into domestic law before the UK leaves the EU; and
• And it creates powers to make subsidiary legislation to enable corrections to be made to the laws that would otherwise no longer operate appropriately once Gibraltar has left the EU.

The legislation before the House today provides the basis for EU law to become domestic law.
It will be the framework under which hundreds of pieces of legislation will have to be amended as we leave the European Union.

Theadder4

January 30th, 2019, 5:01 pm

May has made an arse of this and corbyn has went way down in my estimation by the way hes handled this.

Theadder4

January 30th, 2019, 5:09 pm

Just shows ,most elected politicians have less of a clue than the ordinary guy in the street,they have been found out badly how incompetent they are during this process,fuckers will prob vote themselfs another pay rise,seen one cauliflower moaning about having to stay in parliement to after 10pm some nights because of brexit ,maybe if some ever had a real job...aah fuck it,cant be bothered with them anymore,parasites the lot if them.