Knife crime

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Theadder4

Knife crime

March 9th, 2019, 10:19 am

Actors getting involved ,in telling young people not to carry knifes.
Might sound daft ,but it can work to an extent.
If people that the youngsters admire appeal to them not to carry knifes it can have a positive effect.
Remember in glasgow in the 60s/70s FRANKIE VAUGHAN the english singer/actor did a lot to get youngsters to put the blades away.
He is still highly thought of in glasgow for what he done.

T8MML

Re: Knife crime

March 9th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Might have worked a bit in our days mate but now a black guy telling young kids to behave is just seen as an Uncle Tom. They are more likely to look up to a rapper talking about street gangs etc than anyone with any common sense.

Brits stabbing Brits in Beni this week. Three so far - worlds gone mad mate!

bilthebandit

March 9th, 2019, 3:11 pm

Quite a few reasons for it all starting with police losing respect from all sections due to their institutionized racist demeanour since the 80s at least and ofc corruption and use as a private bullying outlet since Thatcher.

The mugs from Labour and liberal voices made the situation worse with their " picking on the poor black guy" stance instead of taking a sensible middle ground.

Police numbers plummeting due to gov obv a big excuse for the current rise unless youre an apologist for TM who says there no correlation between the two haha goto really be a sucker to fall for that one even a Dick like Creseda gets that one.

Tim spot on about the comment about a peer telling them anything is spot on and ya gangster rappers make money from these mugs so they wont change their outlooks and agendas.

Goto put my Toryboy hat on here and say carry a knife get 3 months time, 2nd time 6 months, 3 time 12 months no time off for good behaviour time just added for bad.Soon stop when they KNOW what they are gonna get.

Ofc the wankers who make the laws ect unlikely to fall prey to these villains so as long as it don't affect them its not worth losing votes over.

Ps ban these rappers like they do with other extremists like tommy the tit.

tankbuster1

March 9th, 2019, 4:28 pm

It has nothing to do with so called Racism if it was then would there not of been more Stabbings when everyone was Racist?

A lot of people forget or do not know that the Saint that was called Stephen Lawernce was a bully that was knocking out gear on other people's patch and his m8 that ran away was on Bail for Rape just maybe that is why the Police did not give a fk who killed him,What goes around comes around some may say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9xBz8nF0Y

tankbuster1

March 9th, 2019, 6:33 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 10:19 am
Actors getting involved ,in telling young people not to carry knifes.
Might sound daft ,but it can work to an extent.
If people that the youngsters admire appeal to them not to carry knifes it can have a positive effect.
Remember in glasgow in the 60s/70s FRANKIE VAUGHAN the english singer/actor did a lot to get youngsters to put the blades away.
He is still highly thought of in glasgow for what he done.
Doug if you think these clowns are going to listen to anyone you are sadly mistaking look at te fkers half of them are MEN not kids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOkjXYIz8g0

bilthebandit

March 9th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Lived in Brixton early 80s Tank and Thatchers army of thugs were very racist, prob less knife carrying then as the met cops stopped and searched for kicks.

tankbuster1

March 9th, 2019, 7:22 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 6:55 pm
Lived in Brixton early 80s Tank and Thatchers army of thugs were very racist, prob less knife carrying then as the met cops stopped and searched for kicks.
So hurty words saved lives and i would of been stopped and searched over 100 times easy as a couple of DCs fking hated me everytime they seen me they stopped me and did i give a fk no not really it was just a game.
If i had been Black would it of been Racist no not at all i was just a cheeky cauliflower

T8MML

March 10th, 2019, 2:10 pm

I don’t know whether old age is creeping up Bill or you’ve just developed a convenient memory mate. I spent most of the seventies watching people getting either glassed, bottled or ocassionally stabbed, more or less every night you went out, but it wasn’t newsworthy when football hooliganism hit all the headlines. Eventually the penny dropped and although football hooliganism has never gone away, what with cctv seen everywhere in and around the grounds it just to moved a more “safe” site.

Now stabbing is today’s news and a political football to be kicked around by those angry people in Parliament. Next week it will be something else.

Unfortunately the cctv effect at football seems to have been lost it north of the border and with events at Birmingham today, maybe down here too!

bilthebandit

March 12th, 2019, 10:52 am

T8MML wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 2:10 pm
I don’t know whether old age is creeping up Bill or you’ve just developed a convenient memory mate. I spent most of the seventies watching people getting either glassed, bottled or ocassionally stabbed, more or less every night you went out, but it wasn’t newsworthy when football hooliganism hit all the headlines. Eventually the penny dropped and although football hooliganism has never gone away, what with cctv seen everywhere in and around the grounds it just to moved a more “safe” site.

Now stabbing is today’s news and a political football to be kicked around by those angry people in Parliament. Next week it will be something else.

Unfortunately the cctv effect at football seems to have been lost it north of the border and with events at Birmingham today, maybe down here too!
Bloody hell Tim ok the places i hung out where always drink and drug fuelled hotspots full of long haired yobs roaring round thinking they were Marlon Brando and Lee Marvin ( SoA for you whippersnappers) :D :D and ok the poofters riding round on vespas had to be slapped now and then but the level of violence you portray seems a tad excessive!!!!! then again being sheltered like i was i never ventured or rarely did into the wild west way of life expressessed in the local Con Clubs.You was a brave young man indeed!!!!! :D :D