Brexit

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Post Reply
bilthebandit
Posts: 1727
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Brexit

Post: # 26723Post bilthebandit
November 15th, 2018, 6:27 pm

Seems to be going well atm with Mrs May doing an outstanding job for the bankers oops the country I mean.


Our Irish and Scottish buddies seem well pleased with Teresas plan and our european mates well chuffed at the news.


Strong and stable seems the way to go!!!!

tankbuster1
Posts: 707
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 3:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26725Post tankbuster1
November 15th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Sold down the river Bill ,,,Thats is why the Gov are terrified of Nationalism all you have to do is look at the sentences at the guys from National Action

Theadder4
Posts: 1799
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26731Post Theadder4
November 15th, 2018, 9:16 pm

Ime all for Brexit.
Problem is the EU have run rings around us in the negotiations.

Marky147
Posts: 1716
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26741Post Marky147
November 15th, 2018, 11:11 pm

Didn't take much to do that, given that what we were told by Farage and his mob was a load of bollocks.

Not that Cameron and his groovy gang were much better, with their lazy campaigning.

Cancel it ;)

Rivher
Posts: 1386
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 4:36 am
Location: Yappsville
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26748Post Rivher
November 16th, 2018, 2:37 am

If we knew part of agreeing to leave is we need to snivel round the Brussels mob to get a 'good deal', then nothing seems much different.

We all wanted to go back to self rule and not be dictated too, plus the immigration card.

Seems we are still very much owned by the EU, in or not!

Marky147
Posts: 1716
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26749Post Marky147
November 16th, 2018, 2:54 am

Rivher wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 2:37 am
We all wanted to go back to self rule and not be dictated too, plus the immigration card.
Did we :hide:

Rivher
Posts: 1386
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 4:36 am
Location: Yappsville
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26750Post Rivher
November 16th, 2018, 6:21 am

Marky147 wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 2:54 am
Rivher wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 2:37 am
We all wanted to go back to self rule and not be dictated too, plus the immigration card.
Did we :hide:
Well I did! :help:

tankbuster1
Posts: 707
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 3:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26839Post tankbuster1
November 17th, 2018, 7:03 pm

The EU will be fked in a few years ,you have Italy ,Hungary,Poland,and now the Czech's are turning against the EU ....Merkel,s madness has fked it

T8MML
Posts: 880
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 7:35 am
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26842Post T8MML
November 17th, 2018, 7:57 pm

Marky147 wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 11:11 pm
Didn't take much to do that, given that what we were told by Farage and his mob was a load of bollocks.

Not that Cameron and his groovy gang were much better, with their lazy campaigning.

Cancel it ;)
I’m with you on the first two points mate. Farage and Boris should now be in the Tower for treason and as that still carries the death penalty that will be the best use of a rope since Michael Hutchence got a whiff o Bob Geldof on Paula’s crutch!

I really don’t think you can cancel it even though it’s probably the best thing to do in the long run. Tank and the-far right would have a field day and it’s too dangerous a precedent to set. I’m not fan of TM but nobody wants the job until after Brexit is finalised because they can blame her for everything that happens for a very long time. It’s a poison chalice and every politician with any ambition in the future (or gutless wanker - you decide) is not going to pick up and run with it. One thing tho, all the keyboard politicians rant and rave over this and that but I’ve not seen as yet a viable alternative

Marky147
Posts: 1716
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26843Post Marky147
November 17th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Was tongue in cheek, but I'd laugh if they did :clap:

Theadder4
Posts: 1799
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26844Post Theadder4
November 17th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Would like us to walk away with no deal instead of accept the shit one we have got.
People seem to think we would be in the shit if we walk away with a no deal,
Imo doing it would put the EU in the shit,they need us and our buisness,if we walk away with a no deal,i would give the EU 5 years max before it broke up
Most EU countries have a lot of money tied up in the Uk,
The Uk putting a ban or heavy charges on any products coming into the UK would hurt them a lot more than us.
We could also just about wipe out some EU countrys tourism industry,if we put our mind to it.
Then theres defence budgets ,we pay more than most countrys ,i would make massive cuts to that straight away.
Then theres the commonwealth,i would be putting pressure on them to make it hard for EU countries to do buisness with them.

tankbuster1
Posts: 707
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 3:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26845Post tankbuster1
November 17th, 2018, 8:39 pm

The fking planes and 12 wheel trucks would be busy if i was in charge

Theadder4
Posts: 1799
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26846Post Theadder4
November 17th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Plus i dont mind any EU citizen who is already living in the UK remaining here, as long as they have no access to our NHS .
Ive been in hospital in greece and they refused to treat me untill i paid.
In spain a couple of years ago i had to get an ambulance to take her to hospital ,cauliflowers threatened to stop treating her and eject us from the hospital cause i never had insurance docs or much money on me.i had to get a taxi back to the hotel then back to the hospital with insurance docs and €150 euros before they would treat her. so fuck them.

Paulscot1
Posts: 487
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 3:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26847Post Paulscot1
November 17th, 2018, 8:57 pm

I do not believe anybody truly considered the logistics of Brexit prior to the vote. It was a case of leave and we automatically fix immigration and have much more money for the NHS.

