FINE... HELP...

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
Ladymuck

FINE... HELP...

November 12th, 2018, 10:47 pm

I know I am no longer a member here ( or at least haven't felt like one in weeks) but...

I have no idea about certain shit in life .... like tolls, tax, insurance, MOT (emptying bins) etc.

So because I told you here about my speeding fine when driving to Coventry (sure it wasn't me driving) I thought I would seek advice here about the outcome. I do not get it. I don't.

So I said ok I did it ... I will accept the £100 fine and 3 points on my licence (as if I had a choice)

But then I got this yesterday by email.....

What the actual fuck? Look, it might be I have never had a fine before and this is the norm ... in fact I have never had any speeding or traffic violation ( except parking BS)

What victims? what £46 fine? Wasn't the fine only £100 when I went guilty?

Random1002

Re: FINE... HELP...

November 12th, 2018, 11:44 pm

Its a brexit thing - just pay up you Johnny Foreigner

The-Villan

November 13th, 2018, 7:04 am

Victim surcharge seems to be a common thing and yes you are the victim. Last time I was the victim it cost me £75 with costs on top.
The £46 might have something to do with the speed you were doing at the time. The bigger the speed over the legal speed the fine goes up. You have no choice but to pay it

Longines

November 13th, 2018, 7:47 am

It does seem slightly wierd. Speeding can be handled one of three ways:

A speed awareness course.
A fixed penalty.
A court appearance.

The fixed penalty is always fixed, £100 and 3 points. The court appearance is when a victim surcharge and costs can be awarded but they seem to have labelled them as the wrong things in your letter - you've been fined £100 and costs are £46.

I'm guessing you might been prosecuted for not returning the form to identify the driver in time rather than the speeding itself - that's why it went to court rather than being dealt with by a fixed penalty.

Ladymuck

November 13th, 2018, 10:02 am

Longines wrote:
November 13th, 2018, 7:47 am
It does seem slightly wierd. Speeding can be handled one of three ways:

A speed awareness course.
A fixed penalty.
A court appearance.

The fixed penalty is always fixed, £100 and 3 points. The court appearance is when a victim surcharge and costs can be awarded but they seem to have labelled them as the wrong things in your letter - you've been fined £100 and costs are £46.

I'm guessing you might been prosecuted for not returning the form to identify the driver in time rather than the speeding itself - that's why it went to court rather than being dealt with by a fixed penalty.
That's what I don't understand either. I did post a reply of guilty way back when I was speaking of it on here. So I do not understand why it has ended up in court. The one thing I didn't do was send my licence details as I just could not find it. (in fact I haven't seen it for months)

I wanted to ask on here before I made any calls so I was armed with any argument of them having it wrong. But to be honest I am not even sure who I ring?

There is also the fact I can not give my word it was sent as it was not posted by me personally. Even though the other assures me it was posted, I can not give my word for another.

I have become paranoid recently so I even considered this to be a scam. Mostly because it is online. But I guess that is wishful thinking.

Talking of scams (and a slight change of subject) I was a victim of one a few days ago.... I was on the phone to Sky sorting out my tv being connected to my new router etc... it was taking long and I asked was I being charged for the call (it took over an hour) They assured me I was not.

Anyway when I seen my bank statement I saw my Sky bill was more expensive than usual (as if its not expensive enough) .. I will be honest and say I usually think fuck it and can't be arsed ringing, but lately so much shit and disaster and taking advantage of me has happened I rang. I was told the bill was higher because of a couple of added phone calls one of which was £14 :o I asked for the numbers and they gave them to me. I said is that a Sky number? he said "no, you don't get charged for ringing Sky". So ok that was 2 people that told me that now so they must be right. And my phone service provider is now Sky so it makes sense.

Anyway I rang the number out of curiosity to see what it was and the voice on the other end said "Hello, Sky services, how can we help?" :o I was livid, fuming, fit to be tied ..............but I was damned if I could be arsed ringing them again (I was on hold so long the 1st time) ....I have zero patience and a lower attention span.

But it has started to bug me the amount of money I am paying out right left and center lately, so the following day I decided I would ring them (yesterday) I explain what happened and how I was told I was not being charged for the call.

The guy explains to me that this happens .. I got the Sky number off the internet (as you do) but although it is their number they do not own it :shock: What? So they have numbers they dont use, and these scammers get them and charge ridiculous amounts of money to call Sky. He goes on to tell me that they are doing all they can to get hold of the numbers and get them blocked etc. But when they do, these guys just get others. So how many fucking numbers does Sky have they dont use????

I still don't understand how it all works so I say to the guy, "ok well what can be done for me in this case?"... he says "nothing" :o He said the last time he put in a complaint about it for someone it had been returned as unable to refund so they don't do anything about it. REALLY? hmmm Now the bit is between my teeth.

So I say "you have no security for YOUR phone numbers and the advertising of them in YOUR name and I am left to pay for that fact?" He said "yes I am sorry" :o

Damn it, ok let's try something else ..So I say "But when I rang and the call was taking long I was assured I was not being charged for it?" He said "yes you are not charged if you phone an official Sky number". I was getting nowhere .. they were trying to pass the buck. So finally I said " If you are aware of these numbers and people being scammed then when I asked if I was being charged how could I be told I was not? Isn't it your responsibility to check before you answer a question definitively?" He had to agree, and finally put my case forward and I will hear back in 72 hours. Fecking liberty.

So anyone using Sky be careful when ringing them. I think they should take responsibility for this or at least inform their clients that this is happening and not let them find out the hard way and then expect them to pay for it.

Very disturbing.

(Long)

_JC_

November 13th, 2018, 12:41 pm

So what number did you use I would assume it to be 0333 7591 018.

bilthebandit

November 13th, 2018, 1:03 pm

Riv is the phone expert I remember phoning him up and got charged 3 Donkeys and a powernode!!!!!

Ladymuck

November 13th, 2018, 2:13 pm

_JC_ wrote:
November 13th, 2018, 12:41 pm
So what number did you use I would assume it to be 0333 7591 018.
Why do you assume that? There are different numbers for different enquiries, are there not?

The number was 0870 1830 591. (don't try this at home)

But whatever, I googled customer services for Sky and that is what I was given. And the scammers must also pay to have their add pumped as it was right up there at the top. Where you expect an official number to be.

_JC_

November 13th, 2018, 5:58 pm

So you rang an 0870 number not listed anywhere on the Sky website and expected it to be free. What the heck was wrong with using Sky.com to check first!!.

No 0870 number is free in fact they cost a fortune.

Longines

November 13th, 2018, 6:12 pm

_JC_ wrote:

0870 calls are inclusive on two of the three current call packages offered by Sky Talk.

They also say that calls to Sky Customer Services are free with no caveat as to which number you have to dial to reach them....

_JC_

November 13th, 2018, 6:49 pm

My bad but no matter how I tried i still could only find one Sky numer with a 0870 number and that was customer services. 0870 025 0501

Ladymuck

November 13th, 2018, 7:24 pm

_JC_ wrote:
So you rang an 0870 number not listed anywhere on the Sky website and expected it to be free. What the heck was wrong with using Sky.com to check first!!.

Even if this was so, how I am expected to know that?

And if I wanted to deal with it online then and only then would I think of going to sky.com. When I want a phone number, any phone number, I google it.

Aso it can be so confusing, I mean what is this particular add saying?....

At a glance on my phone I am ringing what I am looking for 'Sky Customer Services'. Yes this too is an 0870 is it free??? Before this incident I would have thought yes but now I have absolutely no idea.

I am not putting this to be ridiculed for falling victim to a scam but to warn others not to make the same mistake. I am pretty sure they wont just be targeting Sky customers.

Maybe it could never happen to anyone here, maybe you are are smarter than me when it comes to making calls.....I rarely use a phone and I almost never ever answer my home phone when it rings. But I genuninely had no reason to mistrust this number especially when it was Sky themselves answering it.

bilthebandit

November 14th, 2018, 12:01 am

With you here Mucky I fukin hate phones fullstop and only have an emergency 5 quid a month jobby so cant get hit with a silly bill ,got caught out once with roaming charges in Dublin about ten years ago and wont again.

silverfox46

November 14th, 2018, 8:55 am

bilthebandit wrote:
With you here Mucky I fukin hate phones fullstop and only have an emergency 5 quid a month jobby so cant get hit with a silly bill ,got caught out once with roaming charges in Dublin about ten years ago and wont again.
Last edited by silverfox46 on November 14th, 2018, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silverfox46

