TIGER

This is where most of us will hang around and chat.
Please keep it clean.
Politics (which never remains clean) has its own section! ;)
User avatar
richlizard
Posts: 3694
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 1:39 pm
Contact:

TIGER

Post: # 24930Post richlizard
September 22nd, 2018, 8:53 pm

Is this it?

The best player to ever grace the game has been so close since his return.

I seriously hope this is it.

Such a pleasure to watch.

bilthebandit
Posts: 2163
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24944Post bilthebandit
September 23rd, 2018, 1:18 am

Think you will find that accolade belongs to Jack Nicklaus m8 on a number of fronts.

Jack won more majors,had a better temperament and is certainly more of a gent then Tiger who should really have eclipsed the 18 majors won by Nicklaus but is unlikely to do so now tho not impossible.He has maybe 6\7 years to win 5 more so doubtful after not winning one for the 8 years or so.

Think Jack also had stiffer competition from the likes of Palmer Watson Player ,Tiger for 4\5 years was so dominant it was a waste of time most of the field turning up !!!!!!! most golfers lose the game between the ears Tiger lost it between his legs and drink+drugs ect otherwise he would prob have won 24 majors by now and not 14.

He seems a bit more stable the last year and I agree it would be great if he could turn the clock back a few more times and for the betting chaps here you WILL get value for money backing him everytime for the next 20 majors coz I reckon he still has at least one left in him.

Marky147
Posts: 2435
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24945Post Marky147
September 23rd, 2018, 2:30 am

Agree, Lizardo.

bilthebandit wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 1:18 am
Bla Bla Bla Bla

silverfox46
Posts: 623
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24950Post silverfox46
September 23rd, 2018, 9:33 am

bilthebandit wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 1:18 am
Think you will find that accolade belongs to Jack Nicklaus m8 on a number of fronts.

Jack won more majors,had a better temperament and is certainly more of a gent then Tiger who should really have eclipsed the 18 majors won by Nicklaus but is unlikely to do so now tho not impossible.He has maybe 6\7 years to win 5 more so doubtful after not winning one for the 8 years or so.

Think Jack also had stiffer competition from the likes of Palmer Watson Player ,Tiger for 4\5 years was so dominant it was a waste of time most of the field turning up !!!!!!! most golfers lose the game between the ears Tiger lost it between his legs and drink+drugs ect otherwise he would prob have won 24 majors by now and not 14.

He seems a bit more stable the last year and I agree it would be great if he could turn the clock back a few more times and for the betting chaps here you WILL get value for money backing him everytime for the next 20 majors coz I reckon he still has at least one left in him.
a fair and true assessment Billy boy i truly agree. with most of it but not all.
Last edited by silverfox46 on September 23rd, 2018, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
richlizard
Posts: 3694
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 1:39 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24951Post richlizard
September 23rd, 2018, 9:43 am

Bill, what a load of bollox you talk at times.

T8MML
Posts: 1257
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 7:35 am
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24952Post T8MML
September 23rd, 2018, 10:15 am

As a champion of everything was better when we were younger I agree - Bills talking bollax :)

The Nicklaus era although with some great golfers was only 5 or 6 deep whereas now, more than 15 years ago even, they are 20-30 deep. That said I don’t think Tiger at his best would dominate like he did 10 or so years ago against today’s fields.

bilthebandit
Posts: 2163
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24954Post bilthebandit
September 23rd, 2018, 11:37 am

richlizard wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 9:43 am
Bill, what a load of bollox you talk at times.
Yup dont let the facts get in the way Rich . Nicklaus 18 Tiger 14

Noddy. Using your full complement of facuilties to compose your usual indepth arguement :D You stick to your fav sports of near naked men cavorting and rolling about with each other thats a good lad!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Tim to say that in Jacks day it was 5 or 6 deep and now 30 deep is comical it just mean atm there is no player who is head and shoulders above the others.The Tiger from in 2006 or so would dominated todays field just like he did back then and the "back in the glory days" comment which is skewd by the facts todays golfers have way better gear are fitter bigger and stronger shrinking the challenge of courses considerably .

Anyone who knows the game of golf will acknowlege the vital ingredient of the players strength of mind needed to cross the winning post Nicklaus Tiger Faldo Watson Mickelson Sevvy and a few others had it in varying degrees when things did or didnt go well most players dont have that vital edge to get to the pinnicle of the game.
Tiger lost some of his edge way way too early in his career.

User avatar
richlizard
Posts: 3694
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 1:39 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24956Post richlizard
September 23rd, 2018, 11:44 am

Bill, one of your arguments was that Tiger was so dominant because nobody else turned up.

That one sentence is a total contradiction to itself.

