Brexit

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
bilthebandit

Re: Brexit

January 16th, 2019, 8:52 am

TBH its a bit like the Foxes being bottom of the Prem and they employ Sam to save them and Tim yells we are fuked now!!!!!

Again Rich almost spot on except Blair the most evil a title owned by Thatcher the rest of your post esp the bit "they could not do worse" is undisputable.

caaaant

January 16th, 2019, 9:08 am

tankbuster1 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 8:16 pm
I bet you don't see any UKIP members being interviewed on BBC, CH4
They do not have an MP, so irrelevant.

T8MML

January 16th, 2019, 11:26 am

Agree with a lot of what you say Rich but Blair was the face of new Labour because the old one was dead and buried and totally unelectable. Labour supporters having woken up to this had two more elections to vote elsewhere but because Labour/Tory supporters have blind faith they won’t crossover and the other options are clueless anyway. So Labour supporters stuck with him knowing that true Labour or old Labour is a no no.

I can’t believe how stupid Corbyn must be to think he can win today for many of the reasons you say. Will he fall on his sword if he loses? Labour supporters expect TM to do so.

The whole thing now is a total farce and has been ever since the decision to have a referendum didn’t include certain caveats to avoid this debacle.

bilthebandit

January 16th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Cmon now Tim and I agree the thieves will not vote themselves out,they will not do whats best for the country by propping up a stupid intransient inept woman so the gravy train keeps rollin along.

Why should Corbyn go????? was he for the first time in history charged with being in contempt did he lose by a record margin and a massive one at that a vote esp one as so called important as this one nope but it makes for a good smokescreen to try and throw ppl off the scent of stupidity in May and go for another target.

PS Corbyn had to call for this vote not to do so would have been a betrayal to the electorate.

T8MML

January 16th, 2019, 1:49 pm

He knows he can’t win so it’s a simple chance for him to look good for a few minutes. All he has done is just send out another high profile message that the country is divided. Also TM got more votes than him at the last election so if you’re gonna waive the democracy banner for the referendum respect the election result

January 16th, 2019, 2:08 pm

She is completely and totally inept Tim
To deny that is just being ridiculous
She probably will survive but not because her party believes in her lol.
You seem horrified at the prospect of a Labour government as does most of England,yet Westminster is being dictated to by a dozen or so zealots from the DUP

Really is an astonishing state of affairs

T8MML

January 16th, 2019, 2:45 pm

1875 wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 2:08 pm
She is completely and totally inept Tim
To deny that is just being ridiculous
She probably will survive but not because her party believes in her lol.
You seem horrified at the prospect of a Labour government as does most of England,yet Westminster is being dictated to by a dozen or so zealots from the DUP

Really is an astonishing state of affairs

I’ve said it before I’m no fan but nobody else has put their head on the block. No PM with a country so divided would be able to get a deal or no deal that suits everyone. Yes the DUP situ is not ideal but again reflects the division within the country. DUP or Sinn Fein supporter - lovely choice to have!!

bilthebandit

January 16th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Yup its the usual Tory machine spouting shite as per normal.

I want cross party talks says May er er but no leaders from other parties can join in ROFL you could,nt make it up.

Most of England not horrified at the prospect of labour but 5% of them certainly are and spend vast sums to con the ignorant.

3 camps in the Tory party.

1,They will make bundles at your expense if we leave.

2,They already make bundles at your expense and dread the prospect of losing that if we leave.

3.Very small minority who put country first prob be able to count them on your fingers deffo if you also use your toes who are appalled at their party atm .

But you have to laugh at them and their supporters trying to turn Brexit into a Labour screw up and some still fall for that shite.

Good for Scotland tho guys Cameron tried to give you independence you ignored him so he tried again with Brexit to give you another shot coz when we are outta the EU Wales and Scotland are gonna really be screwed over as will be the north and prob most of the midlands.

T8MML

January 16th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Thankfully fewer are falling for 90% of the political shite you spew on here Bill. For somebody who claims not to be Labour supporter you sound like a Liverpool fan believing it’s gonna be their year - every year. Eventually they might get one right!

Longines

January 16th, 2019, 5:58 pm

Longines wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 4:46 pm
caaaant wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Lots of 'free' stuff with no means testing - What free stuff?
People on high incomes will be given free childcare, free tuition fees, free school meals - why? Make it means tested and target it on the lower paid.
Case in point today. I have dodgy eyes so am under the care of the local NHS hospital and had a check-up that has resulted in a change of prescription requiring new contact lenses to be ordered.

