Does anyone play online anymore??

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
richlizard

Re: Does anyone play online anymore??

March 15th, 2019, 12:36 am

Boom. Won this one 3 in a row.

Sitting 1 of 6 in MPL, wish me luck :D

richlizard

March 15th, 2019, 1:47 am

Double BOOM...

bilthebandit

March 15th, 2019, 1:53 am

Been saying for 2\3 years now how I think the standard of play has fallen since we used to sit behind a lappy or 3 of them for 12 hours a day er er grinding away.

Agree with your more shocking bad beats theory Rich I would say fact but someone will come on and say how much better the oppos are nowadays and in some respects they are.

They are certainly better at knowing ranges and pot + EVs ect and no doubt have little calculators running telling them if they cant work it out for themselves and frequently use the phrase pot odds ect ect to excuse poor calls and the ol chestnut I had you on 1010 99 when they call with QJ off!!!! and made that astounding read after you had been at the table for 3 hands haha

bilthebandit

March 15th, 2019, 1:54 am

Nice evenins workout then m8!!!!! give yaself a colour change haha

Nilsatis

March 15th, 2019, 5:11 am

Great result Rich 👍

T8MML

March 15th, 2019, 10:09 am

Don’t play hardly at all these days - thankfully even using a VPN doesn’t let you play on some sites out here!

As for bad beats, I had quite a long convo with Rob Yong when playing 5/10 at DTD one night a few years back. They had just moved to ipoker and he asked me why I didn’t play online so much. I said about the software currently throwing out bad beats and rewarding the idiot and he said to me that because I was generally a tight player with a game that was good but not with such a high variance I was always likely to be bad beaten than to be the one giving the bad beat. Therefore I am going to notice it more than some.

As for the software I’ve always believed it is programmed to induce action and believe that even more now there are extended late entry and reentries which we didn’t have before. Especially the reentries which attract extra rake.

Playing bots and groups of players sharing cards has always been a problem online.

Rivher

March 15th, 2019, 1:37 pm

T8MML wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 10:09 am
Don’t play hardly at all these days - thankfully even using a VPN doesn’t let you play on some sites out here!

As for bad beats, I had quite a long convo with Rob Yong when playing 5/10 at DTD one night a few years back. They had just moved to ipoker and he asked me why I didn’t play online so much. I said about the software currently throwing out bad beats and rewarding the idiot and he said to me that because I was generally a tight player with a game that was good but not with such a high variance I was always likely to be bad beaten than to be the one giving the bad beat. Therefore I am going to notice it more than some.

As for the software I’ve always believed it is programmed to induce action and believe that even more now there are extended late entry and reentries which we didn’t have before. Especially the reentries which attract extra rake.

Playing bots and groups of players sharing cards has always been a problem online.
Tim get a vpn router http://bit.do/spydervpnrouter Two reasons 1. you can use it where you are and be able to use any poker/sports site without any issue. But if you are planning to return to the UK with the iptv box, you will now need it as UK ip's are being jogged on during live Premier League games! They're out of stock right now, but you can preorder and they will send it soon as they get stock in.

Free router with 24 months vpn included only £80 avbout £3.33 a month! Plugs into existing router no set up.

I am surprised you now agree with me that you believe it is programmed and not random. You need to be lucky also in any tournament live or online. People that win tournaments aren't going to admit 5 levels previously they were all in KK v AA and hit a King. They will just tell you about how well they played!

T8MML

March 15th, 2019, 3:58 pm

I have a VPN mate, HMA, works ok for what I want it for.

Long before you were an itch in my crotch I was saying the programme is geared to produce action :)

Met Nigel Blower a couple of weeks back and he said he remembered me harping on about it in 2006 - admitted also you often had to wonder :)