As soon as the UK voted for Brexit all the Brexiteers resigned so it was always going to be a nightmare for a remainer to negotiate the best deal.

I am sure this deal will be rejected by the house. In fact even if we got the best deal possible it would have been rejected. Labour see this as a shot at power again and want another general election. Tories are split down the middle and some are eyeing leadership.

Tend to agree we might be better with no deal and then negotiating more in our favour. Going to be pretty messy though. A lot of jobs will go and travel may be restricted.

I doubt there will be another vote but wonder how many that voted for Brexit would have done if they new what they know now.

Whole thing is a mess.

Theadder4
Posts: 1799
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26848Post Theadder4
November 17th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Every other country in the EU with the exceptions of denmark/luxenberg/sweden/and ireland sell a lot more to us than we do to them,
Germany £20 billion more
Spain £15 billion more
Holland £10 billion more
And the rest about £40 billion more between them.
Walking away with a no deal would damage them a lot more than it would damage us.

T8MML
Posts: 880
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 7:35 am
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26849Post T8MML
November 17th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 9:01 pm
Every other country in the EU with the exceptions of denmark/luxenberg/sweden/and ireland sell a lot more to us than we do to them,
Germany £20 billion more
Spain £15 billion more
Holland £10 billion more
And the rest about £40 billion more between them.
Walking away with a no deal would damage them a lot more than it would damage us.
Fair enough Dougie if all those things we are buying from other countries we don’t actually need to function properly.

There’s a lot stuff we import because we need it - I mean how fkd will we be if the French “no more Grey Goose!”

bilthebandit
Posts: 1727
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26851Post bilthebandit
November 17th, 2018, 9:28 pm

2 years of screwing about because of the idiotic tory boys who started this fiasco dragged it on and on and on prob to enable them to thieve more from the country!!!!

And yes Tims right cancelling it is not an option as that would make us weak as well as incompetent and would end up paying an even bigger price.


Just say to the EU FUCK RIGHT OFF, pull out and if they want to trade on a fair basis fine if not fuk off and pull out of Nato and gear up for WW111. :D :D :D

Marky147
Posts: 1716
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26852Post Marky147
November 17th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Funny how all these mugs ripping into her have offered no suggestions themselves over the last 2 years.

Postman Pat getting double chirpy from his estate somewhere in the south-west, along with that other ballbag, Boris.

Not sure why we would want to crush the tourism industry, though?

Marky147
Posts: 1716
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26853Post Marky147
November 17th, 2018, 9:42 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 8:40 pm
Plus i dont mind any EU citizen who is already living in the UK remaining here, as long as they have no access to our NHS.
Ive been in hospital in greece and they refused to treat me untill i paid.
In spain a couple of years ago i had to get an ambulance to take her to hospital ,cauliflowers threatened to stop treating her and eject us from the hospital cause i never had insurance docs or much money on me.i had to get a taxi back to the hotel then back to the hospital with insurance docs and €150 euros before they would treat her. so fuck them.
Yeah, because we don't get treated as well elsewhere, fuck everyone that's not English... Behave, Dougie :lol:

Theadder4
Posts: 1799
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26854Post Theadder4
November 17th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Dont know how we got into this mess with the negotiations,we should just have said the people of the uk have voted to leave .and put in our notice,and asked them what they were looking for off us, when they came back with what they wanted ,we should just have said thats not acceptable try again,
And each time they came back to us just say no untill we got a deal that suited us or was fair,then if we did end up leaving without a deal we could put the blame at their door,
Instead it seams it was the other way around,we go to them they say nah we go back after making concessions they say nah we go back again with new proposals they say nah ,soo we just end up accepting anything thats offered to us,because we made it clear to them from the start we never had the bottle to walk away with no deal,and they punished us because they knew that.

Theadder4
Posts: 1799
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26855Post Theadder4
November 17th, 2018, 9:56 pm

We should have got the donald to ghost us in the negotiations :D

Marky147
Posts: 1716
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26857Post Marky147
November 17th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Close run thing who is worse... Him, or our mob!

T8MML
Posts: 880
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 7:35 am
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26858Post T8MML
November 17th, 2018, 10:37 pm

I’m with Marky again. Not one of the “you’ve got it wrong” brigade have come forward with an alternative and that’s why TM is still PM.

THe simple reason we’re in the mess is because very few, if any, actually really knew and still don’t know, what a good Brexit is. Did anybody on here give a moments thought about the Irish border before voting? I’d love to see anyone’s solution to that powder keg!! Nah it’s all a total fk up.

I know out here in Spain, bearing in mind there’s a High percentage of pensioners, they seem to tick four boxes;

1. Medical cover (if one of the couple is of pensionable age both get full cover. I’m a toyboy so I’ve finally found a good reason to stay with her ;)) - tick

2. We won’t get kicked out.- tick

3. Our pension rights aren’t affected -tick

4. The sun will shine tomorrow - tick (although it’s raining at the mo)

Most agree that’s its embarrassing though and makes the home country look stupid

bilthebandit
Posts: 1727
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26859Post bilthebandit
November 17th, 2018, 10:37 pm

Thats down to being weak and wobbly Dougie and not the strong and stable uttered a 1000 times before the last election.

