MOSCONI CUP

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
richlizard

Re: MOSCONI CUP

December 7th, 2018, 11:52 am

Well said Nick. Although I would add that heart and passion mean little when you bottle a finishing shot like he did last night after being gifted a chance to win.

Totally agree with Ouschan (I am not on first name terms with them yet). Quality player and cool as a cucumber when under pressure.

bilthebandit

December 7th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Phinnies wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 11:24 am
Fuck is it with this place, I type out a reply and then it tells me I need to log in again and it’s lost what I have typed!

Had same many times Nick sometimes you have to click submit twice and good use of the arrow to go back gets your post back sometimes it just vanishes tho a apin if ya spend ages composing a piece.

richlizard

December 7th, 2018, 12:15 pm

If your post takes a while to type then there is every chance someone has posted while you are trying to post. So it will give you a warning that someone else has posted, don't ask me why. So if you ignore that warning thinking your post has posted... it hasn't. When you have posted it will show that your post has posted :)

richlizard

December 7th, 2018, 12:17 pm

The other thing is when you log in, there is a little box that says 'Remember Me'. If you put a tick in that then makes sure you remain logged in just in case the auto log out happens while you are typing war and peace. I honestly cannot remember the last time I had to log in. Probably only when clearing cookies.

Phinnies

December 7th, 2018, 12:18 pm

richlizard wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 11:52 am
Well said Nick. Although I would add that heart and passion mean little when you bottle a finishing shot like he did last night after being gifted a chance to win.

Totally agree with Ouschan (I am not on first name terms with them yet). Quality player and cool as a cucumber when under pressure.
No or me, but I couldn’t remember how to spell the surname. :D

richlizard

December 7th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Ha

gavinalways

December 11th, 2018, 5:49 pm

Phinnies wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 11:44 am

The mistake they have made is not selecting Chris Melling, he has had a wonderful year but sadly for him his success has been in the USA and therefore didn’t earn him ranking points for the Euro team. He is the best shot maker in the world and having an Englishmen in this team would lift the crowd and the players. They had the perfect opportunity when Mario He failed a drugs test but they brought in Kazakis. Having commentated with Chris last week I know he was gutted not to make the team and he will be watching on burning to get back out there.

I don't think they could have picked him, no way he should be ahead of Shaw and Ouschan, they were the 2 captains picks and after Mario He withdrew it had to go to the next in the rankings, if He had withdrawn before the Captain's Pick then Melling would have probably been in. Agree it would have lifted the crowd more, not sure if that was possible for the Thursday though, the atmosphere was incredible.

It must be tough for the likes of him and Shaw, they don't want to play the Euro Tour so it's very difficult for them to qualify automatically. Both points system include the Euro tour results, be better if they have 1 for only the Euro tour results, and one points table for the world tournaments.

How good was Ouschan, what a match that was against Woodward, Ouschan didn't make 1 mistake, he broke and ran his first 4 breaks, then Woodward got a bit lucky in 1 game with a bad safety then lucky again kicking, and the last rack Ouschan left a jump shot, both played amazing, great standard.

Although it was a great standard potting wise I found it boring watching them break and run, I heard they made the pockets bigger by 1/4 and inch, I enjoyed the racks where a bit of safety was needed. Also I would prefer to see the 9 on the spot, not the 1, this would be inline with most other big tournaments, it makes it harder to break although they eventually work it out.

Loved the 2days there and the after party was cool. Recommend it to anyone thinking of going.