The cost to the patient is £114 for the pair. If my prescription changes within the next 12 months I can get new ones for 'free'. After 12 months the clock resets and I need to pay again if a new pair is required. If you lose or break a lens (which is not uncommon) it's £57 per replacement lens, no exceptions.

The true cost of the lenses is roughly £400 a pair.

Doesn't matter if you're a millionaire or on jobseekers/disability benefits, it's £114 per pair, no exceptions. JSA or disability is what, eighty quid a week? Demanding that those people pay £114 to be able to function and see is disgusting. Equally disgusting is not charging people who can afford it something closer to the true cost. Why not make me pay more and don't charge anything to those on benefits?

Just throwing more money at the NHS is not the answer. Being a lot smarter about how they spend - and recover - the money is.

bilthebandit

January 16th, 2019, 6:29 pm

That the thing tho Tim I don't support any off them and slag any of them off take the piss out of most and have respect for very very few of the ones I see read about or hear.

Most of the detestable ones come from your party with little going for them in the way of morals and find it hard to understand how anyone can possibly like them never mind support them believe what they say and repeat the shite that they spout.

Labour ofc have a fair few of similar ilk and quite a few dumbasses with Diane top of the class here but tbh I think her heart is in the right place even tho her brains as useful as my footy team!!!!

But you keep supporting the party who cause 1000s of deaths every year ,take services away from the mentally ill and ex servicemen who go nuts due to what they have seen and been through and run our health service into the ground EVERY time they get elected just so they can line their own pockets with nice jollies and expenses rackets.

Sure as a general rule they are smarter than the av labour party member and certainly talk better but most thieves and conmen are.

Corbyn seems a pretty nice geezer imo and hes against war racism poverty and is a helluva lot more honest than crowd in charge now but would he be a great PM????? I doubt it would he be better than the one we have know????? impossible to be worse.

tankbuster1

January 16th, 2019, 6:49 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 6:29 pm
That the thing tho Tim I don't support any off them and slag any of them off take the piss out of most and have respect for very very few of the ones I see read about or hear.

Most of the detestable ones come from your party with little going for them in the way of morals and find it hard to understand how anyone can possibly like them never mind support them believe what they say and repeat the shite that they spout.

Labour ofc have a fair few of similar ilk and quite a few dumbasses with Diane top of the class here but tbh I think her heart is in the right place even tho her brains as useful as my footy team!!!!

But you keep supporting the party who cause 1000s of deaths every year ,take services away from the mentally ill and ex servicemen who go nuts due to what they have seen and been through and run our health service into the ground EVERY time they get elected just so they can line their own pockets with nice jollies and expenses rackets.

Sure as a general rule they are smarter than the av labour party member and certainly talk better but most thieves and conmen are.

Corbyn seems a pretty nice geezer imo and hes against war racism poverty and is a helluva lot more honest than crowd in charge now but would he be a great PM????? I doubt it would he be better than the one we have know????? impossible to be worse.

Bill have you not realised that Abbot/Lammy and a few others in his party fking hate White people you lot just think im racist when the plan is to flood the country with immigrants and both partys are implicit in it

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-serco ... KKCN1P216Z

T8MML

January 16th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Bill we will never agree. I’m where I am but willing to listen to alternatives, but when the alternatives are as unpalatable as the options are now, despite being totally fkd off with the incumbent those alternatives are just to frightening, to me to consider.

There are good and bad on both sides - regrettably there are not enough of the good on either!

T_F_L_S

January 16th, 2019, 7:31 pm

I still don't understand why leaving with no deal is "crashing out"?

Leave and the trade talks would start immediately!

If the EU get too difficult just produce/manufacture our own goods without exploiting cheap labour...

caaaant

January 17th, 2019, 9:32 am

Longines wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 5:58 pm
Longines wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 4:46 pm
caaaant wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Lots of 'free' stuff with no means testing - What free stuff?
People on high incomes will be given free childcare, free tuition fees, free school meals - why? Make it means tested and target it on the lower paid.
Case in point today. I have dodgy eyes so am under the care of the local NHS hospital and had a check-up that has resulted in a change of prescription requiring new contact lenses to be ordered.