Marky just goto laugh at your "all these mugs ripping into her have offered no suggestions themselves over the last 2 years". that's the fukin problem TOOOOOO many suggestions contradicting and opposing views dependent on their own agendas !!!


For example one Tory boy deep into banking is not wanting to rock the boat with the EU as I believe London is the biggest banking hub in Europe and he want to keep it that way.


Tory boy No2 has business links with the USA so is rattling the sabre at every opening to cause a problem.

Lots of others have similar interests as the above and very very few of them any concern about the country as a whole.


May cant please them all so there was no hope from the start with a gutless clueless party and leader at the helm.

They mostly now are only concerned about their positions hence no volunteers for Brexit post in the cabinet!!!! she had no hope and will have the same in the future.

tankbuster1
Posts: 707
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 3:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26860Post tankbuster1
November 17th, 2018, 10:51 pm

Marky147 wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 9:42 pm
Theadder4 wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 8:40 pm
Plus i dont mind any EU citizen who is already living in the UK remaining here, as long as they have no access to our NHS.
Ive been in hospital in greece and they refused to treat me untill i paid.
In spain a couple of years ago i had to get an ambulance to take her to hospital ,cauliflowers threatened to stop treating her and eject us from the hospital cause i never had insurance docs or much money on me.i had to get a taxi back to the hotel then back to the hospital with insurance docs and €150 euros before they would treat her. so fuck them.
Yeah, because we don't get treated as well elsewhere, fuck everyone that's not English... Behave, Dougie :lol:
Small steps

Marky147
Posts: 1716
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26861Post Marky147
November 17th, 2018, 10:53 pm

tankbuster1 wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 10:51 pm
Marky147 wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 9:42 pm
Theadder4 wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 8:40 pm
Plus i dont mind any EU citizen who is already living in the UK remaining here, as long as they have no access to our NHS.
Ive been in hospital in greece and they refused to treat me untill i paid.
In spain a couple of years ago i had to get an ambulance to take her to hospital ,cauliflowers threatened to stop treating her and eject us from the hospital cause i never had insurance docs or much money on me.i had to get a taxi back to the hotel then back to the hospital with insurance docs and €150 euros before they would treat her. so fuck them.
Yeah, because we don't get treated as well elsewhere, fuck everyone that's not English... Behave, Dougie :lol:
Small steps
It's not 2018, not 1918, Marlon.

I'd have thought someone with the foresight to buy 9000 bitcoins at 10p a pop would know that :mrgreen:

T8MML
Posts: 880
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 7:35 am
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26862Post T8MML
November 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 10:37 pm
Thats down to being weak and wobbly Dougie and not the strong and stable uttered a 1000 times before the last election.

Marky just goto laugh at your "all these mugs ripping into her have offered no suggestions themselves over the last 2 years". that's the fukin problem TOOOOOO many suggestions contradicting and opposing views dependent on their own agendas !!!


For example one Tory boy deep into banking is not wanting to rock the boat with the EU as I believe London is the biggest banking hub in Europe and he want to keep it that way.


Tory boy No2 has business links with the USA so is rattling the sabre at every opening to cause a problem.

Lots of others have similar interests as the above and very very few of them any concern about the country as a whole.


May cant please them all so there was no hope from the start with a gutless clueless party and leader at the helm.

They mostly now are only concerned about their positions hence no volunteers for Brexit post in the cabinet!!!! she had no hope and will have the same in the future.
I think anyone saying we can afford to not be the banking hub that London is has NO CONCERNS about the country as a whole. It’s one of our biggest money earners as a country. Yeah none of us have anytime for the ways it’s run and the bonuses and all that but to UK plc is makes a positive contribution of circa £120 Billion I believe. The NHS costs almost that to run.

You are right about concern over “their positions” - as I’ve said before Brexit is a poison chalice - nobody wants it on either side of the House!

bilthebandit
Posts: 1727
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26865Post bilthebandit
November 17th, 2018, 11:05 pm

Agree about the banking Tim that why this joke should not have been started in the first place or one of the reasons as there are many.


Wonder why Cameron kicked all this off????? maybe he and some others have a agenda and decided to light the fuse then run for cover leaving an inept sap to take the fall !!!!!!!

Marky147
Posts: 1716
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26867Post Marky147
November 17th, 2018, 11:13 pm

He thought that the referendum was like backing Usain Bolt over 100m against you, Nutkins.

Once it went tits up and he realised how wrong he'd gotten it, he jogged himself on.

User avatar
Random1002
Posts: 271
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 7:16 pm
Location: ooop your gary
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post: # 26868Post Random1002
November 17th, 2018, 11:14 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 11:05 pm

Wonder why Cameron kicked all this off????? maybe he and some others have a agenda and decided to light the fuse then run for cover leaving an inept sap to take the fall !!!!!!!
He was an arrogant fck wit who thought a win would be a forgone conclusion - haha that bit him on the backside

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests