Brexit

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
tankbuster1

Re: Brexit

November 17th, 2018, 11:25 pm

Marky147 wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 10:53 pm
tankbuster1 wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 10:51 pm
Marky147 wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 9:42 pm

Yeah, because we don't get treated as well elsewhere, fuck everyone that's not English... Behave, Dougie :lol:
Small steps
It's not 2018, not 1918, Marlon.

I'd have thought someone with the foresight to buy 9000 bitcoins at 10p a pop would know that :mrgreen:

A week on GAB might change your thoughts on that ,,LOL

Marky147

November 17th, 2018, 11:58 pm

Tried Gabapentin years ago, but I overdosed on it by mistake :lol:

Never heard of GAB, but know what it is thanks to google :shock:

T8MML

November 18th, 2018, 12:43 am

bilthebandit wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 11:05 pm
Agree about the banking Tim that why this joke should not have been started in the first place or one of the reasons as there are many.

Wonder why Cameron kicked all this off????? maybe he and some others have a agenda and decided to light the fuse then run for cover leaving an inept sap to take the fall !!!!!!!
Cameron agreed as part of an election manifesto that he would call a referendum to keep the leavers in the Tory party happy so it was a done deal and like everyone says “he fkd up”. Jezza didn’t help tbf by being “weak and wobbly” over his stance - and Abbott counted the votes so everyone got fkd!

bilthebandit

November 18th, 2018, 1:54 am

Haha typical Tory answer !!!

Tories fk up blame labour
Banker fuk up blame labour

Just be honest Tim the tories fuked this up not Jezza nor the queen of countdown numbers not even ol Nige even tho he loves to be credited with it!!!!!! Cameron and his cronies did the damage!! fact and no debate needed .

Theadder4

November 18th, 2018, 5:46 am

Cameron and the goverment put the referendum in their manifesto to win votes and keep themselfs in power (the support that farage was getting spooked them) they didnt think it out and have a plan ready for a leave outcome,they put their own interests ahead of that of the country.
Labour would have done exactly the same.
Staying in power is all that matters to them,thats were they can earn the big bucks.

T8MML

November 18th, 2018, 10:44 am

bilthebandit wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 1:54 am
Haha typical Tory answer !!!

Tories fk up blame labour
Banker fuk up blame labour

Just be honest Tim the tories fuked this up not Jezza nor the queen of countdown numbers not even ol Nige even tho he loves to be credited with it!!!!!! Cameron and his cronies did the damage!! fact and no debate needed .
Typical “ABC” answer - anything but conservative!

Cameron fkd up yes. But nobody comes out of the whole thing with any credit. As Dougie rightly says, they agreed to have a vote to win an election - well fk me a political party doing something to win an election - next thing you know you’ll discover that water is wet!

Anyway as with any political debate on here there are those who want to debate and those that have their minds already made up - in the 1960’s

caaaant

November 18th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Anyone who thinks we'd thrive in a no deal scenario has their heads up their arses. Ask Mogg why he's moved his business to Ireland...
Remember who will be negotiating trade deals, the same shite heads who could not negotiate Brexit.

WTO rules will ruin us, we already have a hard border here in Gib, so know the consequences. Delays in supply chains would be catastrophic for major industry in Britain. Thankfully we have no industry here in Gib, so the delays at our border only really affect fresh produce etc. Try buying anything with a shelf-life of more than 2 -3 days here..you would be lucky. In any case our American, Australian and New Zealand "friends" have already raised objections to our WTO schedule. You know, the ones that farage et al promised it'd be easy to get deals with..

Anyone who thought we could go to the EU with our red lines and come out with them intact is also seriously deluded, the only deal which includes a customs union of any sort means we need to accept freedom of movement, them's the friggin rules FFS. This is no bad thing, we need immigration despite what the right-wing swivel eyed loonies tell you. I can't see any of you for example getting on your knees to pick asparagus. I can't see any Brits in numbers needed to serve at bars, wash shit out of hospital toilets etc etc..

Taking back control of immigration is a red herring, we had control and under EU law, the right to refuse entry, to eject EU citizens taking the piss, but we have no means of checking unlike all other EU partners. Try to get treated in the EU without an E1-11 or insurance, joggo onno will be the reply and quite right too. Also, when we eventually discuss trade deals, all of our Commonwealth partners will demand a level of freedom of movement too, so we'll swap EU immigrants for lots of brown and black ones, again, happy with that myself, but the right-wing nob jockies will be choking on their bacon sarnbies - oh how I'll laugh.

I really think that Brexit now has a more than likely chance to get cancelled completely. The demographics have changed and we will see a final peoples vote if the Tories vote of no confidence deposes May. But but "democracy" i hear Brexitrers cry, as if democracy means we must go on our first (non-binding) decision, democracy in action is the ability to change your mind. No deal is not an option for the majority in parliament and public despite what Farage and Boris will tell you, so would never get through, the only option then would be a GE which the Toiries will avoid at all costs. So a peoples vote then. The reality of Brexit is now much clearer for all apart from the most determined idiots simply not prepared to look at the mess we've already made of things and could be in. The choice would then be simple - crash out, take the deal, or stay put.

IMO and I think the opinion of the majority who will be entitled to vote, staying put at the moment is the best option, any deal is poorer than we have now. Over 1 million old farts (mostly brexiters) have expired since the last vote, lots of young now have the vote.

Brexit is a dead dodo. I would have been 100% behind it if the exshiters had actually presented a solution, but not one has. If any Brexit supporter here has a VIABLE plan, please let me know.
:smash:

bilthebandit

November 18th, 2018, 12:39 pm

I dunno a few ppl are showing a bit of sense in this on both sides Ken Clarke on tv this morning made plenty of sense without having to come out with the party crap about "labour caused the recession" like most of the insincere scum esp the guy who resigned on fri who saying how much he supports Teresa haha.

Prob is the ones talking sense don't talk as loud as the ones causing all the grief.

Its no good trying to shift the blame for this joke of a situation which lies squarely on the shoulders of the Tory party and nobody else no matter how much of a smokescreen they try to put out.

bilthebandit

November 18th, 2018, 1:15 pm

Well thought out post Rich and that Mogg fella is the first I would have with a noose round his scrawny neck or maybe just behind Gove another with no redeeming features.

Your point about the young being screwed over by this lot and this fiasco is bang on as they are the most affected and ofc will be for longer and are deffo more likely to have a big influence on voting in the next few elections.

One million less old fogies prob a not far off the mark due to the lack of resources going into the NHS and aftercare some of them need.

Cancelling Brexit I agree more likely esp if as you say May gets the stab in the back from her "friends" but the brexiteers wont wear that either and remainers tho they would be happy are reluctant to say it out loud as it goes against democracy and the whole point of having the vote.

As for a viable plan where was the Tory viable plan when they set this all in motion?????? non existent ofc .Personally I cant see way out of this self inflicted farce without having serious repercussions for years to come.

Cameron and his cronies are a disgrace and tbh cant understand ppl making excuses for the conservative lack of integrity and morals and certainly their ability to run a country nevermind negotiate anything whatsoever.

Theadder4

November 18th, 2018, 2:10 pm

I get wound up about brexit,yet in all probability it will effect me very little if at all :D

T8MML

November 18th, 2018, 2:22 pm

Good post Rich but Gl getting the tattooed fkwits to agree to a new vote.

Yes Bill, the catalyst to all this was Cameron and his desire to stay in power. For once, and probably never to be repeated, a party leader stuck to an election promise. The 52% who could be arsed to vote out weren’t all Tories though were they?

The whole thing is a total fk up

Theadder4

November 18th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Instead of brexit all they had to do was to stop anyone entering the country ilegally ,get rid of anyone who us already here ilegally,and deport any EU citizen who is in this country who breaks the law and i would have been happy,the rest buisness/trade i couldnt give a toss about,
Just hate it that anyone entering the country ilegally is giving benifits and housing ,no wonder they are so desperate to get here,
Thats something that i hate most as it effects me my family and my friends on a daily basis.
Got famiy members who cant get a council house because people from outside the EU enter our country ilegally and get the housing (that cant be right) then theres the EU citizens who come here with no intention of working and get a house (that cant be right)
Moving thousands of people into a small area over a couple of months period ,putting presure on schools (8 who didnt speak english got put in my wee cousins class on the same day (that cant be right)
It takes a week to get a doctors appointment ,because theres so many illegals put into the area at the same time ,putting massive pressure on the surgeries ((that cant be right)
But worst of all they are destroying our communities thats non EU and some EU citizens,
I work all over glasgow and its the same in every area,my family have lived in the garngad area of glasgow for almist 100 years ,now the young people in my family are having to move out of the area or remain living with their parents ,because there is no houses for them,yet thousands of houses are being giving to outsiders (that cant be right)
And its the same story with most familys in my area and all across glasgow.

Theadder4

November 18th, 2018, 2:53 pm

Oh and the reason we have so many is down to a corrupt labour run council,who got themselfs into so much debt that the labour goverment in london had to bail them out,and the price to pay for that (to take the pressure that was mounting on the labour goverment in london) with the vast number of immigrants arriving,was glasgiw to accept 10s of thousands of immigrants to be bused up here and for us to house them,used to watch buses arriving everynight about 3am ,dropped off at tesco car park in springburn,and taken direct to their waiting (newly renovated houses) in sighthill.
Yet the people in sighthill had been asking for years for their estate to be renovated but nothing was done,so most had to move out,then when they did the houses were renovated ready for the illegals,with the bill picked up by london. shameful.

Garethherb

November 18th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Parliament has a few weeks now to find a third way forward.

If the choice is TM's deal or No Deal then she will win the vote. Otherwise they will vote it down. All the politicians are going on tv just now saying no to both TM's and No Deal, but asked how they are going to achieve a 3rd option and they talk bollox like another general election. Even the tories ain't stupid enough to do that!

Another referendum? Polls have got remain/soft Brexit at 54% just now, but remember brexiteers haven't been campaigning for 30 months. Remainers have been campaigning every day. That could be an easy swing for Boris and Farage et al to overcome. They talk bollox better than anyone on the remain side. If Brexit win any second referendum, then expect a No Deal.

I can see TM getting this through, no matter how MP's talk it down. Remainers like me will be happy to see the back of No Deal. We will have had a Brexit even if the leading brexiters will complain. Never said what type of Brexit we'd end up with. That's realpolitik.

tankbuster1

November 18th, 2018, 4:31 pm

Strange how its all Doom and Gloom and nothing is Viable yet Hitler took a Country that was in a deep depression and a Loaf of Bread cost 500.000 Deutsche Marks and turned the Country into a Super Power within 6 years,,,,,Everyone knows how to do it and its quite simple

Oh and by the Way Germany was doing deals with the USA right up until 1942

_JC_

November 18th, 2018, 4:39 pm

I initially thought Brexit was a good idea, then engaged my brain.Although the EU parliament needs a good shake up of some of the rules.
It would be economic suicide to leave, Just in time goods in the UK would probably vanish overnight as the 1000's of lorries a day trying to get to and from Calais will be stuck in massive queues for hours on end. We could just say NO, they where would we be, up shit creak without a paddle. One of of biggest earners, clearing banks would be chaos and most of them would probably moved to the EU. Lots of what many papers have printed about the EU on changing this and that rule, is basically Fake News, made up to stir the shit about "again". Now if Britain actually had any big companies that were actually British earning the country much needed revenues that might have made a slight difference but we don't. I think the money we send them at the moment is about 4% of our GDP, so not that much in the play of things and what do we get for it, well what wouldn't we get if we left, an awful lot as can be seen by the most ludicrous and hopeful negotiations that have been going on. The EU would never agree to most of what we wanted as it's their rules as free movement is part of that, so on that we have not a chance in hell of changing their minds. The deal on offer is even worse because if we leave we will still be in the Customs Union yet we won't have any voting rights in it. A change of leadership wether yyou like her or not would make not one jot of difference to what the EU would say if we tried to change the deal. A General Election would be just as worse, Now I aren't saying the Tories are doing a great job but if Labour got in, Corbyn Prime Minister and Dianne Abbott as Home Secretary and John Mcdonnell chancelor of the exchequer, I can't think of a worse idea for the UK. Only a few months left to go, God help us all.

bilthebandit

November 18th, 2018, 4:46 pm

The chance of May winning a vote deal or no deal is just a coin flip Mr Herb,DUP 100% against so even if all the tories which is highly unlikely vote for it she will be relying on labour support of which she will prob get some but obv that number has to be higher than the dissenting tory votes or so I believe.

Dougie what you are describing is the same all over m8 due to the fact they don't build enough homes because of the knock on effect in doing so would cause,to alleviate the prob down south they force migrants up north to bear the brunt of the ensuing problems.

And mr Herb I think tbh another leave remain vote would be a disaster causing another 2\3 years of nobody knowing wtf was going on.

A new political party say the European democratic party promising to fight for a united states of Europe could stick a spanner in the works of both labour and tory parties and have Nige choking on his brown ale!!!

_JC_

November 18th, 2018, 5:03 pm

The funniest thing about Brexit is not one single person has suggested an alternative to May's plan or even hinted of their ideas, including Corbyn

tankbuster1

November 18th, 2018, 5:16 pm

_JC_ wrote:
The funniest thing about Brexit is not one single person has suggested an alternative to May's plan or even hinted of their ideas, including Corbyn
Thats because they are all One and the Same the last politician with any Balls was Enoch Powell oh and how they twisted his words and hounded him out ,Yet everything he said has come true and in some cases worse then he Imagined

T8MML

November 18th, 2018, 7:11 pm

tankbuster1 wrote:
_JC_ wrote:
Thats because they are all One and the Same the last politician with any Balls was Enoch Powell oh and how they twisted his words and hounded him out ,Yet everything he said has come true and in some cases worse then he Imagined
Shame you weren’t around to vote for Moseley

bilthebandit

November 18th, 2018, 7:40 pm

T8MML wrote:
tankbuster1 wrote:
_JC_ wrote:
A tory boy i believe Tim.

Ppl keep saying nobody has suggested an alternate plan when infact loads of them have been saying do this or that and Corbyn cant say what he would like to do so sensibly keeps his mouth shut as there is no palatable plan available.

tankbuster1

November 18th, 2018, 7:42 pm

T8MML wrote:
tankbuster1 wrote:
_JC_ wrote:
Are you suggesting that Powell's predictions have not been exceeded on both the Immigration points and the EEC point?

tankbuster1

November 18th, 2018, 7:52 pm

tankbuster1 wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 7:42 pm
T8MML wrote:
tankbuster1 wrote:

Are you suggesting that Powell's predictions have not been exceeded on both the Immigration points and the EEC point?
You only have to listen to 2 mins of it to know we have be tricked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob6Wv_FPp7w ,Can you imagine Powell up against the likes of Abbott and the rest of them on QT and like Powell says we are fed the same trick time after time, here is Thomas Sowell 45 yrs a go a boy born in Harlem ,,,Notice the lack of bits of paper nxt to him

You shoud watch some of his vids ..very clever blokehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_sGn6PdmIo

T8MML

November 18th, 2018, 8:23 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
T8MML wrote:
tankbuster1 wrote:

Ppl keep saying nobody has suggested an alternate plan when infact loads of them have been saying do this or that and Corbyn cant say what he would like to do so sensibly keeps his mouth shut as there is no palatable plan available.
Tory then Independent before settling for Labour and then facist - I’m sure you can the natural progression Bill

tankbuster1

November 18th, 2018, 9:21 pm

T8MML wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 8:23 pm
bilthebandit wrote:
T8MML wrote:

Tory then Independent before settling for Labour and then facist then Islamist - I’m sure you can the natural progression Bill
Sorted that for you . There is a Reason that Asia Bibi wont be allowed Asylum in the UK

Garethherb

November 18th, 2018, 9:35 pm

[quote I think the money we send them at the moment is about 4% of our GDP,][/quote]

gdp is about £2,200 billion but tax take is approx. £900 billion. So the £15 billion we send (of which we get a chunk back) is about 1.6% of tax take or 0.7% of gdp.

Garethherb

November 18th, 2018, 9:38 pm

The chance of May winning a vote deal or no deal is just a coin flip Mr Herb,DUP 100% against so even if all the tories which is highly unlikely vote for it she will be relying on labour support of which she will prob get some but obv that number has to be higher than the dissenting tory votes or so I believe.
If they work out there is no way of getting a 2nd ref or a different 3rd option, they will back TM.

Garethherb

November 18th, 2018, 9:41 pm

And mr Herb I think tbh another leave remain vote would be a disaster causing another 2\3 years of nobody knowing wtf was going on.
It wouldn't be another in/out vote. It will be a choice of 2 Brexit options.
Maybe TM v NoDeal or
TM v SM and CU or similar

Garethherb

November 18th, 2018, 9:45 pm

[quote_JC_

The funniest thing about Brexit is not one single person has suggested an alternative to May's plan or even hinted of their ideas, including Corbyn][/quote]

It's not their job to, they are opposition to the govt. It's govt job to propose legislation. Besides, Labour have been saying for best part of a year they would go for a wide ranging CU. Scot Nat have been saying they would go for the CU and SM. Libs have said they would look to overturn the referendum.

tankbuster1

November 18th, 2018, 11:25 pm

Garethherb wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 9:35 pm
[quote I think the money we send them at the moment is about 4% of our GDP,]
gdp is about £2,200 billion but tax take is approx. £900 billion. So the £15 billion we send (of which we get a chunk back) is about 1.6% of tax take or 0.7% of gdp.
[/quote]

. So the £15 billion we send (of which we get a chunk back) fking Brainwashed and people go on about Rivers Powernodes LOL