The cost to the patient is £114 for the pair. If my prescription changes within the next 12 months I can get new ones for 'free'. After 12 months the clock resets and I need to pay again if a new pair is required. If you lose or break a lens (which is not uncommon) it's £57 per replacement lens, no exceptions.

The true cost of the lenses is roughly £400 a pair.

Doesn't matter if you're a millionaire or on jobseekers/disability benefits, it's £114 per pair, no exceptions. JSA or disability is what, eighty quid a week? Demanding that those people pay £114 to be able to function and see is disgusting. Equally disgusting is not charging people who can afford it something closer to the true cost. Why not make me pay more and don't charge anything to those on benefits?

Just throwing more money at the NHS is not the answer. Being a lot smarter about how they spend - and recover - the money is.
I tend to agree that those who can afford to pay more should, but then lots who could are way too greedy. It's be great to get a means-tested system in place, but I don't see it working as the bureaucracy and changes in circumstance would be a nightmare for our shambles of a government. If we had decent systems (like ID cards and health cards) it would work well.

In Spain they run a system that is means tested, you pay a % of the true cost depending on your annual income. Free prescriptions are available to persons who have lost entitlement to unemployment benefits (they actually stop payments after you have used your unemployment benefit) and people with certain ailments/ disabilities. I think the % ranges from 90% of the true cost down to 0.

The thing with the system now it is universal, so no matter if you are a millionaire or unemployed you have the same benefits.
This is the system now, so I don't know why it's an argument against the labour policy, but I agree with your sentiment.
I really do not trust the tory party with the NHS, the creeping privatisation is ongoing, and yes, the Blair government probably accelerated it.

Case in point:
I had to drive to Marbella last week to get a scan done, all on the Gib NHS at a private hospital in Spain.
I got a letter this week saying I should go to the payments counter at the hospital in Gib, they wanted to pay me 50 quid to cover my fuel. I refused, the trip probably cost me around a tenner in petrol, I also had a day out shopping too. I can well afford that, so did not see the point of getting that payment - the staff there were amazed, could not believe I turned down free cash.

caaaant

January 17th, 2019, 9:38 am

T_F_L_S wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 7:31 pm
I still don't understand why leaving with no deal is "crashing out"?

Leave and the trade talks would start immediately!

If the EU get too difficult just produce/manufacture our own goods without exploiting cheap labour...
Do you have an idea how long trade talks take?...Answer..average 18 months, 3 years to implement.
That's the idea behind the interim deal - soft exit protecting jobs and manufacturing, then we negotiate a trade deal proper.

Our manufacturing sector is weak...we make next to nothing here exclusively..apart from maybe Marmite..

LittleMate

January 17th, 2019, 10:14 am

I think this is my first post on this thread, so here goes :-

We spent c.12 years and 3 or 4 attempts to get into the EU with both sides trying. Why? We were f88ked in trade terms. The EU had become so very important as a trading partner to us. The Americans were also pushing us to join because they wanted to be able to deal with one Europe when it came to trade. Unravelling what we've built over 40 years of membership will take years. I fear a recession on the scale of the 1980's.

As a country, we went from one of the most democratic locally run countries in the world to the most centralised as a result of the effort to win WW2. We have never unravelled that and today we spend twice as much on being centrally governed than France and 3 times as much as Germany. Its easy to identify an immigrant Asian/African or Eastern European and blame it on the EU.Tony Blair actually allowed EU freedom of movement when he didn't have to - Germany vetoed it as did many others because it was optional. That's why we got 600k Poles over here. However English brexiters have mistaken the meddling of the EU for the meddling of central government - which is itself in a mess because its failed to deal with the growing inequalities in our society. The result are the social policies you are all debating here. Until this country stops swinging from left to right and back again; stops relying on central government to set radically altered and new agendas; then we will always be f88ked.

bilthebandit

January 17th, 2019, 10:46 am

The eye thing Grant is a tad misleading as glasses are free to anyone on benefits, contacts are a cosmetic item not a necessity but agree if you want this cosmetic item you should maybe pay the cost of it however is it that simple????? ie lenses manufacturers are likely to deal in a bundle of items in order to give the customer (NHS) what they require when they require it.

Using your subject of eyesight its logical to assume some types of lens is in less demand therefore prob a higher per item cost to make bifocals for example or indeed your contacts.So although on a 400 quid to make price for yours the cheap shite I wear prob costs 50 quid to make which then because the buying is in volume reduces the cost to enable someone like your good self to get what you need at a reasonable cost. Nobody to my knowledge bar Nikki Lauda NEEDS contacts and pretty sure if someone on benefits needed them for medical and not cosmetic reasons they would get them also for free.

Too much means testing is expensive and not always +ev but you thinking you should pay more and Rich refusing a payoff says more about you coz most just grab what they can wether they need it or not.

T8MML

January 17th, 2019, 11:09 am

Caaaant perhaps you should mention to that in Spain to claim unemployment benefit you must be prepared to don a yellow jacket and sweep streets, dig trenches, look after potholes on minor roads, look after council owned roadside verges etc etc - or not get your benefit.

Can you see the good old UK unemployed agreeing to that???

caaaant

January 17th, 2019, 12:00 pm

T8MML wrote:
Caaaant perhaps you should mention to that in Spain to claim unemployment benefit you must be prepared to don a yellow jacket and sweep streets, dig trenches, look after potholes on minor roads, look after council owned roadside verges etc etc - or not get your benefit.

Mate - yes!!
I can't see any party introducing it, they damn well should!
If they don't do the work they get no benefit. So sweet!

We also have something here which works well. Our pensioners are paid the normal pension.
They can earn more by doing community work. Most look after the public gardens and parks, potter around pulling weeds etc.
This gets the elderly out and about and puts extra coin in their pockets..

bilthebandit

January 17th, 2019, 1:13 pm

caaaant wrote:
T8MML wrote:

Mate - yes!!

We also have something here which works well. Our pensioners are paid the normal pension.
They can earn more by doing community work. Most look after the public gardens and parks, potter around pulling weeds etc.

Unions wouldnt like that Rich nor the guys who pay back handers to the local councillors to win the contracts for that at extortionate rates!!!!!

Longines

January 17th, 2019, 2:35 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
The eye thing Grant is a tad misleading as glasses are free to anyone on benefits, contacts are a cosmetic item not a necessity but agree if you want this cosmetic item you should maybe pay the cost of it however is it that simple?????
I, and lots of other people who have the same thing I have, cannot see using glasses, we need the correction to sit directly on the eyeball to work. It's not a cosmetic choice.

T8MML

January 17th, 2019, 3:02 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 1:13 pm
caaaant wrote:
T8MML wrote:

Mate - yes!!

Unions wouldnt like that Rich nor the guys who pay back handers to the local councillors to win the contracts for that at extortionate rates!!!!!
The main complainer should such a system be introduced in the UK would be Jeremy Kyle - he would lose the lions share of viewers!

bilthebandit

January 17th, 2019, 3:56 pm

I hope Hazel shouts at you when you watch that garbage Tim!!!!!

bilthebandit

January 17th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Longines wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 2:35 pm
bilthebandit wrote:
The eye thing Grant is a tad misleading as glasses are free to anyone on benefits, contacts are a cosmetic item not a necessity but agree if you want this cosmetic item you should maybe pay the cost of it however is it that simple?????
I, and lots of other people who have the same thing I have, cannot see using glasses, we need the correction to sit directly on the eyeball to work. It's not a cosmetic choice.

Laser surgery and all that jazz no good m8????

T8MML

January 17th, 2019, 4:28 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 3:56 pm
I hope Hazel shouts at you when you watch that garbage Tim!!!!!
If she did ever catch me watching it I would hope she would switch off my life support!!

bilthebandit

January 17th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Just had a vison with you saying that M8 of you secretly watching Jeremy Kyle while the good lady went to buy fags then blushing as your fumbling for the remote when she came st8 back after forgetting to take her keys haha

You watching Pawn again????? (red faced) no dear just Jeremy er er Corbyn making a speech!!!!!

T8MML

January 17th, 2019, 5:33 pm

Wrong sort of cauliflower for porn Bill

Longines

January 17th, 2019, 7:50 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Laser surgery and all that jazz no good m8????
Fraud not, lasers cut away some of the surface of the eye and the reason mine are fucked is the surface is too thin to begin with

bilthebandit

January 21st, 2019, 3:08 pm

Only 20 min to go b4 our fearless,ethical,moral,honest and ofc strong and stable leader stands up setting out her agenda for Brexit no doubt this will be well received by all !!!!!