Fulham

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
tankbuster1

Fulham

February 28th, 2019, 8:55 pm

I see they have sacked Ranieri now just maybe the Chairman should be the one leaving after all he hired the last 2 managers

Theadder4

Re: Fulham

February 28th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Feel sorry for the guy,prob pulled off one of the biggest shocks in world football,winning the epl with leicester,he should have been there untill he retired then given a place on the board.

bilthebandit

February 28th, 2019, 10:54 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 9:03 pm
Feel sorry for the guy,prob pulled off one of the biggest shocks in world football,winning the epl with leicester,he should have been there untill he retired then given a place on the board.
Spot on there Dougie Leichester went from heros to scum tbh with that sacking of a fine nice fella,from what i heard Rodgers is on his way but i have not took much notice last few day so not sure and reckon hes a mug if he does.

richlizard

February 28th, 2019, 11:05 pm

Rodgers has already gone to Leicester Bandido.

Marky147

February 28th, 2019, 11:12 pm

Not sure I feel too sorry for him, he's probably doing alright :lol:

bilthebandit

March 1st, 2019, 2:15 am

richlizard wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 11:05 pm
Rodgers has already gone to Leicester Bandido.

Yup was 4 days or summat ago had talksport2 on they were saying it was prob a done deal then and had not seen owt since, reckon its a poor move tbh and think he overestimates his ability by some margin.

Not many would have bettered his record at Celtic but if you was to compile a list of ppl who would have obtained similar results i doubt you would have enough space on here to list them all !!!!! hell even Sam cudda gone there and played all out attacking "football" and retire from hoofball for a few years.

weecelt

March 1st, 2019, 9:47 am

love him for the trophies won , but a fkn absolute SNAKE , slithered out the back door like a wrong un , he could hav been a club legend if he had stayed for what could be history treble treble till the end of the season , then gone with th fans blessing & good wishes , but money seem to to be king for the guy who had his "dream job & celtic was in his blood " apparently sent reprasentatives to say "goodbye" to the players , no balls or backbone to speak to them his self , Liecster City your welcome to him HH

T8MML

March 1st, 2019, 12:24 pm

Poor old Claudio, everybody’s favourite uncle. What he did at Leicester was remarkable and he will always be revered for that at the club. His sacking was awful however football is a finance game regrettably and the fear of being relegated and the cost implications of that were too risky. I was appalled, however word from those close to the club was that Craig Shakespeare was the brains behind the coup and Claudio was the shop window. I felt more agreived knowing this and then seem him get sacked after the toughest of starts next season. Interesting to see though that Claudio was one of the first to pay his respects at the ground when the Chairmen’s helicopter went down so it couldn’t have been an acrimonious split could it?

As for Rodgers time will tell. His timing with Celtic wasn’t great and you have to wonder why he left the bonuses he must have been due if they won the treble, if it’s all about money. As for sneaking out the back door, rumour has it that the offer of £6 mill compo had a few of the management showing him where the back door was!

Why has he come to Leicester? If you accept that the big six will never employ a Smith or Jones again as manager and will almost certainly look abroad before even considering a UK manager, then Leicester is one of the better options. They have money to spend without risking the transfer embargoe’s limits, we have a superb group of young talent coming through and have shown the clubs resistance to sell unless the price is way over valued (Mahrez £400,000 sold for £70 odd million and Drinkwater for pennies sold for £35 mill - both good business for us), the fans love attacking football which is Rodgers style unlike trudging through custard that we saw with Puel. Also if he is to get a “bigger” job a successful time at Leicester, ie winnning a Cup or cracking the top 6 is likely to help him more than winning an almost uncontested trophy every season in the SPL.

Like I say time will tell.

Daddymac

March 1st, 2019, 5:53 pm

From a Celtic point of view it stinks and a decision he will have to live with for the rest of his life which I am sure in years to come he will regret this he will be forever remember as the first manager in Celtic history to walk mid season in stead of being up their sitting at the table with Jock Stein, Billy McNeil, Jimmy Johnston, Martin O'Neil, Tommy Burn,s Larsson & LENNON he is sitting with the Mo Johnstons of this world for the stake of 2-3 Months it's crazy. The biggest kick in the teeth for us is Leicester season is dead they have 10 friendlies left he could have left once season was finished and been a Celtic Legend. Leicester would have waited imo and if they would not have waited then they never wanted him bad enough.

Leicester have a brilliant Coach one of the best British Coaches about BUT and this is massive his recruitment leaves a lot to be desired that could be because at Celtic he is shopping in the corner shop for players or it's possible he never even had the final say on a lot of players (I don't believe this). Be interesting how his signing go over the next season or 2 because it's the most important part of the job as a manager.

Tim your post is spot on but I don't believe for 1 min the Board wanted Brendan to jump ship mid season for 6 Million they get exact same cash in the summer he had 2 1/2 years left on his contact so we still get the Compo at the end of the season I think it was more Leicester played a high stake poker game (Rightly so) and told him it's now or never and Brendan (it's my dream job) Rodgers bottled it when I think he would have had more respect from both clubs if he stuck to his guns and told wait until end of the season.

He has left Celtic and tarnished everything he has done and this about it's the club he supported and dream job just makes it even more difficult to swallow. If this is the way he treats a Club that supposed to be in his heart I can only imagine how he would treat a club that not in his heart.

Good luck Leicester got a feeling you may need it Brilliant Coach ? (Defo) Great Manager ? (time will tell) Great Person ? (Not a chance)

T8MML

March 1st, 2019, 6:14 pm

Good reasoned argument DM unlike some of the shite spouted in the chat box of LCTV while he was doing his first press conference as Manager. Death threats? Ffs come on!!

Had to chuckle when a Celtic fan put “more Celtic fans on here than Leicester” a city fan replied “yeah, that’s cos we’re all at work, not waiting for Jeremy Kyle to start!” :)

T8MML

March 1st, 2019, 6:18 pm

As for Recruitment rumour has it Steve Walsh could be coming back since it didn’t work out at Everton. He was the man who found Kante, Mahrez and others. - a huge plus if it happens!

Daddymac

March 1st, 2019, 6:49 pm

T8MML wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 6:18 pm
As for Recruitment rumour has it Steve Walsh could be coming back since it didn’t work out at Everton. He was the man who found Kante, Mahrez and others. - a huge plus if it happens!
Well that could be massive if he listens but he’s got a massive ego (to be fair most top manager have) depends if he listens one things for sure the players will love him he will have them eating out his hand and we seen what Leicester can do when that happens. I think he will a massive success at Leicester if finishing 6th-9th is seen as success but you will see plenty goals and your team giving everything.

One thing that he does he goes toe to toe with every team we could some massive hiding in champs league with this tactic but you got admire his outlook on the game. You’d could take a few hidings v Man City/Liverpool as he attacks them but you will give a few out as well imo.

At least I have a team to support in the premiership again after years not bothering :thumb:

Everyone who plays Leicester :hide:

Theadder4

March 1st, 2019, 7:34 pm

I think rodgers will do ok at leicester,your main worry will be a better job doesnt come up in the next 6/12 months. Hope they have a big buy out clause in his contract.

T8MML

March 1st, 2019, 7:49 pm

Lol DM - I doubt you’ll have much to cheer then ;)

I think nobody really wants the Europa League these days although that’s our level although when we did get Champions League football we made the 1/4s - struggling to remember the last time Celtic did? ;)

Theadder4

March 1st, 2019, 7:54 pm

Vardy might decide to fuck off,rodgers style if play is passing the ball at the back, no long balls allowed,ime not a celtic fan,so might have a different opinion,
The ones i know were frustrated with the 20 or 30 passes between the defence,ending a lot of time with the ball being passed up to the other teams
Box then being passed all the way back to their own half without a ball being played into the box, maybe (and i say maybe,not having a dig at celtic players,this time :D ) if leicester have better players, that style of play might work better,sometimes watching celtic trying to pass it out from the back ,was bombscare viewing,especially if teams pressed them high up the park.

Daddymac

March 1st, 2019, 8:08 pm

T8MML wrote:

I think nobody really wants the Europa League these days although that’s our level although when we did get Champions League football we made the 1/4s - struggling to remember the last time Celtic did? ;)
We'll see like I said it be a good watch next season best bet will be both teams to score or both score and Leicester win.

P.s let's not compare euros records Tim or a start talking 1967 and Dougie will love that :mrgreen:

T8MML

March 1st, 2019, 9:01 pm

Daddymac wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 8:08 pm
T8MML wrote:

We'll see like I said it be a good watch next season best bet will be both teams to score or both score and Leicester win.

P.s let's not compare euros records Tim or a start talking 1967 and Dougie will love that :mrgreen:
Only counts if you were alive then ;)

Which is why I’m qualified to gloat about World Cups :)

Sheddy

March 1st, 2019, 9:16 pm

When you see the videos of the Celtic fans singing about him dying in his sleep after taking then to 9 consecutive titles in a row you realise that the guy has 100% made the right decision. Lennons 1st game back sectarian signing and coin throwing from the same fans during the game.

He is a decent manager and hes jumped at the first opportunity, Clarke undoubtedly the best manager up here has already turned one side of the old firm down and its only a matter of time before he also leaves.

Theadder4

March 1st, 2019, 11:02 pm

Unfortunatly ime old enough to remember england winning the world cup but also old enough to remember when the old firm dominated european football,
Euro cup and cup winners cup finals and semi finals every other year :D
Why did we manage that ,because we are two of the biggest clubs on the planet,if it ever gets back to a level playing field again (ie us being able to join the epl) the man citys/liverpools/man utds will be playing for 3rd/4th place finishes at best ;)

T8MML

March 1st, 2019, 11:31 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 11:02 pm
Unfortunatly ime old enough to remember england winning the world cup but also old enough to remember when the old firm dominated european football,
Euro cup and cup winners cup finals and semi finals every other year :D
Why did we manage that ,because we are two of the biggest clubs on the planet,if it ever gets back to a level playing field again (ie us being able to join the epl) the man citys/liverpools/man utds will be playing for 3rd/4th place finishes at best ;)
Dominated European football Dougie? I think Real Madrid might take issue with you on that one, then AC and Inter Milan, juventus, Bayern Munich, Ajax, and then of course Liverpool and Forest (spit). You were definitely bigger than Barcelona in those days ;)

Theadder4

March 2nd, 2019, 4:05 am

It was 50 years ago tim,my memory maybe a bit off :D
We had a good wee spell then :D about 5 years mid sixties to early 70s won the european cup and the cup winners cup made another cup winners cup final,a couple of semi finals as well,one week in glasgow celtic played the euro cup semi final one night and rangers the euro cup winners cup semi final the next,aah the good old days ,plus then we had the world champs SCOTLAND after we tore england apart at wembley :D

Scuffs

March 2nd, 2019, 5:57 am

I’ve just read most of this post from the start and have enjoyed some excellent reading, well done guys. Some of the insight and knowledge about Leicester and Celtic is interesting and obviously discussed in a factual and a passionate manor.

When I got to the end I caught a glimpse of the thread title again.... Fulham!!!! Made me giggle.

T8MML

March 2nd, 2019, 11:18 am

Theadder4 wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 4:05 am
It was 50 years ago tim,my memory maybe a bit off :D
We had a good wee spell then :D about 5 years mid sixties to early 70s won the european cup and the cup winners cup made another cup winners cup final,a couple of semi finals as well,one week in glasgow celtic played the euro cup semi final one night and rangers the euro cup winners cup semi final the next,aah the good old days ,plus then we had the world champs SCOTLAND after we tore england apart at wembley :D
And the goalposts :)