Brexit

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Theadder4

Re: Brexit

January 8th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Shes talking good sense tank..pity it wasnt her negoiating for us instead of may.

Theadder4

January 9th, 2019, 12:03 pm

Polls (if they can believed) showing most people in uk are in favour of leaving the eu with no deal rather than take the deal on the table,yet politicians are trying to make it impossible to leave with a no deal,or they are suggestion another vote ..deal on the table v no brexit.
So much for the people having a say in things :bang:

Theadder4

January 9th, 2019, 12:13 pm

Watching prime minister questions just now.makes me cringe to be british.

bilthebandit

January 9th, 2019, 3:50 pm

Cmon Dougie this strong and stable gov are doing a fine job!!!! one which makes you proud to be a Tory boy.

tankbuster1

January 9th, 2019, 5:55 pm

This Country is fked ,the press is suppressed as fk they tell you nothing what is really going on in the Country and that little stunt with Anna Sourby the other day was a stage-managed stunt so they can reign in the protesters if they stall on Brexit

bilthebandit

January 9th, 2019, 10:44 pm

You not defending the Nazi bitch then m8 haha

tankbuster1

January 10th, 2019, 3:49 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
January 9th, 2019, 10:44 pm
You not defending the Nazi bitch then m8 haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v8e-AFLzTI

Theadder4

January 14th, 2019, 12:03 pm

If may losses the vote tomorow (which ime hoping for) hope mps find some balls and we leave the eu with no deal ( forget what the scare mongers are saying,it would be the best thing to happen for the uk in a long time)
If they come up with anything else ,like another vote or no brexit,it would be a disgrace.
Leave with no deal (a clean break) and we can start to build again.

Theadder4

January 14th, 2019, 12:34 pm

Things we being told if its a no deal

Flights would stop (wont happen)
Big backlog for lorrys at ferry terminals (wont happen)
No goods from the eu ,medicines/foods etc will reach the uk (wont happen)
People wont be able to travel freely between uk and eu (wont happen)

In the negotiations its been the eu,s plan all along to tie us up for years,and put off any other countries from leaving,
Leaving with the deal thats on the table ,would lead to years of negoiations,about everything,meaning we are in limbo for years before we can move on, yet some people seem to think that the eu are going to agree to fair/good deals for the uk in the years to come.

Ireland ,,if we leave with a no deal ,it wont be the uk that demands a border it would be the eu,and in that case its up to the republic of ireland who decide if they want to accept that or not (maybe they would decide to leave the eu,if they felt that strongly about it)
And before anyone comes on with the little britisher crap ( were nothing in europe/world these days etc) if we leave with no deal we would see,because then its not the uk who would have to make the hard decisions,it would be the eu,and we would see how it would work out if they decide not to trade with us ,not to cooperate on security with us. And anything else they want to stop.
It would hurt us,but we would see how it affects their own countries bringing in sanctions like that.

As for banking/financial services (which makes up a good chunk of our buisness with the eu) does anyone really think that when we leave (under the agreement on the table) that they are going to agree to us doing buisness as normal,are they fuck,they will either be blocking us or trying to get most of that buisness moved to eu countries.

LEAVE WITH NO DEAL, THEN THEY WILL BE MORE WILLING TO NEGOIATE A FAIR AND PROPER DEAL,NOT JUST WHATS BEST FOR THEM
Last edited by Theadder4 on January 14th, 2019, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theadder4

January 14th, 2019, 12:50 pm

We pay about £9billion more each year into the eu than we get back.so basically we are paying £9billion a year to keep some of the other countries afloat, its a gravy train that the eu dont want/cant afford to stop.so by keeping us in/tied up for the next 5/10 years is their main aim,the bonus ball is getting us to pay another 34/39 million as a divorce settlement.

Marky147

January 14th, 2019, 2:36 pm

You tell them, Dougie :D

caaaant

January 14th, 2019, 3:03 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 12:34 pm
Things we being told if its a no deal

Flights would stop (wont happen) -
EU document confirmed that all air services currently operating between the UK and the EU27 would continue after March 29th, 2019 for a period of 12 months. This will provide “additional reassurances for the travelling public and for countless communities across Europe that have come to rely on air connectivity for economic growth, jobs, trade links and tourism,” said the ACI in a statement on Thursday. It's the EU who have planned for this, not the UK.

Big backlog for lorrys at ferry terminals (wont happen)
You really think so?. We have a hard border in Gib already. Every lorry is checked, we are a nation of 30,000 with around 50 lorries coming in each day. All get delayed by a matter of hours or days, yyou lot are fucked :-)
How many transit Dover? You don't believe the experts then? haha..

No goods from the eu ,medicines/foods etc will reach the uk (wont happen)
It won't happen as we are spending millions on stock-piling and refrigeration. Plus medi-flights to replace overland deliveries. All money which could be spent on NHS for example. Isn't brexit great!?

People wont be able to travel freely between uk and eu (wont happen)
We will lose medical benefits, you will have to queue for ages in the "dodgy foreigner" line. Mobile roaming ends. Tell me how brexit has made life easier/ cheaper?

In the negotiations its been the eu,s plan all along to tie us up for years,and put off any other countries from leaving,
Leaving with the deal thats on the table ,would lead to years of negoiations,about everything,meaning we are in limbo for years before we can move on, yet some people seem to think that the eu are going to agree to fair/good deals for the uk in the years to come.

No, it''s been the Uk and the incompetent bunch of negotiators who have royally fucked this up. The EU have been consistent in the 2 years of negotiations, how many brexit ministers did we go through? We were told again and again, no customs union without freedom of movement, you have been duped for two years by the UK government. If we are in limbo for years it because we are shit at negotiating any sort of trade deal. You do realise the deal on the table is not the agreement? It is in place to ensure we (UK) don't completely go to the wall why we attempt to negotiate a deal.

Ireland ,,if we leave with a no deal ,it wont be the uk that demands a border it would be the eu,and in that case its up to the republic of ireland who decide if they want to accept that or not (maybe they would decide to leave the eu,if they felt that strongly about it)
And before anyone comes on with the little britisher crap ( were nothing in europe/world these days etc) if we leave with no deal we would see,because then its not the uk who would have to make the hard decisions,it would be the eu,and we would see how it would work out if they decide not to trade with us ,not to cooperate on security with us. And anything else they want to stop.
It would hurt us,but we would see how it affects their own countries bringing in sanctions like that.

You really are a blinkers on of a nationalist fool, I call little britisher crap x 1,000,000. They would have to raise a border as we become a third country overnight, no choice there mate and we would have to check goods. If we don't, no goods pass or we pass lots of dodgy shit into the UK unchecked. Is that the EU's fault or little Britain's trying to act all tough? We would therefore be in breach of the Good Friday Agreement. Breach a treaty and see how "easy" it is to negotiate new ones and trade deals.

As for banking/financial services (which makes up a good chunk of our buisness with the eu) does anyone really think that when we leave (under the agreement on the table) that they are going to agree to us doing buisness as normal,are they fuck,they will either be blocking us or trying to get most of that buisness moved to eu countries.

Yes, it's in the agreement. Goods and services, part of the customs union rules, it's one of the beauties of the union, they will not be able to act in malice. Without an agreement they will definitely move most if not all of the business to Frankfurt/ Dublin/ Madrid. All decent financial centres ready and waiting to take the business away from the city.

LEAVE WITH NO DEAL, THEN THEY WILL BE MORE WILLING TO NEGOIATE A FAIR AND PROPER DEAL,NOT JUST WHATS BEST FOR THEM
Leave with no deal and they'll wave bye bye and plough on with all the contingency plans they've put in place and have done for ages, us? We'll be fucked, no plans. No contingency. You really think that a trading block of 27 countries will not pull together to lessen teh affects? Who can we count on?

Sigh - Leave with no deal and I will laugh at your unemployed millions, the desperate toss pots in the car industry who have no clue what is coming if a no-deal brexit happens, the people like you with your head stuck way too far up your jacksy will have it coming.

caaaant

January 14th, 2019, 3:13 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 12:50 pm
We pay about £9billion more each year into the eu than we get back.so basically we are paying £9billion a year to keep some of the other countries afloat, its a gravy train that the eu dont want/cant afford to stop.so by keeping us in/tied up for the next 5/10 years is their main aim,the bonus ball is getting us to pay another 34/39 million as a divorce settlement.

Our GDP in 2016) was around 2,17 Trillion Pound. On this we payed a 1% gross fee (just like all the other EU members) this amounts to 21.7 billion. On this we get a rebate of a third, leaving around 14,5 billion. Than there is the special funding by the EU (education, Welsh Industry etc., this amount to 5,6 billion (including research grants) Leaving a net contribution of 8,9 billion

In the end our net contribution of the EU was 8,9 billion divided by 2,17 Trillion which amounts to 0.4 % of GDP.

Point four percent!

And for that .4% we get free access to the biggest market in the world, not only on goods but also on services. Not a bad deal that
Is no deal much better? If so how?

Marky147

January 14th, 2019, 4:54 pm

bilthebandit

January 14th, 2019, 5:41 pm

See hes not eating cheese!!!!!! oops wrong post. :D Wtf are you doing here Noddy get back to Cheltenhan thread!!! :lol:

Theadder4

January 14th, 2019, 6:34 pm

Experts who run the ports say it won't cause any problems or delays.the way it works now is the lorry drives up.shows a docket saying what he's carrying and get let through.the experts say nothing will change.and if it's stuff he's carrying that's not allowed into the country.it will be up to the customs and police to deal with it.same as it is just now.

Yep.I do know the deal on the table is just an agreement to have future negotiations..
So what will happen after those negotiatons.?
We will have to walk away with no deal is what will happen.as they will not let us have a clean break.then it's back to were we are.with them threatening not to do a trade deal with us.or them putting up a hard border in Ireland. Why wait 2 to 5 years to be back were we started.

What's on the table or a no deal.That's the only two choices.I know what one makes the most sense to me.and gives the country what we voted for.

Theadder4

January 14th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Millions unemplowed if we leave with no deal.when will that happen Richie lol.will look out for it the first week in April.
We're you one of those that claimed if it was a leave vote in the referendum that the stock market would crash within a week.every big company would move abroad within the year.and the country would be in the biggest recession it had every gone through within a couple of months. :lol:

NO DEAL. MAKE BRITAIN GREAT AGAIN.

tankbuster1

January 14th, 2019, 7:02 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Millions unemplowed if we leave with no deal.when will that happen Richie lol.will look out for it the first week in April.
We're you one of those that claimed if it was a leave vote in the referendum that the stock market would crash within a week.every big company would move abroad within the year.and the country would be in the biggest recession it had every gone through within a couple of months. :lol:

NO DEAL. MAKE BRITAIN GREAT AGAIN.
40% of under 30s in Spain have never had a Job,40%, Italy is turning away NGO ships full of Migrants even after being threating off the EU with sanctions.
They have been on the streets for 7 weeks in France demanding change.
Hungary are being threating off the EU because they will not accept Migrants.

The EU is a stinking Cabal

T8MML

January 14th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Interesting quote from some silly bint from remainer side of Labour, about some of constituents who didn’t vote in the last referendum wanting another vote so they can have a say! Really??

If they were to have another referendum for whatever reason those that couldn’t be arsed to climb of their settees last time should be told they can’t vote this time imo!

We’ve just been informed that the Spanish President has said he wants to guarantee all Ex pats will be ok however it goes - in Spain that’s the equivalent of a footie chairman giving a struggling manager a vote of confidence :)

Theadder4

January 14th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Just realised ime an old cauliflower now,i must watch the news for about 5 hours per night.my favs are cnn and fox for american politics,two of them hold totally different views on trump.
For brit politics its sky or the bbc ,they just kind of report what they hear/see
With the yank channels they try to influence the voters ,with some shocking tactics.

Theadder4

January 14th, 2019, 8:05 pm

I listened to it tank and agree 100% with him.

caaaant

January 15th, 2019, 10:29 am

Theadder4 wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 6:34 pm
Experts who run the ports say it won't cause any problems or delays.the way it works now is the lorry drives up.shows a docket saying what he's carrying and get let through.the experts say nothing will change.and if it's stuff he's carrying that's not allowed into the country.it will be up to the customs and police to deal with it.same as it is just now.

Yep.I do know the deal on the table is just an agreement to have future negotiations..
So what will happen after those negotiatons.?
We will have to walk away with no deal is what will happen.as they will not let us have a clean break.then it's back to were we are.with them threatening not to do a trade deal with us.or them putting up a hard border in Ireland. Why wait 2 to 5 years to be back were we started.

What's on the table or a no deal.That's the only two choices.I know what one makes the most sense to me.and gives the country what we voted for.
I hope you are right. I don't think you are though.

Your statement "give the country what we voted for" is so damn personal. It may be what you voted for, but not what john did, or bill did, or paul did. This is the problem with the referendum, no details. So what are you scared of if we had another? Maybe an informed public will change their minds? That my friend is democracy in action, taking back control. What if they don't vote remain in a 2nd ref, they could still vote leave in a second referendum. At least they would be voting on a subject that we understand the consequences of decisions.

I would be happy to leave the Eu, happy to honour the 1st referendum, leave sure, but maintain a customs union. Like some leave campaigners said we would. Others said we would not, that is what makes a mockery of the 1st referendum. No one knew wtf they were voting for specifically. So why is your version of leave the version that must be followed? I don;t think you're version would gain a majority, that is evident in the lack of support no deal has in parliament. I bet there are 100s of different versions, hence the divide in the public and parliament.

This woman in Australia had it right, the incompetence of our politicians on all sides is scary, what's scarier is that the public do nothing. Unlike the French, the English public are like puppets.

Check what this lady says, bloody genius...
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10660 ... ade-latest

Theadder4

January 15th, 2019, 10:59 am

Richie,we still not getting the truth just now of the politicians,
Another referendum would prob lead to a remain vote by a small majority,then what ,cant just call that the final vote because it suits one side,would have to be another a couple of years down the line,then another, and so on,
If people still voted leave in another referendum,its back to the deal on the table or no deal,EU have made it clear ,they are not negoiatingi anymore ,whats on the table is take it or leave it (unless they are bluffing of course) we will never know ,unless we put it to the test and leave with no deal,then see if they want to negoiate further.
In my heart i think i know what will hapoen,it will go back to another referendum with the choices being accept the deal on the table or remain.
Which for me as someone who wants to leave it would be like a choice between a kick in the balls or a punch in the balls, dont think i would even bother voting as there would be nothing for me to vote for.
Last edited by Theadder4 on January 15th, 2019, 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Theadder4

January 15th, 2019, 11:16 am

I talk to some SNP people on a regular basis,they are loving this (even though they act otherwise) if there another referendum on the EU they will put it in their next manifesto for a new independence referendum,
if we leave under the deal on the table,a new independence vote goes in their manifesto.
If we leave with no deal,independence vote goes in their next manifesto.
And when they win a majority (which they will) there wouldnt really be a case for not having another referendum ,as its what the majority have voted for.
And they would win another indy referendum if their was one,people up here from all sides are embarrased/shocked at the incompetence of the house of commons,the way they have handled this.
I voted remain in the last indy vote and would do so again, the clowns that are running the goverment ,i hold responsible for breaking up my country when it finnaly happens (which it will)

Theadder4

January 15th, 2019, 11:25 am

The whole thing boils down to politicians being out of touch/not having a clue about what the british people want/are thinking,
Only reason they had a referendum was because they thought they had no chance to lose the vote.
Same when may called another election,because they thought there was no chance to lose majority.
Weve got idiots in politics ,who know nothing about the country apart from what polls tell them.

Theadder4

January 15th, 2019, 11:39 am

Eu members starting to wobble,germany saying if mays deal voted down they would be prepared to negoiate/have further talks, was only a few weeks ago they were saying this is it no more further talks.
They maybe starting to worry we will actually leave with no deal,
Before they were confident we wouldnt (because we sent out signals we were scared of that during negoiations) and we still have politicians saying they will stop a no deal going through :bang: who the fuck shows these clowns how to negoiate :bang:

caaaant

January 15th, 2019, 11:58 am

Theadder4 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 11:39 am
Eu members starting to wobble,germany saying if mays deal voted down they would be prepared to negoiate/have further talks, was only a few weeks ago they were saying this is it no more further talks.
They maybe starting to worry we will actually leave with no deal,
Before they were confident we wouldnt (because we sent out signals we were scared of that during negoiations) and we still have politicians saying they will stop a no deal going through :bang: who the fuck shows these clowns how to negoiate :bang:
I'm not sure if we will get any movement out of the EU.
If true, it really highlights the crap negotiators we had trying to get a deal. Utter shite.
There's lots of reasons the EU would want to avoid no deal, they would be hurt by it, to a lesser extent IMO, but still a significant affect.

If we set our stall out in the 1st few days, then followed what that Ozzie bird said, we would be in a really strong position.

A no-deal exit without plans in place (which we do not have) is stupid in the extreme. Why not take a breath? Why would you want to risk 100's of 1000's of jobs? Every politician saying no-deal brexit will be fine is basing it on their privileged lifestyle. Of course it will not affect them. The affect on manual workers, farming, Northern Ireland, Gibraltar, UK nationals in the EU, EU nationals in the UK, car manufacturing, aerospace etc will be pretty catastrophic. yes we'll recover - but when? 2, 5, 10, 20 ,30 years?

_JC_

January 15th, 2019, 12:06 pm

I hope when or if there is an election that people remember these utterly incompetent MP's and also those going against the will of the people. Now I voted remain but I had no idea the problems of leaving would face. It says a lot for an Aussie woman on TV who has to say where this bunch have got it wrong. Clowns the lot of them I just hope everyone remembers and votes them all out of office. I could never vote for Corbyn and probably not the Tories either with their dithering and complete uselessness

bilthebandit

January 15th, 2019, 1:12 pm

Looks like your set for the monster raving loonie party then JC !!!! ok that's 1 or 2 rungs up from this shower of inept tossers but the comment of "I could never vote for Corbyn" I find amusing as I think hes a more trustworthy and honest (not saying much) chap than 80 90 % of the shower in all parties.

Roll on tonight for another episode of the comedy party.