To old and knackered

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Theadder4

To old and knackered

February 7th, 2019, 11:21 pm

Getting out of the gutter cleaning game (in the next few months) ime to old and its to dangerous
My young cousin is coming to work with me ,cutting grass ,starting the end of march (he drives,so i will buy a small van)
now all i need to do is sign up 400 regular customers between now and march to make it possible :D
that gives us 20 jobs a day to do 5 days a week.
shouldnt be a problem getting the jobs, knocking on peoples doors and getting jobs,is what i do best :D

T8MML

Re: To old and knackered

February 7th, 2019, 11:42 pm

Gl with that Dougie but instead of going out looking for jobs why don’t you get 50 people to invest a ton and they find 50 people and so on and you take a cut instead of having to cut?

I’m sure I’ve read of something similar ;)

Scuffs

February 8th, 2019, 12:01 am

Me to mate, too knackered. Take it easy pal

Theadder4

February 8th, 2019, 12:12 am

To complicated for me tim ive not got a buisness brain, if i did i could be earning ten grand a week ,ime ok with my own tax and national insurance,but if i was having to do it for lots of workers ,plus sorting their tax/national insurance ,vat and all the other crap that comes with running a buisness with employees ,health and safety courses etc,i would end up fucked or in the nick,
Like to keep it simple,get the jobs and do them myself,plan is to build it up over the next year,so come march 2020 i can take on 2 more workers and make my young cousin my partner,and him and the 2 other workers can do 30 jobs a day,and i can take a back seat from the graft and concentrate on just doing the books/collecting the money/and supplying any more customers if we need them.

calella

February 8th, 2019, 9:41 am

Good luck with it Dougie, I'm sure you will find plenty of customers.

richlizard

February 8th, 2019, 9:44 am

Good luck Dougie.

I am exactly the opposite. I love working in all weather and turn my hand to anything but I am just shit at selling. :bang:

bilthebandit

February 8th, 2019, 10:29 am

T8MML wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 11:42 pm
Gl with that Dougie but instead of going out looking for jobs why don’t you get 50 people to invest a ton and they find 50 people and so on and you take a cut instead of having to cut?

I’m sure I’ve read of something similar ;)
Gutternodes i reckon would be popular or when you knock on doors always say Wazzup in the gutters :hide:

Theadder4

February 8th, 2019, 1:05 pm

I was the same as you rich,loved going out and doing the work,just not able to anymore,done 15 jobs on wednesday (thats going up a ladder about 80 times ) used to be able to do that 7 days a week, i had to take thursday off to recover,knees/hips/back fucked ,in agony all night after a days work now.

As for selling rich,for me getting buisness in by knocking on peoples doors is the easiest thing about the job.ive done it on and off for over 30 years ,for kitchens/bathhrooms/bedrooms/alarm systems/conservetories/council house purchase/home insurance and a dozen other things. I used to train canvassers/door knockers how to do it at kichen companys i worked at.secret is not to sound like a salesman and not to use sales tactics (people are not stupid) just knock their door and chat to them,if the service you are offering them is something they might need/be interrsted in,give them some info about it ( in a way they will understand it) when you get chatting to them,make sure they know you work for yourself,even tell them why you started working for yourself (people like hearing storys like that)
Basically it boils down to,
1 people need/have an interest in your service
2 they think you are a genuine guy trying to make a living
3 they can trust you not to rip them off
4 you will do a good job
5 they are getting value for money.

(3 and 4) when i do a big painting job for people (painting their faciers/soffets etc) i always say to them,if youre not happy with it when ime finnished ,dont pay me, never had anyone not pay me yet for painting jobs.