It's a bit like the old 'would Tyson have beaten Ali' argument. Of course he fucking would. But I suppose nobody turned up for the Tyson fights either.

silverfox46
Posts: 623
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24958Post silverfox46
September 23rd, 2018, 12:56 pm

technology in club and ball construction as improved performance dramatically in recent years. i played regularly into my early 60s with Calloway Warbird metal woods and Ping irons (still got them) very best in their day cost was about 2-3 k, but you carn't buy a game. Only managed a 16 handicap at best on a tough course.

bilthebandit
Posts: 2163
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24961Post bilthebandit
September 23rd, 2018, 3:10 pm

richlizard wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 11:44 am
Bill, one of your arguments was that Tiger was so dominant because nobody else turned up.

That one sentence is a total contradiction to itself.

It's a bit like the old 'would Tyson have beaten Ali' argument. Of course he fucking would. But I suppose nobody turned up for the Tyson fights either.

Did i say "Tiger was so dominant because nobody else turned up" NOPE and yes that sentence would be a contradiction i had to check tho as i am prone to typos like some are prone to reading errors :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tyson beating Ali would not be a given what would be is Foreman wudda put Tyson to bed early without his glass of milk!!!!! :D


mancity1977
Posts: 168
Joined: October 30th, 2017, 10:29 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24965Post mancity1977
September 23rd, 2018, 4:33 pm

bilthebandit wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 3:10 pm
richlizard wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 11:44 am
Bill, one of your arguments was that Tiger was so dominant because nobody else turned up.

That one sentence is a total contradiction to itself.

It's a bit like the old 'would Tyson have beaten Ali' argument. Of course he fucking would. But I suppose nobody turned up for the Tyson fights either.
Tiger HAD it in early years and was like a man possessed,like a boxer with eye of tiger(pardon the pun)theyre keen and determined,when you earn £100 million in endorsements alone and follow your dick-the motivation and dedication goes,as well as the mindset,he has the talent and ability to win again,but there MANY good golfers around now and to play 4 rounds consistently with narrow winning margins could even come down to the weather as ive seen it happen,clear sky in morning and when afternoon tea off comes its raining!!!
Did i say "Tiger was so dominant because nobody else turned up" NOPE and yes that sentence would be a contradiction i had to check tho as i am prone to typos like some are prone to reading errors :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tyson beating Ali would not be a given what would be is Foreman wudda put Tyson to bed early without his glass of milk!!!!! :D

mancity1977
Posts: 168
Joined: October 30th, 2017, 10:29 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24966Post mancity1977
September 23rd, 2018, 4:35 pm

mancity1977 wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 4:33 pm
bilthebandit wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 3:10 pm
richlizard wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 11:44 am
Bill, one of your arguments was that Tiger was so dominant because nobody else turned up.

That one sentence is a total contradiction to itself.

It's a bit like the old 'would Tyson have beaten Ali' argument. Of course he fucking would. But I suppose nobody turned up for the Tyson fights either.
Tiger HAD it in early years and was like a man possessed,like a boxer with eye of tiger(pardon the pun)theyre keen and determined,when you earn £100 million in endorsements alone and follow your dick-the motivation and dedication goes,as well as the mindset,he has the talent and ability to win again,but there MANY good golfers around now and to play 4 rounds consistently with narrow winning margins could even come down to the weather as ive seen it happen,clear sky in morning and when afternoon tea off comes its raining!!!(wow our posts crossed(mancity1977 wrote that)
Did i say "Tiger was so dominant because nobody else turned up" NOPE and yes that sentence would be a contradiction i had to check tho as i am prone to typos like some are prone to reading errors :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tyson beating Ali would not be a given what would be is Foreman wudda put Tyson to bed early without his glass of milk!!!!! :D

User avatar
richlizard
Posts: 3694
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 1:39 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24971Post richlizard
September 23rd, 2018, 5:14 pm

Nope, totally confused now. Like an old phone with a crossed line! :D

Phinnies
Posts: 645
Joined: August 28th, 2017, 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24975Post Phinnies
September 23rd, 2018, 6:23 pm

Rich, it's easy, just say Jack was best and you will have Nutkins arguing why Tiger is.

Phinnies
Posts: 645
Joined: August 28th, 2017, 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24976Post Phinnies
September 23rd, 2018, 6:24 pm

richlizard wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 5:14 pm
Nope, totally confused now. Like an old phone with a crossed line! :D
Used to love it when that happened, would just make odd noises to confuse them. Ahh the old days were the best.

bilthebandit
Posts: 2163
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24977Post bilthebandit
September 23rd, 2018, 6:54 pm

richlizard wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 5:14 pm
Nope, totally confused now. Like an old phone with a crossed line! :D

Easier if you read what i wrote and that was that it was a waste of thier time turning up coz trying to beat a Tiger in that 4 or 5 years was beyond them fuk me even the bookies had him at 6\4 to win majors which was and still unheard of stingy odds.