November 14th, 2018, 8:59 am

silverfox46 wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 8:55 am
bilthebandit wrote:
Bill get yourself on plusnet, like you these smart phones are totally wasted on me, dont text dont fanny about on them. All i need is talk time, for £6-00 a month unlimited talk mins, 2k of texts and 2mb of data, 30 day rolling contract can fck off anytime if it doesn't suit you, can keep your number easy to change over, they do it for you. Result---- fixed costs. :thumb:

_JC_

November 14th, 2018, 10:45 am

My bad, so you decided to call a number from nerdgap.com and not the one listed by Sky.com/help. Well done

Ladymuck

November 14th, 2018, 11:07 am

_JC_ wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 10:45 am
My bad, so you decided to call a number from nerdgap.com and not the one listed by Sky.com/help. Well done
No idea what nerdgap is .... and no idea why you are spending so much time now trawling the net to try and make a big issue out of it. It is what it is. I googled, I got that number I don't go on sites to look for numbers as I have already said before.

Now I am about to leave my house for a 19 hour journey to Essex so not in the mood to argue with you right now.

But if you wish to find out some more "silly me" stuff I am sure plenty will happen in the next 19 hours.

I will let you know and then you can spend the next 24 hours searching my mistakes online.

Theadder4

November 14th, 2018, 11:48 am

Pauline got a ticket in a supermarket,when she was off work with broken leg and on crutches,she parked in a disabled space,the parking attendent watched her get out of her car using her crutches and hobble into the supermarket.
She got a fine never paid it,about £70 (or £40 if she paid withing 14 days)
Then they upped it to about £200 because she never paid it,now they claiming she will have to pay about £4k if they take her to court ((legal fees etc) the last letter she has off them is claiming if it goes to court and she still doesnt pay she could end up losing her house,she has told them to fuck off,so waiting to see what their next move is :D
If it comes to the worse and they do take her to court,theres a lawers in glasgow who just about gtd they will get anyone off who get a ticket from a private parking company.
And as some who was in the carpark game,the company that the supermarket hired to give out the tickets,have no chance if it goes to court,and they know it (in scotland anyway) thats why they send the letters hoping they can scare people into paying up.

Ladymuck

November 14th, 2018, 3:56 pm

Theadder4 wrote:
Pauline got a ticket in a supermarket,when she was off work with broken leg and on crutches,she parked in a disabled space,the parking attendent watched her get out of her car using her crutches and hobble into the supermarket.
Then they upped it to about £200 because she never paid it,now they claiming she will have to pay about £4k if they take her to court ((legal fees etc) the last letter she has off them is claiming if it goes to court and she still doesnt pay she could end up losing her house,she has told them to fuck off,so waiting to see what their next move is :D
If it comes to the worse and they do take her to court,theres a lawers in glasgow who just about gtd they will get anyone off who get a ticket from a private parking company.
And as some who was in the carpark game,the company that the supermarket hired to give out the tickets,have no chance if it goes to court,and they know it (in scotland anyway) thats why they send the letters hoping they can scare people into paying up.
This happened to me at Matalan car park in Romford Essex not long before I moved away.

I got a large fine for not paying £1 FFS. I think £90 but £45 if I paid within a certain length of time.

I had shopped there for yrs when there was no parking fees and hadn't been for months. I just got out of my car and went in as usual. (though TBH i had been there with Jim once and I think he went and got a ticket but that was far from my mind)

Its not like you are trying to dodge paying a pound 'cos you get it reimbursed at the till when you produce your ticket. It was a genuine mistake .. I had shopped there at that time and I had receipts to prove it.

Then I got a further letter threatening and i lost it... I then discovered they have FA power .... so my fav words came into play ..... GO FUCK YOURSELVES.

Rivher

November 14th, 2018, 6:10 pm

When I got a £60 fine earlier this year, I had to pay something like £240 or £280 total with costs and that victim bollocks ( I can't remember the exact amount now but 200 something!). It says the costs are £100 and the fine is actually £40 on the above!

Yes don't ignore speedting tickets, if you don't reply you get found guilty and they wanted £810 from me for it claiming I didn't send back who was driving, I did.

As for whining about Sky they rip you off every month with there charges. Furthermore they don't give a fuck about your £14 phone bill, and only agreed to review it to get rid of you probably.

Dunno why people are still paying extortianate amounts for there inferior tv system either? Anyone still paying Sky or Virgin is an idiot (unless for internet).

As for parking tickets the only ones you have to worry about are the council ones, I never ever pay sip or anyone of the private ones.

Similiar thing happened to me Dougie when I moved in here. I parked half on pavement as you do to unload the car when moving in. As was doing it I saw a parking warden (since found out the office is across the road). I said am I ok here to unload or shall i park it across the road and get a ticket? He goes 10-15 minutes will be fine. I come down 12 minutes later and lo and behold a ticket on my windscreen! All they say is was illegally parked, apparently irrelevant if the enforcement of the parking says it's ok to park there, with them saying it was a different warden! Oh that's ok then, next time a copper tells me what to do, I will say another policeman told me not to! All cauliflowers, anyone who does these jobs for a living are cauliflowers to!

Here is genuine legal advice on your situatuon, as I had same but they didn't get the reply I sent saying it was me. And I moved then didn't get any notification of court.

The paperwork just says they are going to take steps to recover the fine from you. I think what you need to do now is telephone the court that you were convicted at and tell them that this was the first that you were aware of the actual court proceedings against you. You want to swear a statutory declaration setting aside the conviction and sentence. They should then list a hearing to consider whether they will allow that. If they list a hearing let me know. They will notice that you have moved address, which may explain why you did not receive any papers regarding the conviction previously?

Good luck with it all! :help:

Daddymac

November 14th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Ladymuck wrote:
Theadder4 wrote:
This happened to me at Matalan car park in Romford Essex not long before I moved away.

I got a large fine for not paying £1 FFS. I think £90 but £45 if I paid within a certain length of time.

I had shopped there for yrs when there was no parking fees and hadn't been for months. I just got out of my car and went in as usual. (though TBH i had been there with Jim once and I think he went and got a ticket but that was far from my mind)

Its not like you are trying to dodge paying a pound 'cos you get it reimbursed at the till when you produce your ticket. It was a genuine mistake .. I had shopped there at that time and I had receipts to prove it.

Then I got a further letter threatening and i lost it... I then discovered they have FA power .... so my fav words came into play ..... GO FUCK YOURSELVES.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zlkrijgOtGA

Ladymuck

November 14th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Daddymac wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 6:48 pm
Ladymuck wrote:
Theadder4 wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zlkrijgOtGA

:lol: :lol: :lol:

G.F.Y

Fuck face :P

Ladymuck

November 14th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Rivher wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 6:10 pm
When I got a £60 fine earlier this year, I had to pay something like £240 or £280 total with costs and that victim bollocks ( I can't remember the exact amount now but 200 something!). It says the costs are £100 and the fine is actually £40 on the above!

Yes don't ignore speedting tickets, if you don't reply you get found guilty and they wanted £810 from me for it claiming I didn't send back who was driving, I did.

As for whining about Sky they rip you off every month with there charges. Furthermore they don't give a fuck about your £14 phone bill, and only agreed to review it to get rid of you probably.

Dunno why people are still paying extortianate amounts for there inferior tv system either? Anyone still paying Sky or Virgin is an idiot (unless for internet).

As for parking tickets the only ones you have to worry about are the council ones, I never ever pay sip or anyone of the private ones.

Similiar thing happened to me Dougie when I moved in here. I parked half on pavement as you do to unload the car when moving in. As was doing it I saw a parking warden (since found out the office is across the road). I said am I ok here to unload or shall i park it across the road and get a ticket? He goes 10-15 minutes will be fine. I come down 12 minutes later and lo and behold a ticket on my windscreen! All they say is was illegally parked, apparently irrelevant if the enforcement of the parking says it's ok to park there, with them saying it was a different warden! Oh that's ok then, next time a copper tells me what to do, I will say another policeman told me not to! All cauliflowers, anyone who does these jobs for a living are cauliflowers to!

Here is genuine legal advice on your situatuon, as I had same but they didn't get the reply I sent saying it was me. And I moved then didn't get any notification of court.

