Brexit

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Stalky

Re: Brexit

December 18th, 2018, 9:21 am

Scuffs wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 12:33 am
Should we have another referendum?
Yes, but 3 choices TMs deal, no deal or remain. It’s too important to leave solely in the hands of self serving politicians. Let a now much more informed public decide

silverfox46

December 18th, 2018, 10:35 am

what then best of 3 or 5? i'm old enough to remember pre EU times and we did ok, trading with our commonwealth countries among others.Our current government have given to much ground, now is the time to piss or get off the pot.If we end up with no deal so be it, no doubt bring some pain in the short term, but long term it's got to be better to be masters of our own destiny. I have no real political agenda, and as both major parties are split from asshole to breakfast time, i do not think it's a solvable dilemma unless the EU give a little leeway, but our useless politicians have shown weakness, and like poker you see a weak bet you hammer it. :bang: :bang: :bang:

silverfox46

December 18th, 2018, 10:37 am

silverfox46 wrote:
what then best of 3 or 5? i'm old enough to remember pre EU times and we did ok, trading with our commonwealth countries among others.Our current government have given to much ground, now is the time to piss or get off the pot.If we end up with no deal so be it, no doubt bring some pain in the short term, but long term it's got to be better to be masters of our own destiny. I have no real political agenda, and as both major parties are split from asshole to breakfast time, i do not think it's a solvable dilemma unless the EU give a little leeway, but our useless politicians have shown weakness, and like poker you smell a weak bet you hammer it. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Stalky

December 18th, 2018, 12:17 pm

silverfox46 wrote:
what then best of 3 or 5? i'm old enough to remember pre EU times and we did ok, trading with our commonwealth countries among others.Our current government have given to much ground, now is the time to piss or get off the pot.If we end up with no deal so be it, no doubt bring some pain in the short term, but long term it's got to be better to be masters of our own destiny. I have no real political agenda, and as both major parties are split from asshole to breakfast time, i do not think it's a solvable dilemma unless the EU give a little leeway, but our useless politicians have shown weakness, and like poker you see a weak bet you hammer it. :bang: :bang: :bang:
I don’t think pre EU Britain and 2018 Britain are comparable , we have no manufacturing now by comparison so less to offer other nations. We are in general much better off than we were back in the 70s. It was a great time for music but I for one don’t want to turn the clock back

bilthebandit

December 18th, 2018, 1:12 pm

Why we got no manufacturing ????? answer to that is Thatcher and the unions fuked it all up, better off than the 70s?????? doubt it tbh overall .

Another vote????? much as I would like it from a amusement angle your "much more informed public" perspective don't really work out as the info you get is 90% bollox or guesswork or plain bullshit from ppl with their own agendas in charge atm.

Marky147

December 18th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Stalky wrote:
silverfox46 wrote:
I don’t think pre EU Britain and 2018 Britain are comparable , we have no manufacturing now by comparison so less to offer other nations. We are in general much better off than we were back in the 70s. It was a great time for music but I for one don’t want to turn the clock back

silverfox46

December 18th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Marky147 wrote:
December 18th, 2018, 2:23 pm
Stalky wrote:
silverfox46 wrote:
quite apt Marky as we bailed the cnuts out twice with our own blood,only to be opposed joining originally by De Gaul the then French President. :clap:

T8MML

December 18th, 2018, 2:49 pm

If the Common Market has stayed as it was meant to be there would be no need to even think about leaving. Like her or loathe her Maggie didn’t take any shit from the CM, it was only the lily livered wankers that followed that saw to that - on both sides!

Theadder4

December 18th, 2018, 2:49 pm

If there's another referendum. It has to be 2 choices. LEAVE WITH NO DEAL OR REMAIN.

if it's 3 choices.mays deal/remain/no deal
That's just fiddling it so the remainers get their way. as given 2 choices to those who want to leave and 1 choice to those who want to remain.is just a way of splitting the people who want to leave votes. making it an unfair referendum.
It's said most people didn't know what they were voting for first time around.now it's more clear .so if it has to be another referendum.make it simple leave with no deal or remain.
As the EU has made it clear there will be no more negotiations. and the deal on the table is unacceptable to us.

tankbuster1

December 18th, 2018, 2:58 pm

Double D wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 11:02 pm
tankbuster1 wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 6:39 pm
Double D wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 1:47 am
You lads still arguing over Brexit? You screwed yourself, but rest assured we screwed ourselves worse. At least you don't have a Russian agent in 10 Downing street. Got to give Putin credit, clearly the best intelligence (active measures) operation ever, Split the Eu, weaken NATO, screw up the two best allies in the world. Things will get back to normal, my advice concentrate on Poker. Why don't you lads just join up with us, put it back like it would have been if we hadn't won the Revolution.
HAHAHA Russian agent ,Russian bots ,what a fking Joke so it turns out the grand total of $4700 dollars was spent on Goggle by so called Russian agents the CEO of Goggle said the other week in Congress and the so called Trump Dossier which proved Trump was a Russian stooge well it turns out the man that compiled it Christoper Steele has just admitted in a UK court that he was paid off Hillary Clinton oh and he was also on the FBI payroll

Have you seen that plastered all over the US News Stations yet?

Thought not
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... bf0b8706d7

Tank, here is a report from Washington Post that outlines the Russian disinformation in USA--
It was a 25 million dollar operation, and continued after the election amplifying what Trump was saying. It was a sophisticated effort to discourage democrats from voting for Clinton, and was all targeted to helping Trump get elected. I don't propose to tell you lads what to think about Brexit, but no doubt Russians wanted Brexit to weaken EU and NATO, and they did very similar thing in your election as they did in ours. I strongly think people in democracies have the right to their opinions, many of my best friends here on the forum are Brexit supporters, I respect their views. But I also think our democracies should be ours and not influenced by foreign enemies.
It all depends who the enemy is , also you have to go on a site where the supposes disinformation is while the Government can beam things into your living room https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/statu ... 7277675520

tankbuster1

December 18th, 2018, 3:00 pm

tankbuster1 wrote:
Double D wrote:
tankbuster1 wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 6:39 pm

HAHAHA Russian agent ,Russian bots ,what a fking Joke so it turns out the grand total of $4700 dollars was spent on Goggle by so called Russian agents the CEO of Goggle said the other week in Congress and the so called Trump Dossier which proved Trump was a Russian stooge well it turns out the man that compiled it Christoper Steele has just admitted in a UK court that he was paid off Hillary Clinton oh and he was also on the FBI payroll

Have you seen that plastered all over the US News Stations yet?

Thought not

Tank, here is a report from Washington Post that outlines the Russian disinformation in USA--
It was a 25 million dollar operation, and continued after the election amplifying what Trump was saying. It was a sophisticated effort to discourage democrats from voting for Clinton, and was all targeted to helping Trump get elected. I don't propose to tell you lads what to think about Brexit, but no doubt Russians wanted Brexit to weaken EU and NATO, and they did very similar thing in your election as they did in ours. I strongly think people in democracies have the right to their opinions, many of my best friends here on the forum are Brexit supporters, I respect their views. But I also think our democracies should be ours and not influenced by foreign enemies.
It all depends who the enemy is , also you have to go on a site where the supposes disinformation is while the Government can beam things into your living room https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/statu ... 7277675520
Think of the press as a great keyboard
on which the government can play.”

Stalky

December 18th, 2018, 4:33 pm

tankbuster1 wrote:
tankbuster1 wrote:
Double D wrote:

So are you saying that the government controls the press, but in the USA it’s the opposite? I appreciate that some press agencies will have a government bias like the BBC for example but are you implying that the US press are all anti Trump and it’s all fake news

Theadder4

December 18th, 2018, 5:16 pm

Cnn defo anti trump.24 hours a day.
During those last elections about 10 major polls were published about who was leading.8 showed the republicans leading 2 showed the Democrats
All cnn showed were the 2 against trumps party.trying to sway the voters.
Any time they mention trump voters they always call them the non college going white vote.
At bushes funeral it was all about how the way trump was sitting/took off his coat.as if that was the main story.
The reporters on cnn are a disgrace.24 hours each day with hatred and venom about trump.you can even see it in their faces when they are speaking.all contorted in anger.

Plus during the election there was a major story about the caravan of criminals/illegals heading to the border.they never mentioned it once.apart from a small piece saying trump orders teargassing of woman and children.

Theadder4

December 18th, 2018, 5:25 pm

Every paper in uk and the usa have been putting out fake news for decades.only thing that's changed is they are not in charge anymore.gone are the days when cauliflowers like the sun newspaper can decide who wins an election..sooner the papers and news channels realise they have lost their power the better
.thanks to the Internet.

Plus they are on about Russia meddling in the elections.what about Google meddling when they decide to put anti trump stuff up everytime someone Googled on the run up to the elections.

tankbuster1

December 18th, 2018, 7:04 pm

Stalky wrote:
December 18th, 2018, 4:33 pm
tankbuster1 wrote:
tankbuster1 wrote:

So are you saying that the government controls the press, but in the USA it’s the opposite? I appreciate that some press agencies will have a government bias like the BBC for example but are you implying that the US press are all anti Trump and it’s all fake news
Some Agencies here is a ten min video count how many are anti trump https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G87UXIH8Lzo

Gothman

December 19th, 2018, 12:07 am

Theadder4 wrote:
December 18th, 2018, 5:25 pm
Every paper in uk and the usa have been putting out fake news for decades.only thing that's changed is they are not in charge anymore.gone are the days when cauliflowers like the sun newspaper can decide who wins an election..sooner the papers and news channels realise they have lost their power the better
.thanks to the Internet.

Plus they are on about Russia meddling in the elections.what about Google meddling when they decide to put anti trump stuff up everytime someone Googled on the run up to the elections.
Anyone who reads The Sun, should not be allowed to vote in my opinion....

Rivher

December 19th, 2018, 5:21 pm

Tony Blair has been wheeled out one final time (we hope), trying to convince everyone that we need another vote to decide which 'type' of Brexit we should have!

What a cauliflower.

bilthebandit

December 19th, 2018, 6:13 pm

So in your opinion Riv we should go with wobbly Mays deal or crash out with no deal and would you enlighten us all with your predictions for the solution you endorse.

caaaant

December 20th, 2018, 8:40 am

Yesterday we were told that 3,500 troops are on stand-by in case of a no-deal.
But then the shit show around stupid woman or people is at the top of every news agenda.
Since when is that remark even closely misogynistic? Stupid bunch of cauliflowers would be more apt for parliamentarians, stupid fucking zombies for the public at large who lap up this shite...

What the fucking fuck...

bilthebandit

December 20th, 2018, 10:58 am

caaaant wrote:
But then the shit show around stupid woman or people is at the top of every news agenda.
Since when is that remark even closely misogynistic? Stupid bunch of cauliflowers would be more apt for parliamentarians, stupid fucking zombies for the public at large who lap up this shite...

What the fucking fuck...

Cmon Rich you know this is just a tory smokescreen to divert attention away from this inept gov.

Rivher

December 20th, 2018, 12:46 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
So in your opinion Riv we should go with wobbly Mays deal or crash out with no deal and would you enlighten us all with your predictions for the solution you endorse.
Yes she needs to walk away, she can't negotiate acting so desperate.

The whole point of a referendum is to garner public opinion on an outcome. Not to keep running it until they get the result they want!

They need to just leave, the whole point of people wanting to leave is because we don't want to be owned anymore by Brussels. You think Trump would act like her? No he would tell them to do one and walk away and be in a position of power.

All this scaremongering about needing a deal, fuck them, the whole point of leaving is to be indepedent again. Seems we are even more gimpred up than before!

bilthebandit

December 20th, 2018, 1:30 pm

That's all well and good and tbh I think I have more than a touch of sympathy to your argument and personally if I was the "manager" of UK FC I would have fuked off at the first sign of the EU being stroppy and not forever going their tail between legs looking for a bone or two.

Stupid fukin woman!!!!!

tankbuster1

December 20th, 2018, 7:09 pm

caaaant wrote:

What the fucking fuck...
Remainers and Leavers should both be alarmed that they are willing to put troops on the streets ,They are not even hiding it now as they did during the Miners strike

Sheddy

December 23rd, 2018, 10:28 am

''We can deliver on Brexit''

says the nation brought to a standstill by a toy helicopter.

Theadder4

January 6th, 2019, 10:36 am

Cant believe these cauliflowers have fucked off on holiday.

Stalky

January 6th, 2019, 12:43 pm

I can’t believe that there is not more fuss being made about the government Awarding a major contract to a non-existent ferry company. They’re all as bent as a fucking nine bob note

Rivher

January 6th, 2019, 8:29 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
Yes leave that is what we voted for.

We got the most useless leader in Theresa May, she has no idea at all about leading anything except a rendition of Dancing Queen!

Th whole point of voting leave is so we can make our own decisions once again, seems though we are still totally in the EU pockets with this weak pathetic leader.

You think Trump would dither like this?

Marky147

January 6th, 2019, 9:13 pm

All Trump does is dither?

bilthebandit

January 7th, 2019, 2:03 pm

Careful Noddy Riv is a big Trump follower and ofc he is right about her being useless!!!! Donald can con 100 million ppl and she has trouble conning a few tory boys!!!!

tankbuster1

January 8th, 2019, 7:51 pm

This bint would not be on the UK news for very long https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHdbt4HkPrA