Brexit

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
T8MML

Re: Brexit

December 13th, 2018, 3:18 pm

We all know the only “all in” JC is likely to go for, probably on a back door draw ;)

I think you sometimes forget Bill that Brexit was a cross party thing. TM has been left to sort it all out while others play politics and position themselves for afterwards. I’m no fan of hers but even the amazing Maggie would have struggled with it for an hour or two. Winston would have told them all to fk off by now and Chamberlain would have comeback from Brussels waving a piece of paper and Harold would have lit his pipe with it before turning into Mike Yarwood.

bilthebandit

December 13th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Now it starts "Brexit was a cross party thing" ?????? was it???? how did Lab SNP Plaid Green raving loonies influence Brexit it like the ol chestnut Labour told the banks to gamble billions whilst creaming off the top. Cross party cmon Tim you can do better than that.

T8MML

December 13th, 2018, 8:24 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 7:35 pm
Now it starts "Brexit was a cross party thing" ?????? was it???? how did Lab SNP Plaid Green raving loonies influence Brexit it like the ol chestnut Labour told the banks to gamble billions whilst creaming off the top. Cross party cmon Tim you can do better than that.
You’ll have to forgive me Bill but I thought voters from all parties voted in the referendum. I didn’t realise it was just the Tories who voted out.

bilthebandit

December 13th, 2018, 11:40 pm

Didn't see any of the parties I mentioned giving voters a referendum so trying to blame anyone but the tory party for this mess is misleading the forum haha

Don't think I saw many Labour SNP Plaid of even damn Liberal MPs asking ppl to vote leave also!!!! that was mainly Boris and your maybe next leader the nice Mr Gove a fine upstanding example of a Toryboy.

bilthebandit

December 14th, 2018, 12:00 am

Tory MEP now involved in 500k misappropriation of funds including a 250k shindig in Miami for his buddies anyone think its unusual???

Theadder4

December 14th, 2018, 9:01 am

EU not blinking,saying our choice is no deal or no brexit take it or leave it,
Strange they wont give any assurances on the backstop,
Bassically they are wanting £39billion + of us for the right to go into future negoiations about our rights to leave completly ,which going by these negoiations could go on for years with us in limbo,and i wouldnt put any money on us doing well at the future negoiations ,after the shambles that these ones turned out to be.
WHY would they give us anything in the future negoiations,it would be bad for them to do so.
This way they will get the money (which they need) and have total control over what we do,who we deal with,for years to come,in the process setting our prosperity back by years while they get stronger.
NO DEAL is only option,take the short term hit,and work out of it,or spend years and years negoiating with eu,with our hands tied and our economy getting weaker,year by year.

Ps....only way we are going to get out of the backstop,is if every EU country agrees to it,and only way each country is going to agree is if they get something in return ,like france maybe wanting fishing rights as an example,and every other country wanting a piece of us as well.in some form or other.
Every EU spokesperson who is on tv,keeps repeating no deal is a nightmare for everyone (scare tactics) if its so bad,why are they taking the risk of it happening,because they are relying on us not having the bottle to do it,as thats the message weve been sending them ,throughout the negoiations.

Theadder4

December 14th, 2018, 9:41 am

Whats the betting of the mps fucking off for their 3 weeks xmas holidays,as if everything is ok.

caaaant

December 14th, 2018, 10:17 am

Theadder4 wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 9:01 am
EU not blinking,saying our choice is no deal or no brexit take it or leave it,
Strange they wont give any assurances on the backstop,
Bassically they are wanting £39billion + of us for the right to go into future negoiations about our rights to leave completly ,which going by these negoiations could go on for years with us in limbo,and i wouldnt put any money on us doing well at the future negoiations ,after the shambles that these ones turned out to be.
WHY would they give us anything in the future negoiations,it would be bad for them to do so.
This way they will get the money (which they need) and have total control over what we do,who we deal with,for years to come,in the process setting our prosperity back by years while they get stronger.
NO DEAL is only option,take the short term hit,and work out of it,or spend years and years negoiating with eu,with our hands tied and our economy getting weaker,year by year.

Ps....only way we are going to get out of the backstop,is if every EU country agrees to it,and only way each country is going to agree is if they get something in return ,like france maybe wanting fishing rights as an example,and every other country wanting a piece of us as well.in some form or other.
Every EU spokesperson who is on tv,keeps repeating no deal is a nightmare for everyone (scare tactics) if its so bad,why are they taking the risk of it happening,because they are relying on us not having the bottle to do it,as thats the message weve been sending them ,throughout the negoiations.
Lets get things right, the UK negotiating team have been absolute shite, the EU have set out their stand 2 years ago and never changed. So every time we go there expecting them to change their mind, why the fuck are we surprised they don't?

The unrealistic red lines, the unrealistic claims from leave MPs has completely clouded what we the public expect can be agreed to what can and is on offer.

The backstop is our problem by the way, it is our internationally recognised treaty (Good Friday Agreement) which fucks it all. So it is for us to find a way to un-fuck it. The back stop is in place in case we cannot negotiate a FTA, jusding the shitr show they made of a brexit deal we'll need it.

No deal short-term hit? Mate, look at how difficult it will be for us under WTO rules, do not believe these liars who say it'll be easy. It won't, it won't be short-term pain either.

If we retain fishing rights and enter the WTO rules, who will we sell fish to Dougie? We sell the vast majority of our fish to the EU. Japan would now be a better bet as they have just ratified a FTA with the EU. It took 3 years to negotiate, that is just one cpuntry. How long would our FTAs with multiple countries take? How much do you think we will be shafted by these countries as we will be a tin pot desperate state with a currency which has 0 value.

We need the EU much more than they do us. Get real..
Services accounted for 40% of our exports, without a deal we cannot supply those services.

bilthebandit

December 14th, 2018, 12:13 pm

Tbh Rich I don't dispute much of what you say but the EU does need us badly.

2nd largest economy present atm in the EU I believe and if we fuk off others may also do hence the hardline.

This Tory gov who got us in the shambles in the first place don't have the nous to negotiate buying a 2nd hand car.

1st rule in buying and selling or setting up a deal is being prepared to walk away from DAY1 and to emphasise this which this shower of clowns have not done so have been steam rollered into the present position.

Should have only been 1 redline imo namely free movement being curtailed and I am damn sure then another leave stay vote would
be a landslide for remain as that was and is the main bugbear for most of the population.

Some in and now outside this gov started this process for their own ends and should be made to account for it damn sure if investigated properly you will find evidence of impropriety .

caaaant

December 14th, 2018, 1:27 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 12:13 pm
Tbh Rich I don't dispute much of what you say but the EU does need us badly.

2nd largest economy present atm in the EU I believe and if we fuk off others may also do hence the hardline.

This Tory gov who got us in the shambles in the first place don't have the nous to negotiate buying a 2nd hand car.

1st rule in buying and selling or setting up a deal is being prepared to walk away from DAY1 and to emphasise this which this shower of clowns have not done so have been steam rollered into the present position.

Should have only been 1 redline imo namely free movement being curtailed and I am damn sure then another leave stay vote would
be a landslide for remain as that was and is the main bugbear for most of the population.

Some in and now outside this gov started this process for their own ends and should be made to account for it damn sure if investigated properly you will find evidence of impropriety .
Bill, they need us yes, but not quite as badly as we like to think (the inflated sense of worth we cling to is amazing)

We export something like 44% of all our exports to the EU.
When we consider cars, we export 54% of all car exports to the EU.
In comparison, say for the German car industry, they export around 6% of all its exports to us. EU wide the figure is 11%.
I am thinking the affect on us will be far greater than the affect on them given the % of exports we deliver to the EU and them to us.

This is repeated in many industries, we seem to forget just how much bigger the market the EU is.

I completely agree about deal making, had we started preparing for a no deal and had all the preparations in place, I'd be absolutely fine with leaving without a deal (On a personal note leave or stay my job's ok). But when I consider the wider good of the country, leaving with no deal and no contingency will cripple us. So the choice is quite simple, deal or stay. There's no accounting for the stupidity and blind irrationality of the "just leave no deal" statement though and the willingness of ordinary people to believe these charlatans saying we'll be fine, just short-term issues. The politicians and industry leaders who are saying we'll be fine will be, the majority of the population will not be.

I still think the freedom of movement is such a red herring. We have so much control over that but fail to implement the controls we have, our fault, not the EUs. It'll be interesting to see how our fruit and veg gets picked, the hospitality industry copes, the NHS with its 1000s of EU workers etc. We simply do not have the bodies to service these industries, we need migrants.

I think many mix up illegal immigration with freedom of movement, in this area my views are probably right-wing. We are way to lenient on illegal immigrants. I would deport them within a day of finding them. Policy of no papers, no claim to asylum. Lost your papers? Off you pop and go find them. Harsh, but stops the "dream" of making it to UK shores. This dream will not stop when we leave the EU as we have no systems in place to deal with illegal immigration effectively.

Marky147

December 14th, 2018, 1:28 pm

But we're England, don't they know :roll:

bilthebandit

December 14th, 2018, 2:09 pm

The freedom of movement is a red herring to a certain extent in that its the easiest card to play giving voice to the dumbass jackbooted racists and a great smokescreen for the tory racists to hide behind and conning a lot of gullible ppl into falling in line behind their banner.

As you say legislation available is not used to the extent it needs to with this gov preferring to pressurise ppl who had been here for 50\70 years because they were an easy target.

All the self denigrating bollox does not help either tho perpetrated by our competition and rehashed in the main by numpties saying it without any thought .

If you act weak to your competitors they will tread on you like a bug and lets face the FACT this the weakest and wobbliest gov in living memory ,if a top notch boxer gets hurt with a punch they try not to grimace instead they smile and say come on that's all you got our negoiators threw in the towel at the first cry of NO .

tankbuster1

December 14th, 2018, 5:19 pm

The freedom of movement is a red herring to a certain extent in that its the easiest card to play giving voice to the dumbass jackbooted racists and a great smokescreen for the tory racists to hide behind and conning a lot of gullible ppl into falling in line behind their banner.

LOL i didnt take you for a mug Bill ,but if you cant see the plan well dont say i have not told you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTO3D-_s5Xc

Just everyone remember to keep paying your Taxes to pay for them cos they wont work

bilthebandit

December 14th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Yup its easiest card to play and been done many times notably Germany 30s+ Italy in the good ol USA with Mexicans blacks and Indians years back, over here also with irish blacks Asians and esp spurs supporters haha

Blame the minorities for the worlds ills and enough ppl are mugs to make it a profitable exercise.

tankbuster1

December 14th, 2018, 8:22 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 8:05 pm
Yup its easiest card to play and been done many times notably Germany 30s+ Italy in the good ol USA with Mexicans blacks and Indians years back, over here also with irish blacks Asians and esp spurs supporters haha

Blame the minorities for the worlds ills and enough ppl are mugs to make it a profitable exercise.
Who makes the profit Bill ?

bilthebandit

December 15th, 2018, 12:15 am

Lots of hate mongers make a profit by their lies Tank Trump no1 on the list atm but he will get caught out I believe.

tankbuster1

December 16th, 2018, 3:24 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
December 15th, 2018, 12:15 am
Lots of hate mongers make a profit by their lies Tank Trump no1 on the list atm but he will get caught out I believe.
Now we know where your Tory anger comes from bill https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lines.html

Been on the blob all these years

bilthebandit

December 16th, 2018, 3:31 pm

That piece I briefly read is why I detest Liberals fuk me I am in total agreement with the Tory boy on this one.

tankbuster1

December 16th, 2018, 6:49 pm

T8MML wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 5:45 pm
Sorry Tank - predictive texting changed facist to right ;)
Who is the Fascist here then Tim is it the Mexican Government who are writing the numbers on the Illegal Immigrants or is Trump as the media would have you believe now dont forget they are still in Mexico https://twitter.com/CalNBC/status/1073734427258216448

They are standing in Mexico and (weak minded) people are blaming Trump just the same as the UK will fall to bits because the Media say so you know what happens to weak minded people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjVvAQdxy8 Notice his friends take their hands out their pockets to help the enabler

T8MML

December 16th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Tbh I have no idea and more honest, when Trump is mentioned I switch off unless it involves footage of Stormy Daniels (without him in it of course)

The man is dangerous and a total cauliflower

tankbuster1

December 16th, 2018, 7:34 pm

T8MML wrote:
December 16th, 2018, 7:16 pm
Tbh I have no idea and more honest, when Trump is mentioned I switch off unless it involves footage of Stormy Daniels (without him in it of course)

The man is dangerous and a total cauliflower
Well get ready for another 6 years of the Great man and every one is Innocent until proved guilty ask Stormys lawyer
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/15/poli ... index.html

Scuffs

December 17th, 2018, 12:33 am

Should we have another referendum?

Marky147

December 17th, 2018, 12:59 am

Scuffs wrote:

Double D

December 17th, 2018, 1:47 am

You lads still arguing over Brexit? You screwed yourself, but rest assured we screwed ourselves worse. At least you don't have a Russian agent in 10 Downing street. Got to give Putin credit, clearly the best intelligence (active measures) operation ever, Split the Eu, weaken NATO, screw up the two best allies in the world. Things will get back to normal, my advice concentrate on Poker. Why don't you lads just join up with us, put it back like it would have been if we hadn't won the Revolution.

bilthebandit

December 17th, 2018, 1:57 am

Yup the lemmings on both sides of the pond voted for liars and thieves funnily enough all conservatives BTW do they still have slaves down in the south and the KKK legally hang them for running away????? if so plz send Tank an application to join Co KK forum .

Agree with you about Putin like or loathe him at least hes good at his job and not half as dangerous as tory boy Trump,

bilthebandit

December 17th, 2018, 2:01 am

Scuffs wrote:
Careful that unstable Teresa woman will have you for suggesting that.

tankbuster1

December 17th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Double D wrote:
You lads still arguing over Brexit? You screwed yourself, but rest assured we screwed ourselves worse. At least you don't have a Russian agent in 10 Downing street. Got to give Putin credit, clearly the best intelligence (active measures) operation ever, Split the Eu, weaken NATO, screw up the two best allies in the world. Things will get back to normal, my advice concentrate on Poker. Why don't you lads just join up with us, put it back like it would have been if we hadn't won the Revolution.
HAHAHA Russian agent ,Russian bots ,what a fking Joke so it turns out the grand total of $4700 dollars was spent on Goggle by so called Russian agents the CEO of Goggle said the other week in Congress and the so called Trump Dossier which proved Trump was a Russian stooge well it turns out the man that compiled it Christoper Steele has just admitted in a UK court that he was paid off Hillary Clinton oh and he was also on the FBI payroll

Have you seen that plastered all over the US News Stations yet?

Thought not

tankbuster1

December 17th, 2018, 10:02 pm

Scuffs wrote:
That will be fun seeing the state of the police nowadays if they overturn the vote it will lead to civil unrest and the Uk has not quite controlled the nation right now they need about another 15/17 years t get the Paki numbers up to about 15% and the trans /Gay agenger into our kids then will just do as they are told a most will have some sort of Mental illness ,,hence all the Mental awareness campaign.

Then it will kick off and it will be too late

Double D

December 17th, 2018, 11:02 pm

tankbuster1 wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 6:39 pm
Double D wrote:
HAHAHA Russian agent ,Russian bots ,what a fking Joke so it turns out the grand total of $4700 dollars was spent on Goggle by so called Russian agents the CEO of Goggle said the other week in Congress and the so called Trump Dossier which proved Trump was a Russian stooge well it turns out the man that compiled it Christoper Steele has just admitted in a UK court that he was paid off Hillary Clinton oh and he was also on the FBI payroll

Have you seen that plastered all over the US News Stations yet?

Thought not
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... bf0b8706d7

Tank, here is a report from Washington Post that outlines the Russian disinformation in USA--
It was a 25 million dollar operation, and continued after the election amplifying what Trump was saying. It was a sophisticated effort to discourage democrats from voting for Clinton, and was all targeted to helping Trump get elected. I don't propose to tell you lads what to think about Brexit, but no doubt Russians wanted Brexit to weaken EU and NATO, and they did very similar thing in your election as they did in ours. I strongly think people in democracies have the right to their opinions, many of my best friends here on the forum are Brexit supporters, I respect their views. But I also think our democracies should be ours and not influenced by foreign enemies.

bilthebandit

December 18th, 2018, 12:18 am

I agree like the Krauts and frogs to start with.

Wonder if Cameron took a bung of Putin to start all this mess , and he still wants us out deal or no deal.