The paperwork just says they are going to take steps to recover the fine from you. I think what you need to do now :lol: is telephone the court that you were convicted at and tell them that this was the first that you were aware of the actual court proceedings against you. You want to swear a statutory declaration setting aside the conviction and sentence. They should then list a hearing to consider whether they will allow that. If they list a hearing let me know. They will notice that you have moved address, which may explain why you did not receive any papers regarding the conviction previously?

Good luck with it all! :help:
This sounds sensible.

I will speak more about it when I am settled in Essex with laptop. Bit shitty trying to do it on my phone (or Muffin would have got a lot worse :lol: )

They obv ignored or lost my admission so looks like this might be a thing. And I will use that.

BBMONEY

November 15th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Ladymuck wrote:

So because I told you here about my speeding fine when driving to Coventry (sure it wasn't me driving) I thought I would seek advice here about the outcome. I do not get it. I don't.

Surprised no one as given you the most obvious legal advice

Never post on an open forum you've committed a crime that carries a prison sentence

Taking points and a fine for someone else

:thumb: I told you here about my speeding fine when driving to Coventry (sure it wasn't me driving) :thumb:

bilthebandit

November 15th, 2018, 2:28 pm

If memory serves was there not a tory boy convicted a did time for similar Bill???? and a labour one embroiled in a case atm!!!!

Now I know you Bill would never be the type to grass up someone to the law esp over a minor driving offence or someone inciting others to commit theft like using illegal mobile or TV devices ect ect but some ppl don't have your high morals and integrity nor your big wooden spoon haha.

Ladymuck

November 15th, 2018, 3:46 pm

BBMONEY wrote:
Ladymuck wrote:

Never post on an open forum you've committed a crime that carries a prison sentence

:thumb: I told you here about my speeding fine when driving to Coventry (sure it wasn't me driving) :thumb:
Listen you little worm ... we had shared driving... I already spoke to the other before I went guilty ......... he drove the last hour.... and it happened in the 1st half, judging by the time we got off the boat etc. But he was always joking to me about my speed and saying "are you not going to pass that lorry" etc Actually pushing in a funny way for me to speed up. And probably why he took over in the end. I am never in a hurry to get anywhere I have no appointment. But when I speed it will be in a fast lane in a faster car.

But I will continue to say "I'm sure it wasn't me driving" because of the circumstances" I don't even remember it or even in hindsight where the fuck that was. I am just going by a rough clock of the trip. I am pretty sure they will have a photo if there is any argument, but there isn't. I have rightly taken full responsibility. I would take points for no cauliflower. Why the fuck would I?

BBMONEY

November 15th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Ladymuck wrote:
BBMONEY wrote:
Ladymuck wrote:

Listen you little worm ... we had shared driving... I already spoke to the other before I went guilty ......... he drove the last hour.... and it happened in the 1st half, judging by the time we got off the boat etc. But he was always joking to me about my speed and saying "are you not going to pass that lorry" etc Actually pushing in a funny way for me to speed up. And probably why he took over in the end. I am never in a hurry to get anywhere I have no appointment. But when I speed it will be in a fast lane in a faster car.

But I will continue to say "I'm sure it wasn't me driving" because of the circumstances" I don't even remember it or even in hindsight where the fuck that was. I am just going by a rough clock of the trip. I am pretty sure they will have a photo if there is any argument, but there isn't. I have rightly taken full responsibility. I would take points for no cauliflower. Why the fuck would I?
Wow you really are on form today name calling, bad language and basically more Muckshit you on the Vodka early Vera ? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's not me you've have to defend yourself to ,it's the judge :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you post you're sure it wasn't you and yet now say it was you,some might wonder why you lied in the 1st place ? it doesn't add to the story or make you big or clever so why do it ??? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

or maybe it wasn't you driving huh :clap:

Ladymuck

November 15th, 2018, 4:38 pm

BBMONEY wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 4:00 pm
Ladymuck wrote:
BBMONEY wrote:

Wow you really are on form today name calling, bad language and basically more Muckshit you on the Vodka early Vera ? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's not me you've have to defend yourself to ,it's the judge :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you post you're sure it wasn't you and yet now say it was you,some might wonder why you lied in the 1st place ? it doesn't add to the story or make you big or clever so why do it ??? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

or maybe it wasn't you driving huh :clap:

It's been to the Judge you moron.

But why don't you give them a call.... just in case it wasnt me... then I can go to jail. Then you can find someone else to stalk and troll for a few months dickwad.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum