What you think of this rule

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Theadder4

What you think of this rule

February 8th, 2019, 8:03 pm

Couple of weeks ago a mate done a corners bet at the football,he had a good few quid on it,i cant remember exactly what the bet was,it was something like over 11 corners in the match.
So its in injury time and theres been exactly 11 corners (he needs 1 more to win his bet) seconds to go and a corner is given, happy days the bet has won.
So he goes to the bookies to collect it,and the bookie tells him the bets lost.
Wtf you on about he asks the bookie,and the bookie tells him the ref gave the corner,but blow the final whistle before the corner was taken,so it doesnt count.

Marky147

Re: What you think of this rule

February 8th, 2019, 8:16 pm

Shit, but think the bookies are right.

Wouldn't think it can count as a corner until they've taken it.

Paulscot1

February 8th, 2019, 9:28 pm

Done loads of corners bets. It is always corners taken and not given. A few times it has cost me but as I mostly sell I am shouting for ref to blow the whistle.

bilthebandit

February 8th, 2019, 11:49 pm

Yup Dougie when the time on the ref watch says full time he blows and game over except for a pen only, corners free kicks throws ect don't need to be taken.

We have over the years seen strange things ball heading towards goal a whistle b4 it hits the back of the net and the ref getting all sorts of abuse for then disallowing it similar with a rebounded pen kick or the ref blowing b4 the attacker can take a last gasp freekick just outside the box ect.

Even stranger is the av time added on at Old Trafford is 30 sec if Utd are leading 15 min if they are behind :D :D

Rivher

February 12th, 2019, 12:27 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 11:49 pm
Yup Dougie when the time on the ref watch says full time he blows and game over except for a pen only, corners free kicks throws ect don't need to be taken.

We have over the years seen strange things ball heading towards goal a whistle b4 it hits the back of the net and the ref getting all sorts of abuse for then disallowing it similar with a rebounded pen kick or the ref blowing b4 the attacker can take a last gasp freekick just outside the box ect.

Even stranger is the av time added on at Old Trafford is 30 sec if Utd are leading 15 min if they are behind :D :D
Nothing strange about any of that, except Nutliks still think Fergie manages Man Utd?