Think i already answered Hellboys remark in that he should have been the greatest and had 20+ in the bag by now not 14 and unless he does the improbable (which i would be happy to see) he will always remain the 2nd greatest of the game.

Tiger had a winning (majors)span up to now of what 10 years Jack over a 25 year period.


Honestly thought Spieth was going to be the next dominant guy but last 12 months seems to have gone off the boil a little.

User avatar
richlizard
Posts: 3694
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 1:39 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24978Post richlizard
September 23rd, 2018, 7:01 pm

I meant the quoting. No idea who has said what.

But Tiger is still comfortably the best player to have ever picked up a club.

Unfortunately I think he is going to lose this lead on the second nine, mostly due to fatigue.

Marky147
Posts: 2435
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24979Post Marky147
September 23rd, 2018, 11:01 pm

Candle lit 8-)

BANG!

bilthebandit
Posts: 2163
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24980Post bilthebandit
September 23rd, 2018, 11:05 pm

Get back on your golf buggy Noddy

Marky147
Posts: 2435
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24981Post Marky147
September 24th, 2018, 12:14 am

What was that stat I heard a couple of years ago?

At his peak he was further clear of Phil Mickleson in second of rankings points, than Phil was of the number 1000 in the world.

For a three or four year stretch he was starting at less than 2/1 for every damn tournament he played. Majors included.

His record of converting when entering the final round as leader or joint leader was insane.

Of all major sports golf is easily the most random. The best player is least likely to win any given event.

For about 5 years Tiger overcame that randomness and dominated like Steve Davis did at snooker in the early 80s.

I have an enormous amount of respect for Jack Nicklaus. Fantastic player and great person. His Masters win in 86 is still one of my all time favourite sporting events.

But he never dominated like Tiger did.


Keith 'The Camel' Hawkins - 2015

Theadder4
Posts: 2156
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24985Post Theadder4
September 24th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Two great players,each the best in their own era.
If the two played at the same time,i think jack nicklaus would edge it.
Woods could have/should have went on to be the undisputed greatest of all time ,,but because of his injuries/mentality or whatever stopped him doing so.
Hes still got a few years to get back to the top if he still has the motivation to do it.

bilthebandit
Posts: 2163
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 24986Post bilthebandit
September 24th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Good to see him back on the winners rostrum,just reading about him a few min ago and its ten years since last major and few players win them again with that sort of time spread but theres only 1 Tiger and I gtee if he stays fit in both body and mind he will win at least another couple more.


Agree with all you say there Dougie with the only contentious point being Jack edging out Tiger if they played at the same time.At their best I believe it would be Tiger leading with ability and Jack ahead with a iron will with I believe Tiger winning over a short term and Jack over a long term and a fag paper separating them.

Marky147
Posts: 2435
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 31326Post Marky147
April 14th, 2019, 8:21 pm

This one?

bilthebandit
Posts: 2163
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 31327Post bilthebandit
April 14th, 2019, 8:24 pm

yup that's the baby!!

Marky147
Posts: 2435
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 31328Post Marky147
April 14th, 2019, 8:45 pm

Hardly a tip for the masters, lol.

I'd guess he was prob 2/1 to win another major, so you can have credit for that lol.

bilthebandit
Posts: 2163
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 31331Post bilthebandit
April 14th, 2019, 9:04 pm

Think you will find in a post somewhere I said "if I was a betting man I would back Tiger EW in every major if he stayed fit .

Back in the day I had 2 quid ew on Jack at 25 or 28\1 when he won his last coz I knew he had 1 left in him, tidy sum then when my wage was £21.20 + exp haha.

Still reckon Tiger got more in the tank and Bandit the punters pal says back him EW every major this year but at the last min incase he busts his back again.

T_F_L_S
Posts: 177
Joined: August 21st, 2017, 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 31333Post T_F_L_S
April 14th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Woods is a sullen friendless prima donna. Not bad at golf but Faldo in his prime would have eaten him alive on a proper course...

waverbridge
Posts: 34
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 9:52 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 31336Post waverbridge
April 14th, 2019, 10:43 pm

I think you're talking about one of the all time sporting greats, he is likely to be seen as an Ali, Michael Jordan and Pele, if he passes Nicklaus' record I think he will become the greatest of all time.

Coming back and winning that at 43 after spinal fusion surgery which is pretty much last chance saloon to get most people back to some level of normality with limited movement subsequently is unheard of, it's literally a miracle.

The look on his face on that back 9 told me everything I needed to know about his mental state, unreal. It was clear there was only going to be one winner after the 12th.

bilthebandit
Posts: 2163
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: TIGER

Post: # 31337Post bilthebandit
April 14th, 2019, 10:48 pm

The Tiger stare was back then Waver???

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests