Brexit

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
T8MML

Re: Brexit

December 7th, 2018, 10:20 am

Ironic you should talk about a democratic vote being upheld and then bang on about the democratically elected representatives not knowing what they’re doing Bill

Theadder4

December 7th, 2018, 10:31 am

I get my news from news channels/papers/websites and i suppose most people are the same.
Show m e a news channel that says its good to stay in,and i can show you one that says its good to leave,same with papers/websites
Yet remainers seem to think its only the news they get thats real and worth listening to. what makes them think leaving without a deal would be the worst option? Because they read it somewhere? How do they know thats true?
We could keave it up to the so called experts (politicians/banks) to sort it out.
Two brexit ministers have walked out rather than agree to the deals on offer,so if we listening to the experts ,that should rule that option out.
Bank of england puts out a report about how bad its going to be with a no deal,yet dont really want to put their name on it,they admit its just them guessing .
Its talked about brexit being like a divorce (which is pretty much spot on)
Some people in a marriage are unhappy but will stay in it rather than taking a chance of a better life.
Some stay in it because they dont want the cost of the dough they will have to pay if they leave
Some stay because they are happy in it.
Some stay in it and try and work things out.
Some leave and get over the short term pain,to have a chance of a better/happier life/future in the long term.
Ime the last one.
Each to their own,hope ime not falling out with anyone over these brexit dissagreements,i feel strongly about it,as ime sure the rest on this post do.

Next topic i bring up is going to be why i think trump is a great president,if you think my views on brexit are wrong,wait to you hear my arguements in favour of trump :D

Theadder4

December 7th, 2018, 10:47 am

If they do have another referendum (which imo would be a disgrace)
What should the vote be ?
1 =THE DEAL ON THE TABLE or NO BREXIT

2 = STAY IN EU or LEAVE WITH NO DEAL

As re-negotiations is not an option ((unless the eu is bluffing of course)

What should the choices be in a new referendum?

bilthebandit

December 7th, 2018, 10:49 am

T8MML wrote:
Ironic you should talk about a democratic vote being upheld and then bang on about the democratically elected representatives not knowing what they’re doing Bill
Just surprised you dont blame Labour Tim :D

You still believe this gov this party and thier intrepid leader are good for the country but you leave it then denegrate and belittle the country with "little Britain remarks!!!!! now that ironic Timbo :D :D

silverfox46

December 7th, 2018, 10:53 am

:bang: never mind, only 4 more days to this shit hitting the fan bigtime. (the parliamentary vote) should be fun. :bang: we will see who has the courage of their convictions.I'm afraid M.P.s self preservation instinct may well surface yet again.
Last edited by silverfox46 on December 7th, 2018, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bilthebandit

December 7th, 2018, 10:54 am

Theadder4 wrote:

3, neuclear war, Trump will be on our side to protect his golf course!!!!! :D

caaaant

December 7th, 2018, 11:09 am

Theadder4 wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 9:27 am
Richie,so youre saying when theres a vote/referendum on something, that a majority vote shouldnt count ?
We can trade as normal under wto rules with the rest of the world and the eu the same as every other country does, it would be unlawful for the eu to try and stop us.
When it comes to supply chains for industry why should that stop.would hurt buisnesses in the eu more than us.
Log jams of lorrys waiting at ports is nonsense,it will be the same as it is now,we have our checks for goods coming into this country so do the eu,why should anything change,do the eu think we are going to drop our standards on goods we export ? or would it be for spite?
Northern ireland, would not like to see the troubles return.but the republic of ireland is nothing to do with the uk,we cant and shouldnt be making decisions based on another nation,ime sure the uk would be happy to let free flow of people and goods between the north and south which i hope happens, so when we leave the eu we should be hapoy to make a seperate deal with the south allowing things to continue the way they are,if the eu try and block that, its up to the south to take that up with the eu,and decide if they still want to be part of that or not.
Dougie, WTO terms would be a nightmare. Please look into it properly rather than believe what you are told by these lying toads.
It is not a recipe for success, check yourself.

Supply chains would be affected -the EU have no pull here, it's the manufacturers. So you think Toyota, Nissan, BMW et al will keep their manufacturing here. How do they export the finished good? On WTO rules? Or would they prefer a tariff free agreement that the rest of the EU will have with a smooth frictionless deliver cycle? How will on-time supplies be guaranteed to get here if there is no customs agreement? EVERY container will need checking. It already happens in Gib/ Spain border and we are a nation of 30,000 importing relatively little compared to the UK. Our border is a nightmare, for example, orders from Sports direct placed in October by 100s in Gib - still not here...guess where they are...Spanish customs...just like all your orders will be but in Calais or Rotterdam...you are talking crap!!

Northern Ireland...just lol that you think that would happen. Deluded - we would be happy to allow a free flow of good!!? Course we woul;d...but that will not be in the rules, we will be OUT of the EU, so all agreements re flow of good cease. Hard border it is, breaking the Good Friday Agreement.

caaaant

December 7th, 2018, 11:11 am

Theadder4 wrote:

No deal or stay.

Theadder4

December 7th, 2018, 11:39 am

If there has to be another vote ime for a stay in eu or leave with no deal as well
Though got a bad feeling thats not the choice they will give us.

T8MML

December 7th, 2018, 11:46 am

bilthebandit wrote:
T8MML wrote:

You still believe this gov this party and thier intrepid leader are good for the country but you leave it then denegrate and belittle the country with "little Britain remarks!!!!! now that ironic Timbo :D :D
As I’ve said before Bill, I have no time for this Govt or any of the options available at the moment. Also I’m not belittling the country “because I’ve left it”. Over the years I’ve paid more into my country and taken out less than most so believe I’m still am entitled to an opinion. I’m just making the point that some need to take their head out of their arses and realise that what made Britain “great” doesn’t apply in the real world anymore. Equally the United Kingdom is about as United at the moment as an unmade jigsaw puzzle.

Theadder4

December 7th, 2018, 11:53 am

Only winners in this whole thing will be the SNP
If theres another referendum,how can they be denied another one for independence (which they will win this time)
If theres no deal they will demand another independence vote
If its the deal on the table they will demand another independence vote.

Ime surprised they havnt offered the goverment there backing for deal on the table in exchange for an other indy vote.
Think only thing stopping them doing so is they dont think the goverment will be in power much longer to honour such an agreement.

T8MML

December 7th, 2018, 12:00 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 11:39 am
If there has to be another vote ime for a stay in eu or leave with no deal as well
Though got a bad feeling thats not the choice they will give us.
I don’t think another vote with conditions is the answer Dougie. There are unlikely to be any options that will suit everyone, such is the divide between all parties.

The only thing I would vote yes to now is sticking Boris, Farage, Gove and Cameron in the Tower, trying them for high treason against the country and hanging (were it still an option)

_JC_

December 7th, 2018, 12:28 pm

This is the monster of cock ups caused by Cameron who then did a runner without thinking about the consequences. Personally I can see why people voted leave as I believe it was to stop the millions of people that come here overwhelming public services. At a guess about 250,000 a year is an awful lot of people. What none of us knew would be the problems that have now been created, with no thought about the NI agreement or trade deals or the fact that we could negotiate when not in the club. Could I negotiate to play a round of golf at Gleneagles if I aren't a member, err NO. 2 years pissing about and trying to hide things, a bit like lots of others have been doing by sneakily signing agreements without anyone knowing. WTO is not as straightforward as some people are making it out as. As already stated we MUST have some sort of agreement, if the Banks and car firms pull out of the UK then we are fucked. A complete mess from start to finish, with the end possibly being an even bigger disaster with Corbyn as Prime Minister and Dim wit Abbott as the Home Secretary it just beggars belief.

bilthebandit

December 7th, 2018, 1:07 pm

T8MML wrote:
bilthebandit wrote:
T8MML wrote:

As I’ve said before Bill, I have no time for this Govt or any of the options available at the moment. Also I’m not belittling the country “because I’ve left it”. Over the years I’ve paid more into my country and taken out less than most so believe I’m still am entitled to an opinion. I’m just making the point that some need to take their head out of their arses and realise that what made Britain “great” doesn’t apply in the real world anymore. Equally the United Kingdom is about as United at the moment as an unmade jigsaw puzzle.

Quite right Timbo your opinion is as valid as everyone elses is right or wrong as is mine Dougs Riches and even Tanks .

T8MML

December 7th, 2018, 3:03 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
T8MML wrote:
bilthebandit wrote:

Quite right Timbo your opinion is as valid as everyone elses is right or wrong as is mine Dougs Riches and even Tanks .
Too right Bill apart from Tank - his opinions come straight from right wing YouTube sites and they aren’t members :) it

tankbuster1

December 7th, 2018, 5:24 pm

T8MML wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 3:03 pm
bilthebandit wrote:
T8MML wrote:

Too right Bill apart from Tank - his opinions come straight from right wing YouTube sites and they aren’t members :) it

LOL Right wing ,
https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1070787624686796802 every country that iv watching burn is in the EU

https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/status ... 2787218432

T8MML

December 7th, 2018, 5:45 pm

Sorry Tank - predictive texting changed facist to right ;)

Longines

December 7th, 2018, 5:49 pm

Just when you think we've reached peak Brexit stupidity, Priti Patel says 'hold my beer' and knocks it out the fucking park,

tankbuster1

December 7th, 2018, 6:10 pm

T8MML wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 5:45 pm
Sorry Tank - predictive texting changed facist to right ;)
Well they are expecting 350.000 fascists on the streets of France tomorrow as well as Belgium ,Holland ,Germany lets see what the fair and impartial press show of it

Now would that be happening if the "Far Right" Le Pen had got voted in ?

Remember the revolution will NOT be televised https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGaoXAwl9kw

bilthebandit

December 7th, 2018, 6:22 pm

Longines wrote:
Just when you think we've reached peak Brexit stupidity, Priti Patel says 'hold my beer' and knocks it out the fucking park,

Rubbish Ms Patel is honest trustworthy moralistic and prob being a good Muslim would not dream of spilling her beer and her threat to cause another Irish potato famine is not in the least extreme and would be well recieved by most of her party so long as she does not recommend the same for Spain as Tim likes his chips!!!!!

tankbuster1

December 7th, 2018, 6:30 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
Longines wrote:

Rubbish Ms Patel is honest trustworthy moralistic and prob being a good Muslim would not dream of spilling her beer and her threat to cause another Irish potato famine is not in the least extreme and would be well recieved by most of her party so long as she does not recommend the same for Spain as Tim likes his chips!!!!!
Is that the BRITISH Ms Patel? Priti was born to Sushil and Anjana Patel in Harrow.[2] Her parents are originally from Gujarat, India

T8MML

December 7th, 2018, 6:39 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
Longines wrote:

Patata Bravas William - chips are for Benidorm

tankbuster1

December 8th, 2018, 5:09 pm

Been watch the protests all in France ,something has to give soon it must be costing the French a fortune in manpower and lost sales

https://www.rt.com/on-air/445920-yellow ... est-paris/

bilthebandit

December 8th, 2018, 5:27 pm

If there is no LBQXYZ peeps nor muslims or gays and ethnic minorities as these are needed to cause problems elsewhere the police should then open fire getting a 10 euro bounty per wound 20 a kill !!!!!! obv bounty doubled if they are wearing a spurs shirt.

T8MML

December 8th, 2018, 5:46 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
December 8th, 2018, 5:27 pm
If there is no LBQXYZ peeps nor muslims or gays and ethnic minorities as these are needed to cause problems elsewhere the police should then open fire getting a 10 euro bounty per wound 20 a kill !!!!!! obv bounty doubled if they are wearing a spurs shirt.
Extremely anti Semitic Bill

Theadder4

December 10th, 2018, 12:11 pm

Vote tomorow,seems to be cancelled ,shambles.

richlizard

December 10th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Just caught the end of this and Colin isn't even mentioned. Is there another thing called Brexit?

bilthebandit

December 10th, 2018, 1:30 pm

richlizard wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 12:29 pm
Just caught the end of this and Colin isn't even mentioned. Is there another thing called Brexit?

Mr Lizard would you mind not coming on to serious political analysis and debating posts and try to derail them and stick to the lynch Mucky section of the forum which is amply catered for thx.

In reply to a sensible post from Dougie in which i am in agreement its a sure sign of strong and stable gov to ask cabinet ministers to leak one thing then make an official statement saying the opposite.

I am sure there is a perfectly good reason for this inept and shambolic behavior which is akin to knocking a teemie out in a team tourament .

No doubt Tim will be on to No10 asking wtf is going on and Tank will be in discussions with Adolf Robinson about how they can use this to thier advantage.

It will ofc be a relief to Labour as after Ms Abbot crunched the numbers Teresa would win by only 200 votes.

Theadder4

December 10th, 2018, 8:06 pm

May, back to EU with a begging bowl,hoping they throw her a bone.
Why should they? they know we are to scared to walk away with no deal (we have told them that) so even though a no deal would be terrible for them as well,they dont need to worry about that.
They also know that if theres another referendum it looks like the question is going to be a choice between ....accept the deal on the table...or remain..
Both a win win stuation for the EU :bang:

Marky147

December 10th, 2018, 8:54 pm

Just cancel it, and say thank you for not kicking us out with no deal :hide: