Poker stories

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Theadder4

Poker stories

November 29th, 2018, 12:12 pm

Put them here,the good the bad and the funny,all welcome.

First time i played poker live,was at the cinncinnatti club in glasgow,dave coolclough (el blonde) was on my table,during one hand it was only me and him in the pot, the flop comes and ive flopped a full house,ime looking straight down at the table,trying not to give any tells away,i know he is looking at me ,so i want to make sure he is not getting a read of me before he makes his move,2mins go by and he still hasnt made a bet,5 mins go by and hes still studying me,about 10 mins go by and still he has not made his move,so i think fuck it ime going to look him straight in the eye and hope i give nothing away,so i look up and stare him straight in the eye,and he says ,ITS YOU TO GO :oops:

Playing poker event in dublin.
Ime sitting at my table,and pardraig parkinson is walking by with a a member of staff,i hear him saying he cant find anywhere in the venue to buy cigs,the other guy says to him they dont sell cigs at the venue,so i say heres a couple of cigs here,and i hand him a few cigs, he thanks me,and reaches out to shake my hand,the way ime sitting i have to reach my right hand across my body and streach to shake his hand.
As hes walking away i hear him saying to the other guy,did you see that,i cant believe that cauliflower just gave me a masons handshake here in dublin,he was serious about it too :D

Thedonx

Re: Poker stories

November 29th, 2018, 4:53 pm

My one and only KK meet up was in Glasgow in 2010. Got totally shitfaced on the Friday. Think we all ended up in Madness. My coat with my passport in the pocket got stolen so couldn't get flight back and had to get train on Sunday and ferry to Belfast with Dicie and Hef.

The poker on the Saturday I could hardly lift my head. Played like a nit then shoved AA and was called and sucked out on by Dicie holding the Swedish nuts(KJ soooted)

Then lost a 250 quid pot on the cash table after sitting down with 50 when some local called my shove with gutshot and hit.

Did enough snow to leave my nose in bad shape for a week or two after lol. Good times.

PokerBrat86

November 29th, 2018, 5:15 pm

making a day 2 in the 25/25 with the chip lead, then proceeding to play cash all night and sleeping in for the day 2 being blinded out to bust 2 off the money, or winning 2k in the flamingo playing cash a few years ago, then proceeding to get wrecked and somehow letting the lot drop out my pockets on the way back to caesers :D

T8MML

November 29th, 2018, 8:10 pm

A few here will remember the kk do at Dtd when my Mrs rocks up to tell everyone within a 5 mile radius

“I had Jack Queen and the flop came 9,10,11”

T8MML

November 29th, 2018, 8:28 pm

Mine was my first game back after I had the stroke. I was still in the wheelchair at the time so was having to sit down to pee due to my right legs tendency to jerk violently so it was easier to sit down rather than risk pissing down my leg! I was also very conscious about personal hygiene in that area!

The break came up and off I went to the disabled loo, had a pee and washed my tadger in the sink- yes, that paranoid!

We were called back to the table and I rolled back into place. I had earphones on but not load enough to blot out conversations at the table. One of the young lads says “I can smell wee!”

Before I had time to think I reacted by exclaiming “I might be old but it ain’t me!”

There were a few puzzled looks round the table (I’m rubbing my crutch and discreetly sniffing my fingers) and the conversation carried on.

Eventually It soon became clear that the player reckoned somebody at the table had had a joint during the break had actually said “I can smell weed”

:hide:

Scuffs

December 3rd, 2018, 12:25 pm

I was going to post this earlier this year but chose not to.
Do you think I was angled by Chino Reem??

WSOP Main Event day 3
The break has just started and I look down and I have Aces in the BB. Chino raises in 4th position I 3 bet he 4 bets I have about 30 bigs and shove. He tanks and is talking all the time, I say nothing.
He then says “I would have to call”
I take that as a call and show my cards, he then explained that before he said that out loud he said to himself “if I had AK or better”

Do you think I was angled??

richlizard

December 3rd, 2018, 1:16 pm

Scuffs wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 12:25 pm
I was going to post this earlier this year but chose not to.
Do you think I was angled by Chino Reem??

WSOP Main Event day 3
The break has just started and I look down and I have Aces in the BB. Chino raises in 4th position I 3 bet he 4 bets I have about 30 bigs and shove. He tanks and is talking all the time, I say nothing.
He then says “I would have to call”
I take that as a call and show my cards, he then explained that before he said that out loud he said to himself “if I had AK or better”

Do you think I was angled??
Yes

Scuffs

December 3rd, 2018, 2:08 pm

To be honest, it still sits bad with me.

He showed AT suited which to me means he was never going to call so I didn’t lose out. The dealer and floor manager agreed that he never called but in my view it’s just a play on words so we should all be weary of that.

richlizard

December 3rd, 2018, 2:15 pm

Scuffs wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 2:08 pm
To be honest, it still sits bad with me.

He showed AT suited which to me means he was never going to call so I didn’t lose out. The dealer and floor manager agreed that he never called but in my view it’s just a play on words so we should all be weary of that.
Not really a story but reminds me of my £5 home game last Wednesday week. We have one player who will just never get it but plays anyway and despite so many attempts to teach him, he is never going to improve. Anyway, I made a massive bluff on river with jack shit which is daft against a bad player but went for it anyway. He thought long and hard and then said "I will fold then". I smiled and went to show the bluff and then we all heard "Or will I?" hahahaha. He tried to argue it was one continuous sentence but of course got shot down in flames. You can imagine how many times everyone has tried that tactic since then.

Scuffs

December 3rd, 2018, 10:32 pm

Absolutely agree, it doesn't matter whether it's a £5 home game or the world championship.
The words from the player has to be crystal clear or otherwise the floor tends to rule against us

T8MML

December 3rd, 2018, 10:55 pm

In the USA against a high profile player v a piss up ;) Brit you are never going to get a ruling in your favour.

I’ve played against Chino three or four times and he is/was one of Men The Masters apprentices so do I need say anymore??

Scuffs

December 3rd, 2018, 11:13 pm

Totally agree Tim, I don't think I done anything wrong but was definitely conned and I fell for it.
Like I say it's still sore because I fell for it.